Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

Very diverse and friendly work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 13, 2018
Deluxe Corp is a great place to work. Great upper management. Very laid back work enviroment. The training is excellent to get you comfortable with what you're selling. My problem was I didn't genuinenly believe in the product(s) we were selling.
Pros
Very friendly and relaxed work enviroment
Cons
Micromanaged, and priced to high for the products we were being asked to sell.
Productive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJOctober 11, 2018
A typical work day at Deluxe was interesting, new and always kept me on my toes. Each day was a curve ball, there was always a new issue to tackle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great relationships I built with all my clients and working with such a wonderful team.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Workloads were not evenly distributed
N/a
Digital Proofer/Plate Maker (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 10, 2018
Very stressful job. Not good. Would not recommend this place to friends.Too many jobs to do at the same time. Uneducated bosses.Bad hours no overtime.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Management is the worst
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  LewistonOctober 10, 2018
If I could rate management a zero I would. They don't value their employees, just what they can do for them. When sick they make them feel bad for going home. Always hire less than needed to do the job right and when there is so much that we have to stay late, they ask if you can come in early as well. All effort to improve the way we work is 'tabled' indefinitely.

One of the supervisors day drinks on lunch breaks (has been seen doing so on a couple occasions) and is somehow still there. HR is not even in the building and you have to call or email them to maybe get a response.

All emails to corporate have done nothing to improve the quality of the environment. The main offices sound nice, but the local one is a far fetch from where it needs to be. Would stay away.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Terrible place to work if you are educated, is only good as a stepping stone. Dead end for career advancement.
minion (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 9, 2018
Micro Managed, No down time, always on your case to work faster, quantity not quality. Supervisors treat you like small children. No job advancement. Not exciting at all.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not job advancement, not exciting, low pay if you are a professional
Gets worse by the day
Composition Artist (Current Employee) –  Groton, MAOctober 8, 2018
Constant changes and layer upon layer of stifling policies are being micromanaged by team leaders who do not lead by example. New requirements for everyone to be a phone rep without any increase in pay when others have been getting paid extra for years to be on the phone. Anything less then 92% "adherence" to being ready to receive calls is unacceptable and will be addressed weekly and in your review. Team leads don't care about any problems you have in meeting this goal because you can tell them but then still hear about it a week later. If you miss a call you get a condescending email from your team lead on ways to avoid this. Coworkers have been put on probation for missing a couple calls in a month so they use fear management tactics to get people to bend. Team leads don't adhere to a phone and I constantly see them taking long lunches and extended breaks. Their cowardice to refuse to talk to irate customers who ask for a manager is another red flag. Instead they've instructed us to send them to lower paid help desk reps with no authority. Starting this year the new manager told us "performance", a.k.a. oph or orders per hour, will be 90% of our merit review and that they no longer care about quality. Easy to say when you don't have to answer the phone.
Pros
No weekends. Retiring CEO kept us afloat for past 12 years.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Company downsized
Several Positions (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2018
unable to review due to many years having passed since having worked there. Great company to work for. Treated me great. Loved the company, loved the job. Loved the people.
dying company
Outbound Sales Specialist/Peer Court (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNSeptember 30, 2018
layoffs every six weeks. you never know who will be next. super competitive but no chance for advancement. more than one manager was encouraged to treat employees poorly only to be fired years later when lawsuits got brought up.
No room for advancement
ORDER RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Groton, MASeptember 25, 2018
There is zero room to grow withing this company. If you prove yourself able they will just give you more work to do and you wont be compensated for it. You will be expected to pick up the slack of others, but nothing will be done to discipline those whose slack you are picking up.
Productive and fun place to work
Prepress Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Very good work setting, very fast paced environment with quick turn times. The people are great and they take care of their employees with good benefits.
Pros
Great people, management
Deluxe IT Analyst
Technical Support Analyst / Sales (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 20, 2018
Deluxe is a great place to work. People are friendly and helpful, it has a family feel to it. The cons though would be advancement and management. There was really opportunity for me to advance. Forcing me to leave the company.
Fun work, generally consistent, but don't expect to make a lot of money
Contract Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 19, 2018
Remote contract writing position. Allows for flexible schedule, however, can be inconsistent with few opportunities for higher-level writing projects, and that requires completing a large number of writing projects consistently every day to earn a living. In the past, pay was consistent, through PayPal, but then the company changed over to direct deposit to bank accounts. It takes twice as long to get paid, and it tends to be inconsistent as to the day your pay is processed, and when funds get to your account.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lower level, low pay writing projects
bad job
ONLINE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 14, 2018
horrible place to work, they don't give you a raise based on performance, they give you more jobs to do. They play favorites and don't follow corporate rules unless they can benefit from them. The sales aspect is thievery, so your morals will have to be questionable to succeed.
Pros
set schedule, benefits
Cons
everything else
Excellent place to work.
Account Executive / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2018
I was promoted three (3) times in the eleven years that I worked there. My final position was in sales support. I took calls from financial institutions' VPs and resolved whatever problems they had. I learned all about banking processes and how hard copy checks are manufactured and processed. I learned about how banking programs were designed. The workplace culture was very professional and management always celebrated any and all employee successes. I can't say there was a "hard part" to my job. I loved it. The best part of the job was the wonderful co-workers and our business customers. Wonderful people, all.
Pros
My co-workers
Overall great company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 10, 2018
I read previous reviews and some of the things mentioned are true. Management does show favoritism and management is aware of employees not completing assignments. Team manager has his favorites and he does not provide all employees with the same opportunities. I left on my own due to lack of promotion and all of the work being placed on me. The team manager knows employees do not do there work but he does not say anything to them (because he is friends with them). I saw previous reviews about HR, she was always nice to me and others. If you need help she is always there. I have never heard of her having any ISSUES with other associates. When I left she tried to get me to stay always pleasant and approachable.
Cons
Favortism, workload and low merit increase
Watch yourself
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Townsend, MASeptember 8, 2018
Fast paced, ever changing, work flow. It was like a free for all for the press operators to get the easy jobs with large quantities because a lot of your review was based on how much you produced with the least number of errors. Management had not a clue how to control this.
Pros
Lots of free meals
Cons
Cutthroat environment
38 yr employee
Technology Solutions Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Shoreveiw MNSeptember 6, 2018
Deluxe is a good place to work. I had the opportunity to work for over 37 yrs for Deluxe.. I was able to travel to over 28 production plants and meet many wonderful poeple
Pros
nice place to work
Deluxe is alive and well
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNSeptember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed my summer internship at Deluxe. The company might produce checks but they are so much more than that. The people there are wonderful and extremely helpful!
Downhill
Custom Composition Artist (Current Employee) –  Groton, MAAugust 28, 2018
In the past few months, many managers have swapped departments to better advance their own careers. They don't pay you for doing projects on the side, for cross-training or training others, or for going the extra mile beyond anything but the very basics. They recently required everyone to take calls, but aren't paying any more for it (even though the position of proof support has always been a couple dollars more an hour). The managers take advantage of you, blame you/suspend you for their wrongdoings, monitor your Skype conversations, record your screens, don't allow cell phones anywhere visible, and don't care. They treat you like children. The only reason employees work so hard is for their co-workers and supporting them to the best of their abilities.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities that pay more
Overall a great place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNAugust 24, 2018
Overall, Deluxe is a great place to work. The benefits are decent, the time off is great, and the people are intelligent and hard working. There are typically annual layoffs which is a bit worrisome as it pertains to job security, but I enjoyed my tenure at Deluxe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight