Delta Private Jets Employee Reviews

Work Balance
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 22, 2018
Wanted more hours than 40. I was a salaried employee and the hours they wanted did not dictate the pay. Poorly ran office with out much direction. Was not satisfied with job.
Resistant to Change; No plan to get better
Aircraft Materials (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMay 26, 2018
A typical day consists of answering questions that could be answered if there was any job assignment, tripping over your co-workers because everyone is trying to do the same job, and listening to management complain about how nothing gets done and things need to get better without actually wanting to change the way they do anything to accomplish that. New ideas are pushed aside simply because something "has always been done that way" even though what is currently being done doesn't work.

The turnover rate in this company is insane across ALL departments which should be a big red flag to the company but doesn't seem to alarm anyone.

I could honestly go on and on about this place but it would be too long to read and wouldn't do any good if someone is dead set on working here. All I can say is I wouldn't recommend it the way the management is currently. Free flight benefits are NOT worth everything else that goes on here.
Pros
Free flight benefits
Cons
The list of what isn't wrong with this place would be much shorter.
Stresssful but rewarding
FLIGHT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 7, 2018
A typical day was busy and stressful, but not overwhelming. Expectations were always known and personnel were always given the authority to make necessary dissensions. This made it easier to operate with less direct control and quickly rectify any situations that arose. I learned much about the civilian aircraft industry, its many airports, and international travel paperwork. Management was very involved and helped insure personnel had what they need to complete tasks, as well as, quick to respond to employees requests. The workplace culture was one of extreme professionalism. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme weather and other situations that would cause flights to not go as scheduled. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things about civilian aircraft, preparing international flight paperwork, and the occasional appreciation of customers we (as Flight Coordinators) rarely met or spoke too.
Pros
Great breakroom, good benefits, and the authority to perform your job as necessary
Cons
Can get stressful. Lot of information to learn.
Great start for FBO work
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 2, 2018
You are an independent worker who is trusted to take on responsibilities. Great benefits and work schedule. Small group creating family like environment
Benefits
Cons
line service 12/hr shifts
Best Place I have EVER worked!
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYApril 9, 2018
I’ve been employed at DPJ for about 2 months now. I could not ask for a better job and a better group of co-workers. As with any job in this field, I wish the pay was a bit higher. Around the $13.50/ hour range for first shift opportunities would be a fair wage for the job. DPJ is a place where management strives to give their clients the best possible experience, first shift has that opportunity much more than any other shift, yet they get less on the hour (starting).

I was originally hired for night shift. A shift that was sold to me during the interview mostly because of the offering of a night shift differential. However, I was set to train temporarily on first shift as there would be many more opportunities to train me on the basics before moving to night shift. I must say that Day shift is now my preferred shift. The co-workers there are experienced to the point where they can answer just about any question that a new hire can throw at them. In addition, they are not condescending to new hires that are not familiar with aviation. These are the kinds of people that make new hires want to stay. Guys on both shifts are nice, compassionate and helpful. They want to make you a valuable member of the team. This is the one employer I’ve had that doesn’t make their supervisors and managers out to be some kind of rule enforcing dictator. The management at the Erlanger location consists of some absolutely unique people. People that would rather befriend you than pick at you. Overall, that is what makes me enjoy my employment there.

A couple more things that DPJ does right
  more... is that they provide you with more than just a uniform. They provide you with a beanie hat, winter jacket, rain jacket and rain pants. I’ve seen other similar jobs that expect you to purchase these items. DPJ provides them free of charge to every Line Service Tech. They are issued just like uniforms; with the expectation that they are returned if and when you leave the company.

DOJ also gives you flight perks. This is useful and highly appreciated.
Pros
Excellent Managment, Excellent Healthcare benefits with both HDHP & PPO plans, 12 Hour days that lead to having at least 3 days off per week, MANY opportunities for Advancment
Cons
Pay Rate could be a little higher (or match the night shift differential), shift bid system could force you to lose your schedule, Involves working in extreme weather
Overworked and Way Underpaid
Pilot (Former Employee) –  West coastJanuary 27, 2018
Crew duty day 14 hours. Minimum rest. Sometimes a 16 hour day-
Management response is scheduled less than 12 hours anything
Goes. Up to the pilot if he’s too tired to fly-management does not back you up. No jump seat privileges on Delta Airlines. No known crew member. Will not pay for employee parking at your home airport. Pass travel on Delta Airlines lowest priority.
Pros
Nice headquarters
Cons
See below
Official response from Delta Private Jets
June 18, 2018

Delta Private Jets does not schedule more than a 14-duty day for 135 or 91 legs. DPJ has a robust SMS process that includes a no-fault fatigue policy, that is supported by management. As of September 2017, DPJ implemented Known Crewmember for all pilots on the DPJ certificate. DPJ pass privileges are the same for other Delta owned subsidiaries, such as Endeavor. DPJ has a parking allowance for all company pilots.

