Deltacom

Deltacom Employee Reviews

Deltacom insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Work place is good and staff is cooperative but you receive stress from the management to complete targeted sales that sometimes demotivates you.

I learnt many things while working here. I worked as a telly marketer and my work was to sell their packages to the UAE customers. As the work was same throughout the day that made me felt bore and my throat also affected due to speaking the whole day. So, I left the job and the management didn't pay my salary, though I closed their 3 confirmed sales. But they had no heart to pay my little amount.

Pros

Free tea, learning environment, friendly staff

Cons

Health affects, stress giving management emotionally embrases you on less sales.

A lot of comaraderie

Intense focus on quotas and sometimes very high pressure tactics from management, to achieve them. Good group of fellow employees to work with. Overall, was a good experience.

Pros

Hours, benefits, pay

Cons

Pressure cooker at times

Loved my job there!

Exciting and fun job. Great place to work before being bought by Windstream. Lots of opportunity for advancement . Management is supportive. OJT alwaya available available.

Pros

Exciting, fast paced work.

Cons

No job security

Great company

Progressive forward thinking. Provided customer service. Great compensation package. Worked to keep all services in house. Great onsite response in time of any issues.

Its an ok place to work

Nice place to work, but customers can get a little irate and you just have to be able to keep a professional attitude and manage the calls as the come.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

nice people,good technology

travel to customer locations installing voice and data circuits and equipment.cut over circuits to customers and helped with any problems.fellow technicians were hard working and helpful.

Pros

great equipment

Cons

dont have any

Great people; Good product

Great people to work with. Terrific, go-getters!, and a good product, BUT tough to sell in rural areas with large area uncovered by product, Wish I had been one one of of the earlier sales executives.

Pros

very little desk time

Cons

Constant cold calls

Customers were the best part of this job

Commission structure kept changing to prevent corporate from paying more than salary. Local technical support was good. Corporate tech support was inadequate.

Loved working here

I loved everything about working for ITC and I hated that I had to move from Columbus and my job. I would have made this a very long career with this company had we not had to relocate.

Pros

Benefits, staff, experience

Cons

Wonderful community. Very supportive and dynamic group of people. Great compensation and flexible work hours. Company is clear on its mission and the solutions delivered are exceptional

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deltacom?

A great place to work

Really gret employee benefits and work place. Employees ar encouraged to take training and go to expertise levels withing their feilds. Overall a great experience.

Very fun positive workplace

I worked at Deltacom for about a year and it was a great place to work and learn. Very positive and fast paced workplace. Training was a way of life.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Travel quarterly

Company no longer exists

This review is pointless since the company was bought out. I can't really review the company that owns them now. So you'll have to find someone else to ask.

Company has gone through a merger. They closed the local office.

Duties included the following: Answered multi-line switchboard for a local telecommunications provider. Directed sales calls, addressed customer service issues and routed customer repair calls. I also assisted in processing new customer orders and maintained inner branch office operations.

Learned a lot

Great management that taught me a lot at a crucial time in my career. Many opportunities to take classes and cross-train with other teams. Re-org led to layoffs.

A day at work

Telecommunications is a cut throat, face paced environment. Sales were key and nothing less than perfection is accepted. I enjoyed visiting clients and working with them to extend their contracts.

Pros

Fun was priority, collaboration.

Cons

Number quotas, high pressure.

No Cohesion between sales and service

Sold many systems and they were not installed properly. After repeated attempts to fix the problem, I determined that there just was no interest in people doing their job installing. Many excuses, reasons - they just did not care at the end of the day.

Pros

Cons

Employees did not care

Good Company

Good company to work for, was there for 6 years and learned a lot and got to advance somewhat, very hands on as far as training which helps you out in the long run.

Company was bought out by Earthlink

Deltacom has been bought out by Earthlink and it was during the downsizing for the transition that my department was slowly dissolved, as Earthlink had their own Credit/Collections department in another state. Before that, it was mostly a fun place, but like any job it can be very demanding and stressful at times. The supervisors and manager were very easy to work with and maintained a true open door policy. An average day was nine hours, with one hour for lunch. It was a rather small department (less than a dozen people) and you quickly become an integral part of a work family. I learned a lot about meeting quotas and corporate financing while working there, from both the customer's perspective as well as the company side. Management was fair and inspiring. The two supervisors would really pep up the team at the beginning of each day and get everyone smiling and laughing. The hardest part of the job was when quotas would get increased and having to deal with small business owners that were struggling to make ends meet. I admit it was heartbreaking. Of course, there were a lot of very nasty clients to deal with, as well, but I developed my own style of meeting those challenges. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I can get along with just about anyone, but with such a small and diverse group you'd be surprised how well we all brought our own flavor to the team.

Pros

workplace culture, excellent benefits

Cons

very stressful at times

not my cup of tea

it started off hard cause it was something new and different for me but got better with time. but not being able to speak my mind to the customers after being degraded was very hard for me

Great times

I really enjoyed my time with Deltacom. I joined the team during a time of growth and advancement was available and there was a great team in place to support you.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deltacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Deltacom