Delta Sonic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Quick-paced workplace with a collaborative environment but poor management.
Delta Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 11, 2018
A day at work is usually stressful and frustrating at times. Management rewards those who are lazy and puts a bigger workload on those who work hard. I have learned that having a good attitude and a genuine care for employees is what makes a good manager at Delta Sonic.
very fast psce
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2018
They will give hours if asked and will work with your schedule. It's a fast pace job that has cars coming for a car wash any second. You will work with great employees that will make your job more enjoyable.
Great job bad pay
Delta Technician (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYJune 2, 2018
The overall experience I had at Delta sonic was great. Although I do wish I was compensated better for my detailing services. With the amount of labor I was putting towards my job.
tips
Paint Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2018
i made my money off tips. you can make a lot of you cool with the boss he will put you outside to dry cars. the pay is below minimum wage because of tips
Pros
tips
Cons
weather
Good job
Detailer / Greeter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14615May 31, 2018
Delta sonic is a good company to wrk for. Theonly bad thing is in the summer the heat and when your working in the detial shop.The paychecks stink but depends on the day your tips would be good
Fun work place, room for moving up in the work place, great team work.
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2018
Over all I loved working at delta sonic. Its great team work great tips and good hours. I loved detailing the cars and performing great customer service rain, shine, or snow.
brutal
Technician (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYMay 21, 2018
Never got trained efficiently, Never got fair hours per week to work, worked in dangerous conditions without proper safety training, never got to leave when my shift was supposed to end
Great Job While Attending College
Convenience Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 20, 2018
Delta Sonic was a great stepping stone in beginning my career. They worked with my busy schedule and helped me in developing the transferable skills that I can use in any job setting.
Able to make great tips and encounter happy customers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 17, 2018
I would either power wash, detail insides of cars, or go to the exit of the car wash and wipe down vehicles. The exit is where you can make good tips along being on the driver's side of the vehicle in the detail shop.
Pros
great tips
Cons
moody customers and somewhat poor management
living in the fast lane
Delta Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2018
typical day includes washing, detailing inside and out of cars, making sure the shop was clean, laundry ,operation of tools to detail the vehicles, handling customers and using customer integrity genuinely cared how satisfied they were with their services
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
backed up
productive learning enviorment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, ILMay 11, 2018
Working at Delta Sonic is great if you move through the ranks while you're young. The environment itself is constantly moving forward. You are encouraged to move up fast as a full time employee. The big problem is they do not mind taking away from personal time from family or life. I believe that its important to live a life and have a good career. As a manager Ive learned to teach. That is the most important faction of my job to instill talent to my employee. The pay isn't that great but Im thankful to be able to provide for my family. I make it work. After 15 plus years I just feel Ive worn out from the low plus minus when it comes to work to compensation.
Pros
good coaching, energy, comradery
Cons
bad attitude, low trust, lack of knowledge in some areas
learning experience
Chasier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 10, 2018
Working at delta sonic is a good learning experience i learned problem solving skill how to communicate with customers how to keep my composer ,but the lack of security makes it hard to complete task in the store such as taking out the garbage.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
no security most of the time
Good
Wash Technician / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 8, 2018
Great atmosphere and employees, can work as many hours as you want. Very flexible for a college student. Would recommend to a high school or college student.
Friendly and professional work place
Detailed cars and car washer (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILLINOISApril 27, 2018
Fast paste. always going to be working . No sitting around have to be doing some productive. Managers were always on you to do better and always motivated others they work with.
Delta
Food Service Worker/ Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 7, 2018
Delta Sonic is a great place to work if you are young and in school working to build your resume. They offer flexible scheduling and numerous jobs for everyone's interests. Everyone gets along and creates a positive work culture.
Pros
Discounts on car washes, oil changes and details.
Cons
Short staffed alot.
Simple part time job.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 3, 2018
Delta sonic is a job you would want to work for no longer than 6 months. They do not care for your well being, at once I stood in 12 degree weather applying cold water to cars for 4 hours. I couldn’t feel my hands after. Not a job a recommend. You work hard for little to nothing.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything other than tips
delta tecnician
Delta tech (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 28, 2018
Being a delta technician you get paid less then minimum wage. job responsibilities include power washing cars, cleaning, drying, and detailing cars. "Favorited" employees will always be put to dry because that's where you make the most money. Their scheduling have a thing called "call before" which means you call n hour before your shift and 3/5 times you will be called off of work.
Great job for kids in school.
Advisor II/Level II (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 23, 2018
It is a great place for kids to earn money. You could expect long days in the summer when it was their busy season and shorter days in the winter. I learned how to work with others in a team setting and built leadership skills by helping those who accepted cashier positions.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Long work days
Great pay for college
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 23, 2018
Flexible hours and great pay.
They work with your schedule. It's a little hard work at first but the pay off is great. It's like any other job, it get the bills paid. Great work environment as well. Would highly recommend.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2018
Good place to work. Very fun and productive environment. Wonderful management and very supportive. Would recommend this position to anyone who is interested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Sonic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight