Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive company - Opportunity to Grow
Lead Generation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 13, 2018
Overall great company and benefits; Ability to work independently, Clean environment; Resources to learn more about products and services; Layoffs are an unknown.
Fast paced and ever changing
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 30, 2018
Each day is filled with goals to meet, direction to employees. Data provided to make business decisions that will grow financial institutions revenue.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Health insurance on the rise
Former Employee
Press Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with for the most part. But management was sub par. We were given plenty of fun things like holiday dinners, picnics etc. Raises were terrible and it was so easy to have a cross mix. Blue bins were terrible and unsafe. I was hired as a press operator but never worked on a press my entire time working here. The work wasn't difficult just fast paced. Some nights there was no work others so much work you just couldn't do it all or go fast enough. No matter how fast you went it just never seemed good enough. Infact managers were typically insulting and rude despite working you're tail off. Overtime was sometimes required on days off. Benefits were good when I needed time off due to illness I used short term disability and they held my job. After leaving I didnt miss the management but I did miss my co workers. The worst part was only 2-15 minute breaks. The breakrooms take 4 minutes to 5 to walk to so no time to rest. I would work for deluxe again if possible because it wasn't the worst job. I miss the people I worked with.
Pros
Free picnics, holiday meals, holiday pies, gift cards, good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, rude mangement, high turn over, unhappy emplyees
Run. Run away.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJuly 23, 2018
Don’t let the short positive reviews fool you. This company is the worst. Lots of turnover, lots of old legacy tech. It was pretty brutal to go through it for as long as I did.
Pros
I left and got promoted.
Cons
Turnover, lack of quality leadership
Possibly a Short Term Employer
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, ksJuly 21, 2018
Current management lacks knowledge of how to run facility and talk to employees. A revolving door with new employees. Core values expected from employees but management does not comply. Employees are talked down to, if questions are asked managers become defensive and never answer the question. Equality between employees, male and female is greatly lacking. Rules and regulations vary between employees. Procedures change daily. Lack of training on machinery and equipment.
Pros
Free food / cake incentive 😂
Cons
Lack of knowledge with management staff
Hard-working, focused group
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 19, 2018
I was given a big project out of the gate and continuously offered opportunities to cross-train and expand my knowledge base. Fellow employees and team members work hard and support one another in moving a considerable volume of projects through the pipeline.
Pros
Free donuts and bagels
Cons
Sometimes long hours
great company if you work in a corporate office, day to day hourly associates seem to be an after thought
WORKFLOW (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 10, 2018
Slow to implement new technologies, no time to train someone to take some of my work load. As a workflow specialist I was the only working workflow in the building required to work extremely hard to complete daily assignments. The HR rep showing favoritism and making associates responsible for finding out their own benefit info during changes. HR is very unprofessional and speaks to people like they are a waste of her time. Also extremely low merit increases, and a lack of training for new associates making most learn as they go. Also since Deluxe is a publicly traded company there is far more concern with stock holders and keeping them happy versus ensuring a job well done with satisfactory equipment.
Pros
Stock purchase plan, and 401K
Cons
very poor morale and not much done to ensure a job well done
Fun & Challenging
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. A lot of incentives. Chance for advancement. I have reapplied & was hoping to get rehired. I received several certificates for a job well done. Even received a reward for a dessert I made & brought for pot luck.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Non
Decent place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2018
Pretty typical company.
They're an Agile shop so there's all the good and bad with that. More meetings than I care for and the Agile stuff is not people over process.
Office environment is pretty relaxed. It can get a little noisy with everyone mixed together in cubes. Support can sit next to development.
There is at least some travel to client sites. Clients are banks so business casual for travel.
The company doesn't manage client expectations very well and will often bend to their will. This can leave the product teams in a bind when one client nukes a sprint because upper management is afraid to make them mad.
Pros
Free food and drinks, ok but not great pay, relaxed office
Cons
ok but not great pay, very strict office hours, no remote option
fasted paced and always moving
Work flow specialist (Current Employee) –  desplainesJuly 2, 2018
good comfortable environment to work. clean with good people. It can be fasted paced and hectic at times. Have to be able to keep up and hit daily goals.
Can be fun place, but that all depends on your manager
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 30, 2018
Unfortunately, my manager was not one of the good ones. Other than that, though, this could have very easily been a great company to work for. Someday, I'd enjoy having that opportunity again.
good place to work
Marketing Communications Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Deluxe - they were going through a new marketing campaign and had recently downsized. They then brought in a new CEO who again wanted to downsize and I was laid off at that time.
Very rigid culture
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2018
During my time at Deluxe I learned that customer service is subjective. Although there are set guidelines to follow, it is up to the mood of the call reviewer whether or not the call follows guidelines
Decent Job
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 21, 2018
This job was decent but not a place where I would consider for long-term employment or promotion. Management was decent as well.
The compensation was not bad.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Groton, MA 01450June 19, 2018
Great people,great pay. nice work environment. many chanves to promote within compant,. really trske care of employees. great benefits and leaders to guide.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
holiday
A good place to work
Hot Stamp Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 15, 2018
Depending on the season work can be an overload, which calls for mandatory overtime 6 days 10 hour shifts. You receive 2 ten minute breaks, and a thirty minute lunch, You are compensated for breaks, and lunches,
Average company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJune 3, 2018
Corporate cultural could use improvement. Managers are over promoted from within and tend to lack innovation and leadership skills. Deluxe manages to the bottom line, cuts costs to meet OI and please investors, but can’t seem to show real top line growth other than by acquisition or raising prices to make up for shrinking product line sales. Always behind the competition when launching new products or services.
Pros
Pay and benefits are average
Cons
Too slow to invest in technology & operations.
Helpful training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 23, 2018
The training that they provide is very detailed and assurex that you are ready before you start performing the job they hiredyou to do. The people that train are very informed and they make sure you understand.
Pros
Friendly co*workers
Cons
They are very strict on attendance
More than a work place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 18, 2018
Deluxe is the type of Company you work for and never forget. They are fair yet hold you accountable if needed. They are family to most and the greatest employer I ever worked for.
Pros
Everything, Relaxed atmosphere, fair pay, great managers.
Cons
Need more work from home opportunities
Great Benefits
Supply Planner II (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 16, 2018
I worked at Deluxe for over 10 years and loved it. People are great, work is challenging but benefits are awesome. Insurance and PTO are very good compared to most other companies.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight