Delta Sonic
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Working at Delta Sonic: Employee Reviews

Delta Sonic insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Good Pay, Okay hours/flexibility, poor COVID protocol enforcement.

For a first job or just a basic easy job, it's a very good bet. You get a ton of tips which more than makes up for the starting pay. The work is pretty easy, although there's a bit of a learning curve.Unfortunately, most workers don't seem to care for COVID protocols at all, and management doesn't seem too inclined to enforce it.

Worst management EVER.

Awful management, No communication, and they give best paying tip positions to females and a couple adults who have been there for years. They will get a full 8 hour shift of tip time while new workers will only get about an hour or 2. They don’t care if the jobs done right just if it’s done. When corporates around it’s a completely different work environment compared to when they aren’t. (More professional) Management has been suspended for using position of power for let’s just say “favors” from lower level females in the company, yet somehow they still have a job. Not an awful job, but you will find yourself ready to quit after a week from all the drama and nonsense, but most importantly the awful pay compared to workload if you’re not working tipped positions which is completely controlled by management.

Pros

Plenty of hours, Awesome Co-workers

Cons

Management, Lack of variety, Pay

Tips make up for lackluster job, management is great.

if your schedule does not fit their’s they will schedule you but start to not call you in this has happened to many people I know who have worked there and is the reason I quit. For instance one day I was scheduled I called in to see if I work as thats how you see if they “need” you even after you are scheduled, I called 5 times with no response and no follow up, the next day I call in they call me off again and do not even mention the day before. Management is good if you work in the Detail shop (I’m not sure about wash management as I have less experience with them) but that comes with less money because the tips that are earned in the detail shop aren’t nearly as much as in the wash. Pay for work in the detail shop at least also isn’t enough as you get paid $12.50-$13.50 to do things that people who get paid more do, there is also no raise as you move higher up in “level” past level 2.

Pros

Tips are nice, management is nice

Cons

Must be clocked in for 6 hours to get a break, no idea when your shift will end, hard to get to know people unless you work a lot, hours aren’t good, have to call in to see if you work, all paper and phone call.

Very Good High School Job

Was in the Detail Shop for the years I worked there. Detail cars on a conveyor belt. Customers can be rude and extremely picky when looking over your work. Just make sure you do your job right and you'll live.If you like cars its a nice place to work although be prepared to work in really cold temps as well as hot temps.

Pros

Tips, Flexibility with your schedule

Cons

Weather, Hourly Pay is low

Wash Tech

Great work work environment for what it was, everyone was essentially part time unless you were a senior cashier or supervisor. Detail shop could be disorganized depending on who’s running the show and the detail techs that are there. Had fun there it’s a car wash it should be fun and sometimes it sucked but that’s a job for you.

Pros

Wipe time equals tips

Cons

Part time unless you are a supervisor

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Working on site is much more enjoyable when an employee doesn’t have to deal with corporate management

Delta Sonic is a fine place to work unless you want to move up in the company. They prefer to hire from outside when important job openings arise. They do not treat their loyal employees with the respect they deserve.

Cons

Short breaks

It’s okay

The work is rewarding and fairly simple, but the management team seems very disorganized and the call-in system for scheduling is extremely frustrating as your hours— and therefore your pay— for each week is never guaranteed.

Pros

Positive work environment, nice people, good tips, flexible schedule for college students

Cons

Poor management, scheduling system is horrible (no guaranteed hours), work in extreme weather conditions, must stand for long periods of time

Higher ups don’t solve issues fast enough

I used to love this job but other coworkers make me hate it. You talk to higher ups about situations that need to be addressed but it goes right out their other ear. Good luck having a serious situation go on and them actually doing something about it.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Short breaks, don’t get enough hours, never guaranteed good pay

Family Business that appreciates hard work

Problem for some people is that they expect too much in a very short time.You make excellent pay with bonuses and/or tips.A lot of people think you can not make a good living while working here but in reality you can make way more than many people with college degrees.

