Delta Employee Reviews

Found 1,920 reviews matching the search
good place to work
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2017
good place to work relaxed what ever you need to do a job they provided worked with a lot of professional people who did quality work. worked as a contractor did not get total benefits.
fun but i never slept
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  slc and NYCSeptember 24, 2017
Good job if you want to see the world and never sleep,I miss it sometimes. But I do not miss the long hours. Hot airplanes with no working APU in the middle of summer. I consant complaining about miss connections etc. But hey I did it for 20 years, It was fun over all.
Pros
flight benefits all the diet coke you can drink
Cons
long days, medical emergemcies
productive place to work
Senior Reservations and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  MoscowSeptember 23, 2017
good place to work, the cons is working oversees didn't give any career opportunities, which was really bad for a seventeen years service with Delta Airlines
I was very happy working for Delta Airlines!
International & Domestic Reservations (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 22, 2017
I felt blessed to be able to work for Delta Airlines. I started out, by taking a ...temporary parttime job... at $4.50 an hour..............taking a real risk! ..... and... by the end of the 7 weeks of training.... they made me...fulltime... permanent...... and by the time I retired.... I made $47,000 that year. .............. Wow! .......... :)

....but... can't live on "retirement"! .... still have to work! :( lol!

Thanks!
...rose
Pros
Fly Free ..... and had a son in the Air Force!
Cons
sometimes.... kind of stressfull job!.... when we had irregular operations...due to weather etc. *
Great Airline to work for
RESERVATIONS SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Learned the great customer service skills. The Management varied depending on department. The hardest part of the job was finding the best reservations for peak travel periods. The enjoyable was utilizing the travel benefits.
Pros
Flying Delta
Cons
The restrictions applied to working at Miami Airport
Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 21, 2017
it is truly a great company to work for. The management team is easy to talk too. They always will to listen to new ideas. It is a friendly working atmosphere.
Good
Reservation and Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2017
If you can handle stress and being fast-paced all at the same time then you can handle this job. Delta and working for any airline is not for everyone. It is a very stressful job that can lead to medical issues.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Stress
Great people Great career
Premium Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2017
It's a career job. So don't take it if you aren't willing to commit. It's not glamorous. But it can be rewarding, challenging and fun. Must love helping people out of all sorts of situations.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
non rev very stressful. Would rather have free tickets once a year
Exciting work place
Customer Service/ Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Working with Delta you have to have a positive attitude. Dealing with upset passengers can be difficult sometimes but keeping a positive attitude can relieve the passengers. It can be a fast pace work place. Meeting the requirements every day you strive for the best. Having your coworkers motivate you to do better helps me out alot.
Pros
Free flights, meet people from all over the world
Cons
Health benefits, hours
work place
Airport Customer Service, Ramp Operator (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 20, 2017
good work environment. fast past, work life balance, I learned a lot about t my time management. the typical day at work depends on the nature of the weather
Good
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed the work and team all are cooperative and I learned so many new things in my project, all are my team and individual effort in my short term project
Delta
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Nice company to work for however, no your stuff when you work for this company. This company will not give or bend at all when it comes to mistakes. Take my word for it. They will write you up so quick it isn't funny
typical day at work opinions
Airport Customer Service Agent/ALA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
a typical day at work comprised of checking you terminal gate for FOD and all GSE equipment then preparing for you next arrival or departure by checking the cargo loads and marshalling the aircraft into the gate or loading the plane according to the ramp worksheet and marshaling the aircraft after providing the pilot with his weight and data record. the hardest part of the job was loading and unloading an aircraft that has been late to the gate and trying to get it out on time. the enjoyable part was the being outside and and getting planes to different destination on time. the workplace culture is okay meaning start the day how you left it without any injuries
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
sometimes having short turn around times and staffing
Very Stressful work environment in IT
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
The last year has been a year of transition within the Delta IT Team. This transition has been very stressful due to lack of transparency. The Leadership Team doesn't interact much with the folks that are doing the actual work and that causes a disconnect.
Delta
Baggage/ Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day at delta was very fast paced and dangerous if not paying attention. Management was only 50% attentive to the outside hands-on work. I have learned to pay close attention to my work environment and to communicate well with my assigned team. The culture of being in a team made the job an enjoyable experience for day to day assignments. The best part would have to be the acknowledgement of your good work from the customers whether verbal or non- verbal meaning the smile on their faces.
Amazing company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Great culture and amazing people.
Delta knows how to value their people and put them first. I regret to this day leaving them to go to college (irony).
Oh plus there are flight benefits.
Pros
Flight Benefits, great culture, great company
Cons
None.
Not really a good place to work if you have a family however it's great if your in college
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2017
I wouldn't advise anyone who has a family to work for this company unless you have a second job. However you do you learn about teamwork, leadership, time management, how to handle situations under pressure.
Pros
Free Flight Benifits
Cons
No Benifits, No advancments, Not enough hours, etc
Employment
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2017
I was a pilot at Northwest and was blended in to Delta at there mergers.
Unfortunately I was there almost a year and then reached retirement age due to FAA rules. I would have liked to continue at Delta .
Pros
Pay and flying
Cons
Communiting and seniority
Love This Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Delta is an excellent place to work. The managers are very helpful. The supervisors are very knowledgeable. The passengers you help every day for the most part are very nice people.
Pros
Great Fun
Cons
Stressful during the holidays
great
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 14, 2017
I loved the opportunity to do so many different things. I enjoyed the benefits of being able to fly with my family whenever I wasn't working, I enjoyed this job.