Deltek, Inc.

Deltek, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA51 reviews
Productive Workplace
Good company but like many companies it depends on who your direct manager is. Work life balance is talked about but often does fall to the wayside depending on deliverables.
Enjoyable, calm workplace
A very calm job that offers an introduction into the world of government contracting and client-based work efforts. Management is understanding and very open to listening to and working with their employees. The workplace culture can be very welcoming and helpful, but not very interactive with anyone outside of your respective teams. The pace is relatively relaxing, and there is a huge amount of freedom within the job itself which I found to be the most enjoyable aspect. Overall a nice place to work.
Good place to work. Good people and work culture
For the years I was at Deltek, I enjoyed an exciting job, fantastic coworkers and good work environment. They allow staff to work remotely or in the office.
Overall Summary
Great corporation to be apart of in the Northern Virginia region.

Pros:

- Leadership / Management

- Team Dynamic

- Large Networking / Relationship driven

- Heavy presence in the local communities

- Respected company culture

- Training Opportunies

Cons:

- Management Turnover

- Growth potential
lots of change
as the company was bought ands sold by many investors, the direction was changed. Although we needed change and improvement, there were too many changes at one time. Things seem to have settled down now
Leave a review. Help people like you.
A lot of "Learn as you Go" experience
Compensation is decent, but that depends on your role with the company. You can build some good experience, but the only way to learn is to "learn on the fly" as you're working on a project and there is not a lot of formal training.

The office culture is extremely boring and no one talks to each other. There are rarely opportunities for employees to get together and to get to know each other.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Hard to advance or get promoted
Great Place
An exciting; fast-paced; an interesting company with many outstanding qualities and anyone would love. Deltek is a perfect size — you have international career opportunities, the company continues to grow, and you are surrounded by bright and highly educated people.
Expand my career
Deltek has been a wonderful place to work.
When you work in an environment where only means of conversation is via IM, we value the comradery.

I am looking to expand my career outside at this time and have more personal interaction.
Growing pains, clique culture, average pay.
A mid-large sized company that is growing very fast but operating still as a small company (internal processes are not scale-able). Everyone sits in low cubicles but works in 100 foot invisible silo's. There is a clique culture, just too bad if you do not fit in, some groups seem to be nice though. I had the unpleasant experience of having a boss and not a mentor/leader--maybe HR should provide leadership training to managers.
Pros
Stable company with a niche market
Cons
Growing fast entails growth pains, Current internal processes are not scale-able to where the company is heading, Average pay for the area but benefits could be better
Productive environment with productive workplace
Had to deal with lot of pressure when encountered with production issues. Learned many new tools that would enhance my career. Finished project before deadlines and effectively communicated with team members to achieve goals. The hardest part of job is to deal with production issues. The most enjoyable part of job is team outing.
Gets worse the longer you are there
They say they like promoting within, but unless you are agreeable and available 24/7 and have no work/life balance you won't get promoted. When you are honest and give solutions and timelines, you are blacklisted as having bad behavior because you didn't automatically say yes.

The benefits are great.

Most of my co-workers are great to work with. Just watch out for the cliques.

Pay is average, not even close to top of tier for the jobs we do.
Benefits
Cons
Managers, cliques, no work/life balance, no choice in career path
Great company and great people
Respected company that is great to have on your resume but the people are even better. Everyone wants what is best for the collective good of the company.

Countless amounts of ways that they train you to make yourself better with lots of resources to build your resume.

Not too much pressure to hit your numbers. They will do what they can to help you be as successful as you can be.

Upward mobility is a little over exaggerated which is one thing that turned me away.

Only reason I am leaving is because there is just a better opportunity at another company.
Pros
Culture, Pay, Work-life balance, Great managers
Cons
Ability to move up in the company
Great place to learn, but not grow.
Deltek keeps acquiring new companies rapidly and several departments aren't able to keep up, leading to disgruntled stakeholders. Management is more focused on keeping up appearances than fortifying success within the organization.
Marketing ERP Products
There is no typical day at work for a product marketer. We are able to see and contribute to almost every aspect of the business. We learn new things every day. Traveling into the target markets you serve to meet with customers, prospects, partners and industry pundits to discuss business problems and software solutions to those problems is the most rewarding aspect of the job. The toughest part of the job is resolving creative differences in marketing content.
Great culture, not so great career development opportunities
Great culture and great people to work with. Love it here. The only issue is that there aren't opportunities for career development, from my experience anyway.
Great Job!
Great job, very professional team and environment. Fun and cohesive coworkers. Hard work learning the databases and the behind the screen inter-workings of the CostPoint application.
Pros
Good folks
Cons
Layoffs
ping pong tournaments only plus
THIS PLACE SUCKS. Really should have stayed in school. Oracle would have been better for me. They sometimes have a little party here and there. thats the only pluss
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
terrible heiarchy
Extremely progressive yet professional
The company has done a wonderful job of creating a flat hierarchy and providing many flexible way to encourage collaboration. They also have virtually no dress code, and the staff dresses appropriately and professionally.
Loved working at Deltek from 1986-2000
I worked at Deltek for 14 years. I loved the software and the management. It was a great career for me, as I enjoyed learning and constantly having new responsibilities. The environment allowed for as much growth as an individual was willing to attain.
Leading product in a competitive industry
Great company with good work life balance. Comp is below industry standard. Products are well known in the industry but to many reps limit your territory.
Great company with nice people
Very nice team of engineers...organized and focussed on the work to be delivered. Flexible schedules
Very nice office at Herndon with gym.

Reasonable work load and realistic deadlines
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deltek, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight