Delta Employee Reviews

Found 3,023 reviews matching the search See all 3,320 reviews
The life of a Delta Ramp Agent
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30354January 21, 2019
Most days I move luggage for Point A to B
I learned to use the mental toughness I developed from the military days
The minor management roles I played were very interesting with the need for creating thinking
The work place culture is very family oriented.
The most difficult part of the jobs was working during the rainy and cold days.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be successful in keeping the customers bag on the same plane as the customer.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Bad weather
Great company, but needs to change
Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2019
Great company yet the culture needs to change. They value shareholders over their employees. Also, they are mainly bringing on contractors from offshores rather than hiring employees or contractors in the US. Which is not only hurting the company and making the lives of current employees harder since they have to pick up the slack from offshore contractors, but none of this matters to the higher ups since it saves the company money and keeps shareholders "happy".
Pros
good pay, flight benefits, and free lunches
Cons
too many to list
Amazing place to work
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I absolutely love working for Delta! They treat you like family and they help you with any questions or concerns! The flight benefits are awesome! When you get Delta swag for free that’s my favorite!!! You can also engage in so many wonderful opportunities to give back to the community whether it’s where you live or another location!!!!
Pros
Benefits, Environment, Advancement opportunities, Volunteer engagement opportunities
Cons
Working with public so occasionally have to deal with rude people but not a big deal
Technical and team work
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles International Airport, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Working for Delta was exciting I learned how to lead by example, shadowing team leaders that would guide me to do my job and safely. Working below wing as a ramp agent I was able to work with different types of Aircraft from 777-737etc. Delta leaders would host events for delta workers and celebrate events. Management held a clear standard on working safety, the culture was great. I enjoyed my time at Delta airlines.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Physical work
High energy work environment
TICKETING/BOARDING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 25, 2019
I collected fares and other fees from passengers, checked their luggage into their flight, verified their identification, escorted certain passengers through security and escorted famous passengers to the
VIP Lounge.

I also rebooked passengers when necessary, greeted passengers arriving at the gate and directed them to the luggage claim area.
Pros
Flying free on standby
Cons
Being on standby and working every weekend
stressful
International Sales and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2019
Dealing with weather pattern issues, and very upset customers when God decides to get Mother Earth involved. Delta is not responsible to pay for hotels when it is delayed from an act of God. Expect to be on time, all of the time. As it should be! You get breaks, lunch and a little personal time to incidentals. The training is fantastic! Expect to learn as much in 4 weeks as you would going to a University for a full term.
Great Place to Work
Performance Manager Delta Air Lines (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Excellent company to work for. Had a great career at Delta in sales and in management. Delta gave training in all areas, included managers and front line in decisions.
A typical day would be saying hello to my reps, letting them know I’m here; then go to my office and began to read emails and run reports on team. I always had an open door policy,
The most enjoying part was the employee and helping them with their job, every day life, letting them know I care and proving it:
What I hated the most was the 1 hour and 30 min drive to and from DFW,
I learned so much from Delta in coaching and counseling, volunteering.
February 14 of most years we celebrated Profit Sharing
Pros
People oriented
Cons
Long drive for me and long days
fun active place to work
Gate Agent/International Customs Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2019
the days went fast paced because LAX airport was a busy airport. So it was an adrenaline rush every day rushing from one gate to the next to process the flight. It was fun if you like that kind of thing. It also was fun to activate the jetbrige up to the airplanes when they pull up to the gate. I enjoyed the job but the pay was not competitive at the time
Pros
discount/free travel flights
Cons
non-competitive pay
Horrible place to work! Great company as far as diversity goes.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2019
I did not mind the work at delta. I usually got along with the passengers that I spoke to on the phone. I provided them with knowledge and the best customer service, even when problems existed. I did not like how I was micro managed on a regular basis. I do not think that they believe in positive reinforcement. We had to pay for everything! including purchasing tickets for our own Christmas parties. I had to bid on shifts that were based on seniority every 3 months. Days off and start and end times changed every time a shift bid changed. It did not matter if it worked for you or not. I learned more geography then I have known before.
Pros
Pay and profit sharing.
Cons
shift bids, micro managing, seniority based shifts.
Positive experience with great culture
Senior Analyst - IFS Operations & Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
Personally during my time I've had a positive experience. Work has never been too stressful, and the culture as always been easy going. The benefits have allowed me to travel the world and meet a lot of new people as well.

