Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Employee Reviews

Great but...
Video Editor/Encoding Operator (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJOctober 9, 2018
The people at Deluxe are great to work with. The work is steady most of the time with an occasional uptick in quantity. Learned many new skills working at Deluxe. The only thing about the company is they make some questionable choices.
Pros
People, working environment
Cons
Pay
Good place to start but move on fast
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 20, 2018
No real development here, personally or in a career sense. Your best bet is to learn the trade and move on. This company thinks everyone is replaceable.
Horrible...
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 18, 2018
One of the most poorly managed employers I have ever had, and I consider myself a very dedicated employee. Executives all micro-manage their employees and promote and encourage a "tell on one another" environment amongst employees, causing for a ton of problems. The office setting is awkward and much like a telemarketer setting so it is hard to focus especially with management breathing down your neck every second. Management is not trained to handle problems with employees face to face, if you do anything wrong, it will be a write up, not a conversation.
Pros
Cons
Management practices, Office environment, lack of social culture
Low pay and no career advancement.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2018
The benefits are good. If your looking for a place to work, and do the bare minimum and never get fired. You've found the place. However, if you are hardworking person with ambition you should look elsewhere. Also, pay is horrible and yearly "raises" are a joke.
Account coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 23, 2018
Deluxe was a fun cultured work enviroment. Fast paced, great co workers, fun team building events. Reputable company. Job was very detailed. Must be organized and ready for change at the drop of a hat.
Pros
pay, benefits, co workers, team building, company parties
Cons
managemnet was lacking in their roles as a manager etc. Hours were very long most days.
Productive and lively work place. Family oriented.
EXECUTIVE ASST/PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  149 5th Avenue, New York, NY - 7th FloorJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Deluxe Entertainment immensely. I was sorry they didn't have another position where I was able to be placed to utilize my skillset. However, the Human Resource team was gracious in providing my resume to other Executives for future available positions.
Pros
Very family oriented atmosphere.
Cons
THe commuication between the New York and Los Angeles office can improve.
Best Job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 2, 2018
You work hard at Deluxe, but it is fun and interesting and never boring . You have to work well under pressure and immovable deadlines but if you can cut it you will have a rewarding experience.
a great place to work
Freelance Translator&Subtitle&Dubbing editor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 25, 2018
It is one of my best clients. It is always a pleasure to work for Deluxe because the porject managers and translation coordinators are really helpfull when something urgent needed.
Favoritism at it's finest
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 5, 2018
Hollywood location - poor management from top to bottom. Suggestions are brushed aside for methods that only the ancient folks that have survived there implement. Every employee is on the verge of leaving due to high stress and being severely overworked. Want to advance? Want to learn? Lots of people with Napoleon-complex. If you aren't making the big bucks like the colorists then you aren't s*** to them.

Go work for another post-production company instead where they appreciate hard work. The equivalent of slave labor.
Very detail oriented job
Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2018
Requires you learn the nomenclature for each studio, write project guides, and use several databases in addition to the actual work.

I have learned the art of conforming foreign dubs to match them to picture.

I really like my co-workers there and they pretty much just leave you alone as long as you do the work. You really need to be self-disciplined as no one is watching over you.

Requires a lot of troubleshooting because often the dubs that come in from the studios are older dubs that could have been dubbed via older analog technologies so the sync between the Mx, Sfx, and the Dx can need a lot of reworking..
Pros
Good Pay
They don't care
Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 30, 2018
For as much as this company praises itself with how great it is, they don't care if they let you go. If you are uneducated slow and stupid then you will fit in here perfectly.
Good luck
Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 21, 2018
Slave away and get no respect.
Good luck with that place.
Some of the managers have been working at it for 15 years with 0 benefits and no salary increase from what I was told.
Pros
you get some snacks and drinks free
Cons
Stress overworked no advancement
Fast Paced Post Production Enviornment
Transmissions Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 28, 2018
Okay place to work. Hours suck. No flexibility for personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job is the swag and company gatherings. Overall they are trying to make a positive change to the culture.
Deluxe
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 6, 2018
I just can't believe they have been around 115 years and refuse to invest in a decent finance program very very manual I work harder for less money...but I've learned some things and that's cool but nobody is friendly really they don't have a system or process in place...meetings every single week which for me is disruptive...
Pros
you can learn something here.
Cons
everything else...I can't believe they don't invest in software to work faster and smarter
Good Place to work
Mgr., Pricing & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 1, 2018
typical day at work: includes heavy analysis of operations data, analysis of contracts, and analysis of costs.
You get to learn the post production landscape as well as a birdseye view of the entertainment industry.
One Deluxe Will Never Happen
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Management culture is completely disconnected from the engineering/worker culture. Upper management is mired in politics so much that our regional manager spent all their time deflecting unrealistic goals and expectations from above. Once our regional manager started pushing back, upper management STOPPED COMMUNICATING entirely for two weeks until our regional manager left.
Divisions have poor communication - edicts from on high descend and worker-bees are expected to figure things out with no support, no budget allowance, and no room to make decisions.
Pay is lower than should be - company keeps employees failure-focused so that lower pay is justified.
Environment is cutthroat with no reward.
Messy place
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Horrible work culture in IT Dept, controlled by few old timers who would not see you succeed and they rather see you fail than company succeed. I had never seen HW/SW is such a poor configuration, it is like sweeping the dust under the carpet without fixing the problem. Just don't dare to point the problem!
Pros
free bagels on thursday
Cons
stressful environment
Great Products, challenging environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 2, 2018
Exciting environment to work within due to the tight deadlines and continued growth in workloads, however constant turnover of leadership & lack of collaboration between organizations creates a difficult environment within which to drive business change
Pros
Exciting environment, great work colleagues, challenging deliverables and deadlines
Cons
Lack of collaboration between functions, high turnover of leadership, need to better define & implement strategic actions to align to the corporate vision
Localization Department is a Mess
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 3, 2017
Overall, it’s a great company. I love my coworkers and I’m good at what I do. There’s satisfaction in that. However, I’m significantly underpaid, and they’ve been talking with me about a promotion for several months. I’m left in the dark. I know I’m not the only one experiencing this. Deluxe puts their clients above everything else. If they spent more focus empowering and bettering their employees, the clients’ needs would fall into place. The organization of the localization department is severely lacking. Turnover is incredibly high and ranges across all experience levels; account coordinators, managers, SVP of global sales, and, just recently, the president of localization.
Roll out the red Carpet!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 30, 2017
Greet clients on arrival and provide them with the best Client Services possible. Coffee, latte, espresso, breakfast, lunch & dinner. We pretty much provide anything they ask for well not anything, but its rare we don't meet up to the clients request or expectations. I've learned first and for most how to read our clients and new ones too. Each client is different and special in there own way. It can be challenge! The management is great! They help out and guide us on a daily basis, giving us every detail we need to know to tackle and execute the day. The workplace is full of wonderful people who put together this magic to make the show run each and every day. We take care of our staff too, so they depend on us for support and meals when working long hours and around the clock. The hardest part of the job is having to juggle multiple clients at a time on a daily basis. Getting to know your client, what your clients expects every time they come in through that door. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I made that connection with client and delivered outstanding hospitality and customer service for them, it is truly rewarding!
Pros
Free snacks, drinks and meals when OT is approved
Cons
Location (Not the safest neighborhood in Hollywood)