Delta Employee Reviews

Found 2,890 reviews matching the search See all 3,177 reviews
Fantastic benefits and compensation.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Delta Air Lines. The job was very dynamic and satisfactory. The opportunity to learn the industry and hone new professional skills was very good. The senior leadership was top-notch. The downside was the stability of the work environment. Many lay-offs due to constant business priority changes at the middle-management level. The solution always seemed to be to change out the workforce.
Great place to work and the pay is good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2018
It varied daily,I learned how to be flexible and work with many as a team.Management sometimes varied some good and some not so good.It was a great workplace.Trying to perform the job with always constantly changing perimeters and increasing the Stats for reservation ticket sales.I didn't like the on the phone name calling to me of the customers for not being able to always get what they wanted ex:lowest fare,aisle seat, window seat, leave earlier,leave later and etc.)
Pros
free parking, pay, benefits, vacation days, PTO and work shifts and days off.
Cons
constantly wanting more than most people can do on a daily basis.
Great Internship
Co-op Intern (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 15, 2018
Excellent place to work with great benefits and opportunity to take charge of different projects. The work is extremely self guided and managers will listen to you and implement your ideas.
N/a
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
Good company, but needs better management and better hours for new employees.
Great company, depending on your position, you will be extremely stressed and that can affect your health, life etc
Great job but probably better for retirees or people who have a business on the side where they can make their own hours
Ready Reserve Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
I love this company, but it forces me to work other irregular jobs just to keep this job so that I will have flight benefits which in the long run does not add up to having health insurance and being able to keep a roof over your head. In my situation having just an apartment by yourself is completely out of the question for how much the apartments cost in this area. You have to have 2+ jobs and a roommate to make it work and it is still barely affordable, under these conditions, to keep this job. It is a family environment type of company but many people still end up quitting because they have to live.
Fast-paced and competitive
Cabin Service Agent & Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2018
International airport culture creates a fast-paced environment in order to reach expectations of flights and employers. Competitive to get employed due to the benefits they offer to employees.
People were always on the go
Ticketing agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 13, 2018
We had fun, traveled a lot but worked a lot as well, downside is that I missed many family reunions, many holidays, birthdays, once you have babies your world changes and I had to relocate to WAS anyways.
Pros
Free travel, paid airport taxes, discounted hotels
Cons
Sleep at airports waiting for stanby flights
Productive place to work
CARGO AGENT (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WANovember 13, 2018
You’ll like the job if you like to work. If you’re lazy then don’t even apply. We work smart, work safe and travel on days off. That is awesome part. I like that there are plenty jobs in different departments. If I wanted to try something new I could transfer, still be a part of the company instead of going to a whole different one.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Starting part time only, difficult to get full time
Fun for a short term career or a side job.
Ramp Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
Depending on the city and department the job may or may not be (cool, fun and easy).
Ramp agents have to deal with all sorts of safety hazards from (aircraft jet blast, ground vehicles, weather and toxic fumes). Overall fun and you can network and somewhat easily change departments.
Pros
Flight benefits, schedule flexibility, and Pay depending on department!
Cons
Ramp pay doesn’t Equal to work, management/supervisor more concerned with bonus over your safety.
work day
Facilities Maintenance (Lead) (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 12, 2018
I was a Facilities maintenance mechanic for Northwest Airlines. My days usually consisted of working on building equipment and assigning work to the personnel that work for me.
Pros
work
Cons
managemnet
Fun and rewarding
Ldd (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2018
A fun place to work.. When you combine it with the benefits that you get it is tough to beat. Management can be better but the industry moves so quick they are constantly bringing new management up.
Benefits
Cons
Not a set off time.
great place to work
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 12, 2018
Great place to work, where employees are treated kindly and advancement is encouraged. Benefits are amazing and the work environment is great. Its more like a family atmosphere.
Lots of travel
Flight Attendant- Domestic and International (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
So much traveling required. Poor work life balance but amazing benefits. Fly for free parents fly for free and kids. Great maternity leave and can work with living anywhere you want.
Impossible full time hours
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 11, 2018
Delta stacks shifts so that it is nearly impossible to get full time hours or overtime. Supervisors will try and find any person to blame for a short coming as a team.
Awful company
Lead Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Bangor,MENovember 11, 2018
I was a ramp agent for DGS for 4 years and a lead ramp agent for 1 year. I loved my job and met some amazing people but can’t live off love. I was getting 12.10 as a lead maxed out and they took leads away and I dropped down to 10.60 the insurance is completely laughable and just really a joke in all honesty. I got fired cause I put the company on blast for being cheap and unfair. The more you know the more the responsibilities with nothing extra. It’s sad that everyone can be replaced at DGS is Delta’s eyes.
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
Pay and health benefits
room for advancement
Cutomer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2018
Do more with less has become the normal now. You can make good money but you will work for it. High stress from management. Work in ramp operations you will be exposed to all weather be prepared.
Such a fun job!
Aircraft Loadmaster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Delta is the place to be in the airline industry, great people, good hours, good job advancement. I could write a 10 page essay of how great Delta is. And such great job satisfaction too.
Pros
Great business model, great company
Cons
Hard to get full time
Great company to work for
Sr. Omnichannel Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Loved every moment working for the company. The work environment, the people, the opportunities were all incredible. Definitely recommended work here.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Opportunities to grow
Cons
Great Job for somebody who likes to travel
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 8, 2018
I was young when I worked here. I loved it at first but after the events on September 11th 2001 I had a hard time and took a leave. Then when I came back it was never the same for me. I did love the work but I kept flying and doing a great job at it while getting my New York Real Estate License and moved on from there.
Supply Attendant -Warehouse Nightmare
Supply Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
The warehouse environment here is nothing you would ever want to get used to. A lot of the people here take advantage of the opportunity and privilege they have working for Delta. The people that work hard get taken advantage of and are over worked, because they allow employees to verbally state and act out that they aren’t going to do a specific task simply because they don’t like it. The employees here do whatever they want and if they don’t want to do any work they won’t. Lazy is a understatement. It’s a great entry level job to get your foot in the door; however if you have experience in finances, IT, analyst, project management do your 6 months and move the he!! on. Don’t get caught in the dream of becoming a LEAD or Logistic Attendant or Logistic Attendant Trainer, because the majority of them don’t appreciate the $24-$30 dollars an hour plus paid overtime that they are getting either. People here abuse and disrespect Delta and all of the wonderful benefits that it offers it’s employees. They make and treat the DGS Contractors like they are unworthy. You would think working in a warehouse environment for Delta Air Lines would be different than other companies. Sorry it’s even more disappointing simply because it’s Delta Air Lines. I love Delta Air Lines and all of the wonderful things that they do, especially when it comes to supporting and giving back to the local communities. The health and flight benefits is one of the most amazing things a company could offer its employees. I KNOW I will land my dream job here at the company.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Lazy employees, High turn over management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Delta.

Powered by Comparably