Mark Bishop

Chief Pilot

have your big girl/boy pants on
Any (Former Employee) –  CVGAugust 23, 2017
enjoyable and yet stressful. The fast pace and high demand levels makes this very rewarding but very stressful. Must be a self starter and have the drive and initiative in order to succeed at DPJ.
Good Enviroment
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Covington, KY 41018August 21, 2017
I worked here as a pilot. I enjoyed it. It had a great culture and upgrades came fast. Pay was lower at the time I worked here but heard it has gotten better. The 8/6 schedule takes a toll long term imho.
Avoid as long as current management is in place
Owner Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYNovember 14, 2016
Below industry average pay for pilots; inadequate staffing; poor management; too many holdovers from Comair; management trying to run a 91/135 operation like it's an airline.
Pilot's stay away and run like HELLL!!!!
Current Pilot (Current Employee) –  CVGFebruary 23, 2016
STAY AWAY PILOTS! This is one of the only companies that require you to sign a "promissary note" not a training contract in today's pilot shortage... The note is $15,000 pro rated for 24 month! Starting Captain pay is 61K and FO is 41K per year. Net Jets and many other 135 a much much higher. $90/$60 No union and zero work rules...They own zero aircraft and the only thing they have is the mother Delta's name....Mostly all ex ComAir running the show. Do yourself a favor and look and many other reputable companies. Go fly a CRJ 900 and get a free type with no contract. You have been warned.
Pros
Nice aircraft
Cons
Pay below industry, work rules
Official response from Delta Private Jets
June 18, 2018

Delta Private Jets is still able to attract a large pool of qualified pilots in the face of a growing pilot shortage. DPJ remains very selective in choosing the most qualified pilots. Delta Private Jets requires a training agreement for all initial new hires. It is pro-rated over a 24-month period. The amount is determined by the type of training the new hire pilot requires. First year First Officers start at $55, 750.00 and upgrade time is 18-24 months. Pay for Mid/Light Jet Captain starts at $90,000.00. DPJ leadership consists of a diverse group of aviation backgrounds. DPJ has work and scheduling rules, that ensure safe, efficient flight operations that effectively combines quality of work life for the pilot with company operational needs.

Mark Bishop
Chief Pilot

Fun and comfortable work enviorment with chances to grow in the company
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 5, 2016
• Refueling and defueling of multiple sized private and commercial aircrafts.
• Creating and completing customer invoices.
• Shuttling of passengers to different locations.
• Facilitating the loading and off loading of flights
Pros
Free flights through Delta Airlines and fair pay rate
Cons
12 hour work days
Made The Right Choice
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 18, 2015
With my experience and skill set, I had many opportunities available to me when I decided to leave my previous employer a couple of years ago. After careful consideration, I decided to join the team at DPJ, and I knew within a few weeks that I had made the right decision. The company was just completing the shutdown of its Kinston facility and the relocation of many positions, including mine, to Erlanger. Things were rather chaotic, but the company hired a new COO and the new team soon gelled. My co-workers are an interesting mixture of talented folks, and the small-company culture where everyone knows each other by first name suits me. Business has been expanding rather quickly though, which has caused some growing pains, but I'd much rather be having these problems than the constant downsizing my previous employer was going through.

The one constant in the aviation industry is change, so I don't know what the future holds, but for now I am enjoying the ride!
Pros
Culture, interesting location near intersection of runways 27 & 18C
Cons
Benefits are so-so (not the same as Delta's)
Good team environment
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 9, 2013
Good team environment and benefits for its employees. Unfortunately, the company relocated to a new city.
Terrible workplace all-around
bottom feeding (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, kyNovember 7, 2013
Awful workplace, work conditions-pay-pto, and leadership. List goes on and on. Comair's ex-leaders in charge.
recent employee survey tells the tail - every category but 1 was a failing score.
Pros
free travel space available
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work for
AIRCRAFT MATERIALS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 29, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work with, and was easily the best job I ever had. I was truly sorry they decided to move the c0mpany to Cincinnati and close this branch. it was a loke losing a family
The time has changed....
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 5, 2012
New management, moving operation out of Kinston, NC. My manager was extremely helpful though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Private Jets. Our community is ready to answer.

Delta Private Jets Reviews by Location