Leadership has always been flexible and willing to assist with any workplace issues and/or responsibilities. .
Pros
travel benefits, culture
Cons
salary
Great company to work for. Flexibility and opportunities to tranfer are a plus.
Customer Service Supervisor, Call Center (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2019
Working in the Airline Industry has given my family and I the opportunity to visit family and friends all over the world. As a customer experience Supervisor, I've been able to listen and connect with customers and ultimately meet their needs. Customer resolution and retention were my main goals.
Pros
Flight benefits
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
I would have worked there for free if I didn't have bills to pay. If 9/11 did not happen I would still be there. They pushed the employees to learn, follow specs and treated their people great. The only reason I gave it 1 star in Job Security is...well I got laid off and had to find another place to work.
Pros
Environment, big company that feels like a Mom & Pop
Cons
Got laid off due to repercussions from 9/11
Do not work at Traverse City
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 9, 2019
very under paid for amount of responsibility. No real management, employees complain a lot, not many people with any idea on what customer service really is. Training from one shift to next is not consistent. Want too many job to overlap so no training from beginning to end on any task assigned. Too much inappropriate behavior and gossip.No employee satisfaction.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
schedule
Delta bid a great company overall; However some of the stations(airports) are manage differently , and in my opinion undermines Delta's great culture
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2019
Delta Air Lines provided me a great foundation to build wealth and establish a work history. I enjoyed my time with the company. They afforded me the opportunity to travel the world!Delta is a great company and highly recommend them as an employer!
Enjoy working for a company that cares about their employees
Travelliance-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
The hardest part of my job is when the weather is bad across the country and we go in to what we call IROP (Irregular operations). This is when things get really hectic and chaotic. Mainly making sure that Crews are placed in hotels appropriate hotels and that they have transportation to and from the Airport.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my Team. They come in and do their job with minimal supervision and they make coming in to work worth it,
productive some fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2018
clock in wait for supervisor to do the briefing, receive what area you'll work that day. I learned how to drive the ramp vehicles. management is considerate.The work place culture is Fair. There is no hard part about this job.what I feel is enjoyable about this job is the employees get along.
Pros
fun sometimes and nice employees as well as management.
Cons
when the weather change, it may be very hot or very cold depending on where you're working.
No review summary
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Delta is an excellent company. I’m not sure why I’m being as to rate my current employer. Anyone who is interested in Delta should contact the appropriate representative for Delta. I only can share with others that I enjoy working for Delta and it is indeed a great company to be employed at. I’m just looking for supplements income, because I have to kids in college and we all know, college is not cheap.
Great place to work and the pay is good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2018
It varied daily,I learned how to be flexible and work with many as a team.Management sometimes varied some good and some not so good.It was a great workplace.Trying to perform the job with always constantly changing perimeters and increasing the Stats for reservation ticket sales.I didn't like the on the phone name calling to me of the customers for not being able to always get what they wanted ex:lowest fare,aisle seat, window seat, leave earlier,leave later and etc.)
Pros
free parking, pay, benefits, vacation days, PTO and work shifts and days off.
Cons
constantly wanting more than most people can do on a daily basis.
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2018
The culture at Delta is what drives the success. The internal and external customers share the same value to the enterprise. Recognition is a top priority. The open door policy is not only promoted but a key part of the culture. Our foundation was if we take care of our employees they will take care of our customers.
Pros
The employees. All of them.
Cons
None. In 40 years never had a bad day.
Fantastic benefits and compensation.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Delta Air Lines. The job was very dynamic and satisfactory. The opportunity to learn the industry and hone new professional skills was very good. The senior leadership was top-notch. The downside was the stability of the work environment. Many lay-offs due to constant business priority changes at the middle-management level. The solution always seemed to be to change out the workforce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Delta. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.7K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Delta.

Powered by Comparably