Deluxe Entertainment Services Group
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Employee Reviews

United States98 reviews

Nobody At the Controls

My experience with Deluxe has been odd. Given how uneven my training was, you're immediately given the sense that everyone is overworked, scattered, and workflows are hastily patched together as staffing hasn't met increased demand of work. It doesn't help that as a new employee half the people you're interacting with are also new, fumbling around in the dark together. That leads to a general feeling of the job stress being manufactured and that there isn't much you can do about it. But hey, the payoff is you can get a salaried job and work 60+ hours a week including weekends, if my boss is anything to go by. Just jump on this runaway train or get pulled under.

Pros

Remote job, people are nice and professional despite the issues

Cons

Little training, poor organization, just ok pay and benefits

amazing

Amazing ppl to work for. they all work together and make you feel like family . They always look out for you and try to get you more work and give you commission

Deluxe Entertainment Services Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Relaxed atmosphere

Job is fast-paced but having experience in the field has helped to adapt. Being a large company means that it goes through restructuring events from time to time. This can often have negative impacts on employees. If an employee goes in knowing that this IS a business, it shouldn't be a problem. Overall, I think management is fair and means well. That said, my experience, for the most part, has been very positive.

Pros

Relaxed, understanding managers/supervisors, remote work available

Cons

Job security can be iffy when restructuring happens

Can be fun at times but no structure in the company; bad pay

If you are desperate for a job then work here. Otherwise I would be patient and look for something else. Working for deluxe can be stressful and not good use of time.

Bad management & poor pay

The pay is ridiculously low, especially since they also understaff with high workloads. Good luck trying to get a pay raise. In over 2 years we’ve only had one 2% increase for everyone and medical benefits costs also rose higher than 2% so it was pointless. When we complained about high workload and no ACTUAL increase, we were told that we were just lucky we have a job.There’s no career development programs or career opportunities. They offer access to LinkedIn learning but we’re all too busy with work to be able to take the time for training.My advice to Deluxe upper management: Look at how other companies treat their employees. Then change everything about how you treat your own employees. Instead of treating us like we’re just a seat-filling worker ant, respect us as people and make us want to come to work, not feel like we have to come to work.

Pros

remote work is available now

Cons

poor management, no opportunity for advancement, low pay, high healthcare premiums, work/life balance is terrible

Terrible work life balance

Exciting to always be working in the movie industry but that’s about it. Expect to work lots of overtime putting in 14+ hour days consecutively and giving up most of your weekends too. It’s a close family once you meet everyone but no one is happy because everyone is overworked and burned out. Management doesn’t take care of their employees only the colorist. They do not promote within unless you have family working there already then you’ll be taken care of. It can be favoritism at its finest!

Pros

Free lunches and dinners

Cons

Poor management & long hours

Loved my co-workers.. Too bad it didn't last..

It was a great place to work until the parent company stripped the guts out of my team. Then it was a struggle to get work done. My team did the best we could with what we had to work with.

Working at Deluxe. Eh..it’s a job

I can’t say much good about this job. Boring repetitive, everyday is the same. A Groundhog’s Day feeling, where everyday is the same day. It’s a livin. There is a bad vibe to the place, people seem closed down and unfriendly. There is a tension there. There are cameras everywhere watching you, the security is intense and it makes me feel like I am a prisoner not a valuable part of a team. The employees have to punch a clock in, at lunch and out, it’s not a true salary but an hourly staff position. I can’t recommend anything about the culture or office. I wish I could say something good. It’s not awful I guess..

Pros

Coffee in kitchen

Cons

Boring repetitive work, underpay in comparison to other employers in LA

Fun to work

Great fun loving people. Free lunch and dinner with free transportation picka and drop facility. Have a great chance to sit and chill with Hollywood movies in imax theatre in company.

Pros

Free cabs, food, work pressure is normal

Cons

Not much learning

Unorganized Management

The management, supervisor, and producers are very unorganized. No one is qualified and all the artists are overworked. Typical vfx studio. Project manager doesn't know what she's doing and micromanages. The best part of the job were working with the other artists. Misery loves company, and we definitely all shared the same feelings. Don't expect to move up, this company doesn't take feedback well and forget about any progress.

Management Promotes who they like

Management was a revolving door, people placed in positions they never should have gotten, based on lack of experience, and it all going to one's head. The hardest part of the job was teaching the manager how to do his/her job

Pros

Paid Holidays

Cons

Inept Management

Good

It was good time at Deluxe. Learning everyday. Good Immediate ManagersGood VP, CFO Strategic Alignment and clear vision and goals. Good Finance Team dynamics.

Expect Change

I had 9 different supervisors in 3 years. I enjoyed all and would work with them again, but see that there are political moves being made well above my pay grade

Roiling sea

Management shakeups occurred so often that no continuity of operations could mature. Outsourcing to India handled in chaotic way. Unable to focus on long term goals while lay offs sapped the institutional memory of how to effectively accomplish clients' needs.

Pros

Many excellent coworkers; dynamic work processes.

Cons

Unrealistic management expectations; lack of loyalty to employees in US.

Large Post Production Company

Leader in post production services. Access to many different facets of the business and many different workings of the industry. This is a great place to get exposure to the industry.

Unsustainable Workflow and Unsupportive Leadership

Company burned out workers and discarded them once done so there are a lot of laid offs and hiring. Recently, a rash of Burbank location get the axe because leadership wanted to save money by having majority of account support personnels to be working from Bangalore, India.

Deluxe Hollywood Way

I’m currently an employee at Deluxe on Hollywood Way. The work is great, the projects I get to work on are all A+ Titles, each day brings new and challenging things to my table. Deluxe has given me the freedom to work and learn new Post Production Workflows.

Culture and employee satisfaction has gone downhill

Ever since they got rid of previous management, employee satisfaction has gone downhill. The CEO has no sense of direction and the toxic culture is off-putting.

Loved until I was let go

I genuinely loved my job here at Deluxe. I was let go without warning, however, and didn't see it coming. Because of this I would say that my viewpoint toward the company is somewhat tainted. I will say that it was a lot of fun and there were a lot of growth opportunities throughout the company and I appreciated that.

Great Job but NOT a Career

I rated this company the way I did because at the beginning this was potentially a great option for a career. But then after a year and a half, it became a job. The pay raise was mandatory to be competitive against their competitors which came to our area within the last two years of my employment. Everyday activities were the same in my department, the environment became toxic by employee attitudes, this was stemmed from the company downsize over the last two years in which the company offshored positions to India. It added stress to the remaining employees, which gave the thought of why work hard when your job could be terminated at a moment's notice. If the company did terminate your position, they would compensate you with pay for time served. Which in most cases was only about months pay. I left my position due to poor management, lack of respect for seniority, and a small case of favoritism. This is not uncommon among most of the departments at this companies facility. They also use and abuse the temp's that come in with no guarantee of full-time employment. So, if you're looking for something to get you through a rough spot in your life, please consider working there but don't stay too long since most of the positions are being terminated soon with the remaining positions going to the employees already working in them.

Flexible Schedule

The most enjoyable part of the job was finding issues that helped perfect the studios projects. The schedules were flexible and management was highly supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss