Delta Employee Reviews

Found 2,967 reviews matching the search See all 3,263 reviews
Enjoy working for a company that cares about their employees
Travelliance-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
The hardest part of my job is when the weather is bad across the country and we go in to what we call IROP (Irregular operations). This is when things get really hectic and chaotic. Mainly making sure that Crews are placed in hotels appropriate hotels and that they have transportation to and from the Airport.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my Team. They come in and do their job with minimal supervision and they make coming in to work worth it,
productive some fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2018
clock in wait for supervisor to do the briefing, receive what area you'll work that day. I learned how to drive the ramp vehicles. management is considerate.The work place culture is Fair. There is no hard part about this job.what I feel is enjoyable about this job is the employees get along.
Pros
fun sometimes and nice employees as well as management.
Cons
when the weather change, it may be very hot or very cold depending on where you're working.
Positive experience with great culture
Senior Analyst - IFS Operations & Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Personally during my time I've had a positive experience. Work has never been too stressful, and the culture as always been easy going. The benefits have allowed me to travel the world and meet a lot of new people as well.

Leadership has always been flexible and willing to assist with any workplace issues and/or responsibilities. .
Pros
travel benefits, culture
Cons
salary
Great place to work and the pay is good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2018
It varied daily,I learned how to be flexible and work with many as a team.Management sometimes varied some good and some not so good.It was a great workplace.Trying to perform the job with always constantly changing perimeters and increasing the Stats for reservation ticket sales.I didn't like the on the phone name calling to me of the customers for not being able to always get what they wanted ex:lowest fare,aisle seat, window seat, leave earlier,leave later and etc.)
Pros
free parking, pay, benefits, vacation days, PTO and work shifts and days off.
Cons
constantly wanting more than most people can do on a daily basis.
Great job but probably better for retirees or people who have a business on the side where they can make their own hours
Ready Reserve Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
I love this company, but it forces me to work other irregular jobs just to keep this job so that I will have flight benefits which in the long run does not add up to having health insurance and being able to keep a roof over your head. In my situation having just an apartment by yourself is completely out of the question for how much the apartments cost in this area. You have to have 2+ jobs and a roommate to make it work and it is still barely affordable, under these conditions, to keep this job. It is a family environment type of company but many people still end up quitting because they have to live.
Fun for a short term career or a side job.
Ramp Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
Depending on the city and department the job may or may not be (cool, fun and easy).
Ramp agents have to deal with all sorts of safety hazards from (aircraft jet blast, ground vehicles, weather and toxic fumes). Overall fun and you can network and somewhat easily change departments.
Pros
Flight benefits, schedule flexibility, and Pay depending on department!
Cons
Ramp pay doesn’t Equal to work, management/supervisor more concerned with bonus over your safety.
Fantastic benefits and compensation.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Delta Air Lines. The job was very dynamic and satisfactory. The opportunity to learn the industry and hone new professional skills was very good. The senior leadership was top-notch. The downside was the stability of the work environment. Many lay-offs due to constant business priority changes at the middle-management level. The solution always seemed to be to change out the workforce.
Awful company
Lead Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Bangor,MENovember 11, 2018
I was a ramp agent for DGS for 4 years and a lead ramp agent for 1 year. I loved my job and met some amazing people but can’t live off love. I was getting 12.10 as a lead maxed out and they took leads away and I dropped down to 10.60 the insurance is completely laughable and just really a joke in all honesty. I got fired cause I put the company on blast for being cheap and unfair. The more you know the more the responsibilities with nothing extra. It’s sad that everyone can be replaced at DGS is Delta’s eyes.
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
Pay and health benefits
Do not work at Traverse City
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 9, 2019
very under paid for amount of responsibility. No real management, employees complain a lot, not many people with any idea on what customer service really is. Training from one shift to next is not consistent. Want too many job to overlap so no training from beginning to end on any task assigned. Too much inappropriate behavior and gossip.No employee satisfaction.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
schedule
No review summary
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Delta is an excellent company. I’m not sure why I’m being as to rate my current employer. Anyone who is interested in Delta should contact the appropriate representative for Delta. I only can share with others that I enjoy working for Delta and it is indeed a great company to be employed at. I’m just looking for supplements income, because I have to kids in college and we all know, college is not cheap.
Very exciting place to work lot to learn and many cool people to meet
Ramp Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2018
I have been working at Delta for like 3 years now, it is the best job I have ever had in my life... here at LAX the pay is a little higher then most Delta stations.... lots of room to grow they are always posting different jobs for you to apply to it is easy to move up within the company you just have be willing to learn..... my family gets to fly for free and so do I I have been to places that I never thought I would wind up going to ..places I had only dreamed about as a child... I just wish I had started earlier in life
........ oh and did i mentioned you make good money
Pros
Free flights good pay and lots of cool people to work with
Cons
Need to upgrade faster
Over all good company
RAMP CORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 25, 2018
It is a solid career but it takes to long to top out . Like 8-10 years and that's all you can strive for it seems, it's very hard to move around to different job classification and if you stay long enough to top out you will never advance, because then you will have at least 10 years seniority and will always make same money . Without advancement.
Pros
Good bbenefits
Cons
Takes to long to get bro Topo rate
Tough place to work
Ramp Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2018
A ramp operations agent position can be very rewarding, however, working at GRR is difficult because there is a lack of management in terms of in fighting between the employee's. The moral is low and management seems more concerned with their bottom line than to try and fix employee related issues. Numerous employee's are unhappy and instead of constructive, meaningful ways of positive resolution, issues fester and employee's turn against each other. Staffing logistics are horrible at best, and the status quo makes employee's scratch their heads as to why things are the way they are. If you keep to yourself and work hard, you can survive but being a ready reserve is difficult as your hours will be cut short without any benefits.
Good place to work, even though it was a call center
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2018
You would answer phones and either book or changes flights for people. Sometimes it could be tough because some customers aren't very nice. But for the most part, it was a great place. They had a little store in the call center that you could buy food and drinks at so you could snack on the phones. and you always always had help, no matter the problem, someone could figure it out for you.
Pros
Free flights, great pay, 401k, healthcare
Cons
Call center
fun
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 17, 2018
Delta is known for its legendary, reliable service to its customers, our number one focus is the safety of our passengers while enhancing every aspect of their travel experience. Our award winning employees effectively demonstrate our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Service in every aspect of their work. Working at Delta, you will be central in demonstrating that commitment to our customers by making the travel experience as smooth and pleasant as possible. As a member of our ground crew, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer's baggage and cargo arrives safely and on time; a task that can make a huge difference in the customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success.
Pros
team work
Cons
weather conditions
Delta work review
Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 2, 2018
In delta I learned the most out of any job it was also my first job.

It is honestly the best company I have worked for hands down,
I learned the "Ins" and "outs" of costumer service, and how behind the scene all works, as a cross trained agent I worked on the ramp as well. I like to be vestal in my work, its nice to be needed in more than one aspect of a job.
Pros
free flights and decent pay
Cons
delyaed or canceled flights
Fast-paced Unique Job
Seasonal Below-wing Luggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 16, 2018
I only worked at a station, so we had a little more down time compared to other airports. The way our flights were timed out we would work for about an hour to an hour and a half outside then work on tasks in the office for about an hour to wait for the next flight to come in. It was a interesting combination of outdoor physical labor and indoor office work.
Competitive
Tower Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2018
It's a tough company to move up in. I spent 3 years trying to get full time while having a degree in Aviation Management. They stress safety first and safety sensitive position, but yet you may or may no be making cost of living depending on where you're at within the company. The co-workers are probably the best part, but management rules were all over the place. One manager would say you can do this and the other would say you couldn't.
Pros
Flight benefits, co-workers, several departments
Cons
short breaks, lack of pay
Productive place to work
CARGO AGENT (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 13, 2018
You’ll like the job if you like to work. If you’re lazy then don’t even apply. We work smart, work safe and travel on days off. That is awesome part. I like that there are plenty jobs in different departments. If I wanted to try something new I could transfer, still be a part of the company instead of going to a whole different one.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Starting part time only, difficult to get full time
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2018
The culture at Delta is what drives the success. The internal and external customers share the same value to the enterprise. Recognition is a top priority. The open door policy is not only promoted but a key part of the culture. Our foundation was if we take care of our employees they will take care of our customers.
Pros
The employees. All of them.
Cons
None. In 40 years never had a bad day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.7K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss