Delta Employee Reviews

Found 2,639 reviews matching the search See all 2,911 reviews
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableoisy Workpla
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
High call volume, noisy environment, management is actually nice and works with you. Food is always provided and they take the time for employees to get to know each other by having events such as potlucks and movie nights. You work hard but you play hard also
Fun, great workplace
Below wing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the crews and employees I had the honor of working with. The employees made my day at work a much better time and more enjoyable to be around!
stress-filled fast paced environment
Passenger Service Agent/ Red Coat (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2018
from the time you hit the concourse, it is "off to the races!!"passengers have needs, gates need assistance, your radio has endless calls. Long hours when the weather is unfavorable for travel. Passengers can be very rude and condescending. Multi-task city!
Pros
Great co-workjers
Cons
some incompetant managers, customers can be very disrespectful
Good place to gain experience.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2018
Multi fleet Airline with tons of work to always stay busy. Never a dull day for sure. Lots of room for advancement and training. Flight benefits always a plus.
Pros
Hi exposure to Aircraft Maintenance. Good resume builder.
Cons
Stress full and rigorous at times.
Delta Air Lines
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 13, 2018
Overall I have had a very positive experience working for delta air lines. The only thing is the ready reserve program does not allow insurance. That needs to change.
busy and slow
Sales and Service Agent, Sioux City, IA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
when it is slow you can usually take pto. advice from managers daily. blah blah blah blah. i dont want to add any more information. I guess you have to have at least 150 minimum words.
Very stressful, fast paced environment.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2018
Taking back to back calls from customers and front line agents.
Computing fares and refunds.
Making decisions on how to help the customer and follow policies
and procedures for the company.
Knowing and following FAA regulations.
Time management is key in any call center environment.
This is a tough and at the same time, easy job. It is mentally straining, but the benefits are amazing.
Pros
Profit Sharing / Standardized Pay / Merit rewards
Cons
Strict unbend-able policies, No contact with Management unless you are in trouble, There is not much trust in management as they have no time for your concerns
Grest benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
great benefits, great culture, fun and exciting environment , traveled lots of places using my flight benefits. There is some flexibility with your schedule
large company
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2018
I was very excited to work for Delta, but the Internship program was not very developed. Did not feel valued and felt and overworked at times. I believe that the internship program will continue to improve, as my colleagues and I were some of the first.
Airline Career Outsourced
Customer Service Agent / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 11, 2018
The airline industry is not what it once used to be. Job security is only moments away from outsourcing to another company at the rate of minimum wage that they trust to work around multi-million dollar aircraft and equipment. Once upon a time there was not even such a thing as a part-time employee. All of that changed. Unions did not protect our jobs in 69 cities that got outsourced and there was no guarantee that it would not happen again to a city that you might relocate in order to keep your job. This is why I left the industry at the time. Delta seems to be very stable now even though they were still under bankruptcy protection yet allowed to by NWA which was already out of bankruptcy at the time. How the Justice Department allowed that to happen is beyond belief.
Pros
Free Airline travel and benefits
Cons
Fast paced and unpredictable
wish I had a choice
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
Delta it self good company to work fr DGS is the worst be careful who you trust. Management has a core value of 0 its just a group of friends running a company and most dont care about anyone but them self, like i said Delta is good company Delta Global not so much
Pros
Travel, the people you work with
Cons
management
The worst
FLIGHT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Management is toxic, but the employee makes the company. New applicants will be forced on probation for 6 months. You cannot call in sick, cannot have bad letters from employees or guests and you cannot speak of UNION activities at all. You will work on old, reconfigured aircraft in all kinds of harsh weather, exposed to disease, fumes and unruly and unappreciative, conniving employees and passengers. I would highly recommend another airline and stay clear of this atrocious company.
Pros
Layovers and eventually the pay rate.
Cons
Anti-Union, shell game wages and benefits, and conniving managers.
re
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  customer service agentJuly 10, 2018
it's a excellent company however, managers are not playing by the rules. favoritize some workers and other are getting mistreated. they create insidents and some of them take it too personal. they should give everyone an opportunity to grow within the company.
Pros
great company
Cons
managers favoritize
Delta Global Staffing is not like regurlar Delta but gives you airline experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Overall good place to learn the basics of the airline industry. Training is a bit much to be desired. When hired new employees should get basics the first week, then go away for training, then come back to finalize training. Training should not be haphazrd
Pros
loved the challenges of learhing the airline industry
Cons
supervisors need to be educated above the 12th grade
Delta is a great place of work
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 9, 2018
I plan on making a great career with Delta Airlines and I love my crew members. It has been an amazing experience in 1 year and 4 months that i have been with the company.
Pros
Discounts with other companies
Cons
Part-time employees do not get medical benefits
Delta is a great place to work and the rewards are numerous
GSE/ Facilities Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2018
Delta has a very professional work environment. Management takes their job very seriously and are always willing to help others however they can. As a company Delta takes care of their employees but in return they expect and usually are successful in getting the very best from them. Safety is the top priority with this company with continuous improvement coming in close behind. This company knows that the employees are what makes the difference and does not hesitate to reach them at all levels for their feedback. In return Delta is very generous in rewarding employees for great ideas.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement, good pay and benefits, great people at all levels. would highly recommend working for this company.
Cons
Had to relocate.
Micro managed to death no work life balance
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2018
Currently into three months of a six month training/probation you are micromanaged every minute of your day, treated like a child, and no vacation until after one year. Management quick to write you up even if you are one minute late no work/life balance at all. The expectiobs at Delta are not reasonable and if I knew I would not have accepted the position. The positive is travel benefits kicks in after 39 days but pay is low at first.
Pros
Travel perks
Cons
Micro managed every minute of your day, management quick to write you up, you are treated like a child, horrible hours work holidays and weekends. Pay is low.
Oppournities to grow
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
Delta is a great company to growth and become a success. Very fortunate to work in such an environment where the culture, benefits pay and people where all amazing to work with
Awesome place to work for the most part
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJuly 8, 2018
I ended up leaving the last week of training. One of the floor supports that my class had, made me feel horrible about myself and made feel bad about asking questions so i felt like i didn't what i was doing after he joined the class.
I couldn't handle being on the phone and sitting all day.
Overall, the pay was good and they had awesome benefits plus the free flying. Wish i liked working there for those reasons.
Pros
Free flying
Cons
Some of the employees
Great Place to Work
Ticket Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2018
Well it is very fun working around the airplane. As to my position it is not stressful as the manager are not overshadowing you. As long you come to work on time and are where you are where you are suppose to be everything will be fine.
Pros
free flight
Cons
physical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.5K

Diversity score

78out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Delta.

Powered by Comparably