Pros

Very friendly and flexible job

Cons

Healthcare cost too high

Make More As A Technician

Advancement in management is purely time based and nothing else. Even if you provide the most value at the location, your position will stay stagnant. You will go home making less than the people you are managing on a daily basis.

it was ok, working in the winter was rough

pay is not that great. the only time you get good pay is through tips. and there are only 2 tipping positions. they have favorites and management is a complete joke

Pros

long lunch

Cons

harsh weather, poor management, poor pay

Delta Sonic

I worked at delta sonic for almost 10 years. The people were always great but management could use some work. There were many times we were told things or made promises that never happened.

Good pay

Good pay, good management training, good summer parties, they have a lot of opportunities to expand knowledge and career. Enjoy getting time off to enjoyMy personal life

Pros

Summer parties, good Pay

Coworkers and Good Knowledge on Products of Maintaining Vehicles

The job is great for knowledge on how to take care of your personal car and how to work with customers to give great service for their vehicles. The coworkers are nice to be around and make the workplace not bad at all. Management can be smooth but some can have tendencies to take the job over the top. The pay rate has changed from the time I started and it seems to have matched the board for new coming employees. Beware of some rude customers and nitpicky services 😮‍💨

Pros

Coworkers, Positive Work Assessments, Tips

Cons

Rude customers, Dangerous drivers, Management at times, Early Pay Rates

Bad hours good pay

It’s an all right job don’t recommend though as the scheduling is all over the and can be difficult to obtain some concrete working hours.

Pros

Flexible hours good management

Cons

Awful scheduling

Field IT role (Corporate)

Field IT techs hired tend to last one year according to the DMs in the field, the pay is low, and they promote based on time rather than knowledge or skill. When you discuss IT theory with your new boss the response should never be "weird flex bro." No support for anyone in mental health crisis, they outsource that so they don't have to deal with it.

Pros

Some free services I seldom use because the lines are long.

Cons

I have like seventeen bosses, no direction, or training. My boss doesn't know spit about IT and I saved him several times.

Great place to work and flexible schedule

Work life is good at Delta Sonic, they are flexible with working around your schedule (ie: school). This job was overall a good experience and I enjoyed working with others here.

Good high-school / College job

If you are looking to make decent money to save for college or help pay for college, this is the job for you. This job helps you bring out your more outgoing side because you are always talking to customers. If you are trying to work on “coming out of your shell” this is the job for you.

Pros

Flexibility, nice employees, tips

Cons

If you mess up one time you get punished and they never forget it

flexible schedule and good tips in wash only

once you are settled and trained your schedule is as flexible as you want it to be just need to be able to set boundaries for out times or you will be kept over 9 hours. tips are great in the wash, not so much in the detail shop as you are trained to work in both areas. working up to be a wash cashier makes the job work it as you make commission pay added on to hourly wages as well as bonuses based on what you sell, I know girls that have worked about 20-25 hours a week and sold the majority of those shifts and make anywhere from $500-900!

A decent job for high school, not worth staying after.

Working part time as a high schooler here is a great job. Its relatively flexible and you make good money, especially if you are in the car wash. As a full time employee, in any of the other departments, its not the same story. Every department besides the car wash is neglected, and upper management/district managers make sure you know it. As a detail manager myself, even after my first few months in management I already had countless times that my departments needs would be neglected. Staffing was an issue everyday. Broken equipment? Deal with it. You guys are busy and the car wash is dead? No, you can't get an employee to help. Even if there is 10 people standing around talking. Every week after we had gotten back from the covid pandemic, we were forced to run with less and less people (per district managers). We were supposed to make more money than last year despite being closed for 3 months that year (and that is still continuing to this day). HR is a joke. There has been countless managers who have worked with covid (and supervisors have known). Countless harassments issues from management gone unnoticed. Belittlement for every little thing, even if it wasn't your fault to begin with. Overall, just not fun. I could ramble on more, but in the end- The company is going down hill. Its a mess and everyone is leaving, those staying are living in a horrible mess of delta sonics own creation. Not worth applying.

Pros

Tips, Flexibility, Half Decent Wages

Cons

Poor Upper Management, Bad Work Environment, Favoritism

Great family atmosphere, competitive pay

Good competitive pay and fun group to be with! Very busy, upbeat atmosphere. Seasonal, but money is good and lots of group activities, close knit company although it is a large one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta Sonic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight