Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

It's a job in a dying field
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MAFebruary 15, 2019
Not too many current employees were happy with their job. The door was revolving. People did get laid off. Unorganized management because veteran employees were promoted even if they weren't fit for the job. I left on my own eventually, as many do. This info applies to the check printing department of Deluxe. Deluxe has many departments and many buildings.
Cons
short breaks, lay offs
N/a
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 13, 2019
If you are sales driving then this could possible be the job for you the goal is to push a product that I don’t believe they’ve done the ground work on they want you to sell digital checks to companies in little towns who’s banks don’t always accept them. I just believe if this is what is going to keep deluxe in the game they should push harder to introduce this product to clients and customers
Pros
On site vendors. Could win lunch vouchers for snack bar, Pay is good for a job in the antelope valley
Cons
The managers constantly micromanage.
Great company to work for but watch out for yearly layoffs
Lead Graphics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAFebruary 11, 2019
Generally speaking, Deluxe is a great company to work for. The pay is excellent as are the benefits. Management isn't wonderful overall though there are exceptions. Work/life balance could be better though it greatly depends on which manager you work for. The most unfortunate part of working there is the yearly layoffs during the holiday season. You never know when you'll be next!
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
inconsistent management, yearly layoffs
Awful Job
Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 7, 2019
I accepted the position at Deluxe in Lockbox because, well, I needed a paycheck. I regretted it the moment I walked through the door. No consecutive days off, no holidays off (you will be working), very disorganized. Staff is treated like small children that can't be trusted. Stay away unless desperate.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything
Transformational Challenges
Interim Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2019
Deluxe is a company in transition that is trying to find it's identity and reinvogorate it's culture. There are some strong headwinds that it needs to address around creation of a safe space for personal growth and autonomy.
Overall nice place to work
Supervisor, Outsourcing Operations (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 6, 2019
I've worked at Deluxe in Lewiston, ME for over 14 years and have worked my way from a 4 week temporary employee to a supervisor. If you are willing to work hard and put in the effort there is definitely room for career advancement. It is a nice family atmosphere with a lot of employee longevity. There are monthly activities planned for employees such as an ice cream truck, cookie decorating, and Super Bowl parties (yes I said parties with an 'S', the perks of living in New England!). Deluxe offers great benefits and a 401k match. Overall this is a great place to work as long as you are ok with working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fun activities, Great Family Atmospohere
Structured
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 4, 2019
Deluxe had a good workable system that instruction your operation from beginning to end. There were coordinators at all operation when questions did arise that they would resolve.
Management sucks
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2019
Horrible place to work. Management doesn’t care about obstacles that get in your way of achieving stats. They also don’t care about reps having good customer service skills, as long as you lie your butt off to make a sale. Not an honest company that adds things to people’s orders without letting them know just to make more money.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Everything else
company was good as destination rewards
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2019
No Value for real skills. People font care for real skilled people.
No promotions given for the deserved people.
with the merging company, people from original company were not taken seriously
Great place to pick up additional writing work
Contract Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 26, 2019
Topics are generally interesting and they typically have enough work to meet the required quotas. As long as you meet the minimum quotas there are no issues. When you do need to take less as long as you let them know, they're flexible.
Working at Deluxe was depressing
Financial Institution Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 23, 2019
People are always talking back about other employees. There is so much favoritism from management to employees. There is no equal opportunity for growth. Working at Deluxe was not fun, we are taught to lie and up sale poor customers.
Pros
Good pay, Pto, benefits and weekends off.
Cons
No personal growth, no room to move within the company- unless you work there for 30 years.
Production Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2019
Good place to work with full benefits and vacation plan. Fast paced environment with a lot of work hours. Good group of employees who care about what they do.
You're asking me to review a company from 20+ years ago.
Production Lead and Industrial Trainer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 15, 2019
You're asking me to review a company from 20+ years ago. I don't think it is right. I lost my job to technology and the shrinking of the check printing industry. Deluxe gave ma a great job while in college
Pros
people
Cons
it had to end
Deluxe Corporation
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day of Deluxe consisted of answering inbound calls, providing assistance with ordering checks, track shipping and resolve issues related to orders. The management was good. The workplace culture was relaxed. The hardest part of job was selling upgraded shipping. The most enjoyable part of job making sure member was satisfied with their selection.
hard wokers
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2019
ride on the forlift and pick up bring it back and mix it take it to the ppl cooking the cookie dough we work in a warehouse it get in the summer and cold in the winter
Pros
no free lunch bring your own
Cons
30 mins break
productive,energetic peaceful
Changeover(setup), Part of management team(lead) (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 9, 2019
fast pace environment, employees are compassionate integrity and opinion of others.The hardest part about this job is Quality of your work. machinery
Pros
good benefits
Cons
point system
SENIOR SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 6, 2019
Deluxe is a great place to work, but after a while in a sales position I got bored and wanted to move on to try something new. If you are using sales as a stepping stone to get to a different department your team leaders will help you achieve your goal. Most departments require a degree, and that will help you advance. If you do not have a degree the are less opportunities making them harder to come by.
Pros
rewards, team challenges
Cons
repetitive work
Typical call center
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 27, 2018
Checks unlimited is the worst company I've ever worked for. It is all scripted and very unethical. They advertise checks for $5.50 a box (for first time buyers only) but when it's all said and done the average total for 2 boxes of checks with a fully loaded order comes out to get over $45. Fully loaded meaning...asumpted sales, products that are automatically included on every order without the customers knowledge, until the end of the order. The website is the same, with hidden fees and products automatically on the order. The product I have the biggest problem with is the EZ Shield Identity and check fraud protection. This item is automatically included on every order the price is $8 for the identity protection and $2.45 for check fraud protection, for each box. Every day I am refunding customers because this item was on their order without their knowledge and it is very unclear that this is included, but you must pay. The other major problem is if a customer mails in the $5.50 order form from the advertisement and they had ordered before, the company proceeds to fulfill the order no matter what and in mails out the checks. After about a week customers receive an email, phone call and a past due notice saying they owe up to $60-75 more. It's just a very sneaky and dishonest company. Forget making bonus they make incredibly hard.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Deluxe gave me a good start
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  shorview MnDecember 27, 2018
Even though my job was outsourced at Deluxe, it was a great company to work for. they took me in, sent me to school and trained me.
I started out with Deluxe as part time, moved to fulltime computer operations then onto batch jobs scheduling. From there I moved into management and as a assistant manager.
Big Brother is watching
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Groton, MADecember 25, 2018
There is the employee handbook that is written and then there is the unwritten rulebook that the company actually follows.

A meritocracy is word I would never use to describe Deluxe. Advancement is based strictly on if you are friendly with your manager's manager.

They view their employees as commodities meaning that, in their eyes, you are easily replaced and one is no different than another.

They will monitor absolutely all of your online activity and will enforce their rules unevenly based on their personal preference.

The culture here is quite negative and cliquey.
Pros
they will pay you
Cons
no opportunity to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight