Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Administrative Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 28, 2018
Great call center and a wonderful place to grow as a individual. The environment is friendly and you will find that there is individual growth. It’s a great corporation.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not much room for growth
Dependable job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 28, 2018
Call center is very detailed with scheduling. You must be able to work in that environment. The benefits are very good. Various departments to work in.
Relaxed and friendly
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 26, 2018
I worked for Deluxe for about a year and a half. I did not feel a lot of pressure to get everything right, but was thrown pretty quickly into the fire and had to learn a lot on my own. Enjoyed the job, though.
Strategy Role
Technical and Partner Channel Strategist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 26, 2018
Fast paced, schedule and business needs can change daily. Culture is employee focused. People are friendly. Have to be able to adapt to moving projects.
Horrible place to work
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNNovember 20, 2018
Deluxe for the accounts receivable position was horrible. The management team is hands off and does not work towards bettering your career. They offer no training tools, no guidance on your job and when you ask they say wait four months. They take away positively and prefer to have a stressful work place. They never promoted within our department matter of fact people with 10 years of experience would go for positions and never get them. The turn over rate for this department is high and needs to be addressed. 11 people quit in 3 years and of those 11 people most left within 6 months of getting the job. People are unsatisfied when they realize how disorganized this department is and how much chaos there is too. The management team never comes out of their offices and gets into the trenches to see what the issues are. We have requested for them to help for years and never did anyone do something. The moral of the team is very very very low and you can cut the stress with a knife. Yet again management walks down the isles and does nothing to fix it. Deluxe has plenty of work and you are constantly busy. The problem with this kind of busy is that you are over worked and underpaid. They do not give raises that support families nor the economy. Overall I wanted to retire from Deluxe but because of the way management never got involved to see the dysfunction of the department nor hire within I left. It was a sad realization but the best thing for my health; other employees that worked have left for the similar reasons. I do not recommend Deluxe Accounts Receivable to  more... a job for anyone.  less
Pros
The team of people make the department no the leaders
Cons
overworked and under paid
A good place to work if you aren't looking to advance
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 18, 2018
Deluxe is a good company to work for . descent management , great flexible hours, no advancement opportunities , good benefits , paid vacation, close to home .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no advancement opportunities
great company
Senior Lockbox Processing Specialist/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
a great company to work for.Deluxe Corporation has a lot of incentives for the employees. Fun people to work with. Wants to be able to learn different positions and the company.
A so-so place to work
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 8, 2018
A so-so place to work. Company has a micromanagement culture, with a lot of managers who are bad working with people. This was among the worst places I have worked.
Just remember you have NO VALUE
Custom Composition Artist (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAOctober 22, 2018
I loved my job, however it simply is not enough anymore. Management does not value you. They are nothing more than head bobbing, Kool aid drinking, smile in your face phonies. Every day is spent looking over your shoulder as they are actively looking to reprimand their employees and enjoy nothing more than walking you to HR for any reason they can find. Don't trust anyone.
On the "UP" side the benefits & paid time off are good. In fact, anyone still working there will tell you they only stay because of the TIME OFF! What a great reason to stay!
So, if you are willing to check your self esteem at the door each day, this is the place for you! Every move you make is watched, including restroom visits!
Sit up pretty & SMILE! Here's a cookie! Oh, and by the way, you've put on a couple pounds. Your health insurance has noticed! Don't forget to get your mandatory biometric screening!
So give it your all, but remember when you are lying on your deathbed, Deluxe Management will put a rag in your hand and tell you, "As long as you're just laying there, you might as well dust the headboard."
It truly is a sorry existence.
Pros
Benefits & Paid time off
Cons
Micro-managed & continuously spied on
Good place while it lasted
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 21, 2018
Great culture unfortunately there is yearly down sizing. This creates an unknown future. Because of the culture people don't leave so it's hard to get promoted.
Very diverse and friendly work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 13, 2018
Deluxe Corp is a great place to work. Great upper management. Very laid back work enviroment. The training is excellent to get you comfortable with what you're selling. My problem was I didn't genuinenly believe in the product(s) we were selling.
Pros
Very friendly and relaxed work enviroment
Cons
Micromanaged, and priced to high for the products we were being asked to sell.
Productive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJOctober 11, 2018
A typical work day at Deluxe was interesting, new and always kept me on my toes. Each day was a curve ball, there was always a new issue to tackle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great relationships I built with all my clients and working with such a wonderful team.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Workloads were not evenly distributed
N/a
Digital Proofer/Plate Maker (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 10, 2018
Very stressful job. Not good. Would not recommend this place to friends.Too many jobs to do at the same time. Uneducated bosses.Bad hours no overtime.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Management is the worst
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  LewistonOctober 10, 2018
If I could rate management a zero I would. They don't value their employees, just what they can do for them. When sick they make them feel bad for going home. Always hire less than needed to do the job right and when there is so much that we have to stay late, they ask if you can come in early as well. All effort to improve the way we work is 'tabled' indefinitely.

One of the supervisors day drinks on lunch breaks (has been seen doing so on a couple occasions) and is somehow still there. HR is not even in the building and you have to call or email them to maybe get a response.

All emails to corporate have done nothing to improve the quality of the environment. The main offices sound nice, but the local one is a far fetch from where it needs to be. Would stay away.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Terrible place to work if you are educated, is only good as a stepping stone. Dead end for career advancement.
minion (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 9, 2018
Micro Managed, No down time, always on your case to work faster, quantity not quality. Supervisors treat you like small children. No job advancement. Not exciting at all.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not job advancement, not exciting, low pay if you are a professional
Gets worse by the day
Composition Artist (Current Employee) –  Groton, MAOctober 8, 2018
Constant changes and layer upon layer of stifling policies are being micromanaged by team leaders who do not lead by example. New requirements for everyone to be a phone rep without any increase in pay when others have been getting paid extra for years to be on the phone. Anything less then 92% "adherence" to being ready to receive calls is unacceptable and will be addressed weekly and in your review. Team leads don't care about any problems you have in meeting this goal because you can tell them but then still hear about it a week later. If you miss a call you get a condescending email from your team lead on ways to avoid this. Coworkers have been put on probation for missing a couple calls in a month so they use fear management tactics to get people to bend. Team leads don't adhere to a phone and I constantly see them taking long lunches and extended breaks. Their cowardice to refuse to talk to irate customers who ask for a manager is another red flag. Instead they've instructed us to send them to lower paid help desk reps with no authority. Starting this year the new manager told us "performance", a.k.a. oph or orders per hour, will be 90% of our merit review and that they no longer care about quality. Easy to say when you don't have to answer the phone.
Pros
No weekends. Retiring CEO kept us afloat for past 12 years.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Company downsized
Several Positions (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2018
unable to review due to many years having passed since having worked there. Great company to work for. Treated me great. Loved the company, loved the job. Loved the people.
dying company
Outbound Sales Specialist/Peer Court (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNSeptember 30, 2018
layoffs every six weeks. you never know who will be next. super competitive but no chance for advancement. more than one manager was encouraged to treat employees poorly only to be fired years later when lawsuits got brought up.
No room for advancement
ORDER RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Groton, MASeptember 25, 2018
There is zero room to grow withing this company. If you prove yourself able they will just give you more work to do and you wont be compensated for it. You will be expected to pick up the slack of others, but nothing will be done to discipline those whose slack you are picking up.
Productive and fun place to work
Prepress Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Very good work setting, very fast paced environment with quick turn times. The people are great and they take care of their employees with good benefits.
Pros
Great people, management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Deluxe Corporation.

Powered by Comparably