Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Management reviews

Great place to work when you're starting out... but that's it
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 14, 2019
The higher you are at Deluxe, the more it becomes toxic. Management is scattered and ever-changing, and it's incredibly difficult to keep up with the vacillation of expectations. The culture is work hard, then work more, then work. This is a great company to start out in, to learn the ropes, but not past that.
They don't care
Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 30, 2018
For as much as this company praises itself with how great it is, they don't care if they let you go. If you are uneducated slow and stupid then you will fit in here perfectly.
No ownership
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
Pros:
Flexible hours if you’re within certain divisions.
If you’re afraid of change, and want to do things the old-school way, this is the place for you.
Free food once weekly.
Deluxe offers amazing tools for their consumers. Cool to be a part of that.

Cons:
Some teams/divisions are lazy or they don’t know how to do their jobs/or they don’t want to work. These groups NEVER pull their weight and when things go wrong they go silent.

Technology and process for the majority of the groups is antiquated. They use buzzwords but do not have a solid grasp on the definitions of these buzzwords. (I once inquired...it was very sad).

Overflowing with ‘urgent’ priorities that do make sense.

Poorly managed.

Entitled tech divisions/ poor communication skills.

Prepare to be micromanaged by some group executives who don’t think they’re micromanaging, they “just want to make certain things go exactly as planned.”

If you’re a female, I pitty you. Stay away, It’s a sexist boys club here.

Some division are in at 1030 with an off-site hourly lunch, and out by 430...

Meetings saturated. You’ll have to work off hours to get work done or you won’t have access to meetings on the pieces you’re working on and you have to play telephone to get your job done. I once asked to be included and was told “only key people are invited” or “we don’t need your level in that meeting.”

There isn’t a concept of HR here. Once hired, you’re all alone.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
See above
Okay company
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
just filling in a cubicle at times, upper management had a disconnect with the rest of the employees. Definitely a paid a lot of attention to the "talent"
Horrible...
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 18, 2018
One of the most poorly managed employers I have ever had, and I consider myself a very dedicated employee. Executives all micro-manage their employees and promote and encourage a "tell on one another" environment amongst employees, causing for a ton of problems. The office setting is awkward and much like a telemarketer setting so it is hard to focus especially with management breathing down your neck every second. Management is not trained to handle problems with employees face to face, if you do anything wrong, it will be a write up, not a conversation.
Pros
Cons
Management practices, Office environment, lack of social culture
Soul sucking job on slow burn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 26, 2017
Working at Deluxe has taught me when to say No. Deluxe doesn't recognize the word no, nor do they intend to fix any problem satisfactorily. They will come up with some poor solution and in the long run creates more problems and more work for the 5 people actively working to improve the company. They hire people who don't know what they're doing and they don't receive the proper training to get up to snuff after months, even years. They like to wave promises of promotions and pay raises only for them to come months later, if it ever shows up. The management is so bad the people who nurtured the company for 14 years left due to the atrocious changes in management. Overall, horrible company to work for that's getting worse. Get out while you can or you'll be stuck there thinking that's how you're supposed to be treated at work - it's not.
Pros
Mixers to drown out your sorrows from time to time
Cons
Working on a 24/7 hour timeline
Productive and lively work place. Family oriented.
EXECUTIVE ASST/PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  149 5th Avenue, New York, NY - 7th FloorJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Deluxe Entertainment immensely. I was sorry they didn't have another position where I was able to be placed to utilize my skillset. However, the Human Resource team was gracious in providing my resume to other Executives for future available positions.
Pros
Very family oriented atmosphere.
Cons
THe commuication between the New York and Los Angeles office can improve.
Favoritism at it's finest
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 5, 2018
Hollywood location - poor management from top to bottom. Suggestions are brushed aside for methods that only the ancient folks that have survived there implement. Every employee is on the verge of leaving due to high stress and being severely overworked. Want to advance? Want to learn? Lots of people with Napoleon-complex. If you aren't making the big bucks like the colorists then you aren't s*** to them.

Go work for another post-production company instead where they appreciate hard work. The equivalent of slave labor.
its gotten better but still not a great place to work.
IT (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 20, 2017
Since we have a fairly new CEO and CIO things have changed but this company still needs a lot of work. before last year I had only gotten one pay increase in around 5 years of service.
Job security is based on hoarding knowledge and being buddies with the higher management.
Benefits are OK, Pay is on the very low end, borderline underpaid.
They do not want to provide training to help increase employee knowledge. it appears they view employees as an expense instead of an investment.
Pros
free bagels every Thursday
Cons
bad pay, promotions are based on who you know.
Bad experience overall.
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 10, 2015
I have to give management 1 star for the way I was treated.

Very high turnaround. No room for advancement. Overworked, long hours with little compensation.
Pros
A few nice co-workers, and bagel day.
Cons
Incompetent management that will treat you horribly.
Bad management
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 18, 2017
Fast paced environment with no recognition from management for the work, quick to throw their weight around when they don't like something.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people since there are lots of employees at this company and many personalities.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management is terrible
Very large company that tries to be personable with employees
Digital Content QC (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 7, 2013
I typically spend about 9.5 hours sitting at a desk QCing files and responding to e-mails.

I have learned about the digital assett world by being involved with the QC department as opposed to the tape duplication side of things. I now have a better understanding of file types and what the different types are used for.

I would rather not comment on the management at this company.

My co-workers in the QC department are great. We all communicate with eachother very well and try to work things out and solve problems amongst ourselves which makes our department very efficient.

The hardest part of my job is being able to sit at a desk for several hours looking at computer monitors.

I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is catching a major defect or issue with something that has been passed up by several people and knowing that it was my experience and knowledge that helped me to discover it and not let it get to the client first. Although it goes without acknowledgement most of the time.
Pros
Summer Picnics, Free bagels, dougnuts and coffee. Decent healthcare.
Cons
Very hard to move up into a higher pay grade or get any kind of raise, Management is not good at keeping up with employee reviews.
Dreadful environment
Customer support (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ohioJanuary 11, 2016
The moral is horrible. Management is very secretive and very unappreciative. Most of the good employees were fired during the merger with Technicolor, and the rest left because they couldn't stand to work there one more day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
moral, no advancement opportunities, no rewords, no raises
Productive and fulfilling
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 7, 2016
Great company with good benefits and culture. Work is fast paced and lots of multitasking digital and physical workflows with current season delivery of Television Series for Warner Bros.. Very positive and creative co-workers and management.
One Deluxe Will Never Happen
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Management culture is completely disconnected from the engineering/worker culture. Upper management is mired in politics so much that our regional manager spent all their time deflecting unrealistic goals and expectations from above. Once our regional manager started pushing back, upper management STOPPED COMMUNICATING entirely for two weeks until our regional manager left.
Divisions have poor communication - edicts from on high descend and worker-bees are expected to figure things out with no support, no budget allowance, and no room to make decisions.
Pay is lower than should be - company keeps employees failure-focused so that lower pay is justified.
Environment is cutthroat with no reward.
Great Site
Miss Chocolate the Founder & Owner (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
very Professional
Great way getting a job
Alway nice great place to work or get your music out
Never scam anyone
Always anwesrs your questions
Honest business and Great at what she do.
I recommend anyone to work for this company or to have this company brand their company.
They get the job done. All variety of a brand company brand company TV producer management distribution Distributing A&R four major companies radio host talk show host artist model and actress comedians DJ Etc
Pros
Build your business Make money be successful
Cons
No short breaks marketing promotions
Messy place
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Horrible work culture in IT Dept, controlled by few old timers who would not see you succeed and they rather see you fail than company succeed. I had never seen HW/SW is such a poor configuration, it is like sweeping the dust under the carpet without fixing the problem. Just don't dare to point the problem!
Pros
free bagels on thursday
Cons
stressful environment
Localization Department is a Mess
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 3, 2017
Overall, it’s a great company. I love my coworkers and I’m good at what I do. There’s satisfaction in that. However, I’m significantly underpaid, and they’ve been talking with me about a promotion for several months. I’m left in the dark. I know I’m not the only one experiencing this. Deluxe puts their clients above everything else. If they spent more focus empowering and bettering their employees, the clients’ needs would fall into place. The organization of the localization department is severely lacking. Turnover is incredibly high and ranges across all experience levels; account coordinators, managers, SVP of global sales, and, just recently, the president of localization.
Great Products, challenging environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 2, 2018
Exciting environment to work within due to the tight deadlines and continued growth in workloads, however constant turnover of leadership & lack of collaboration between organizations creates a difficult environment within which to drive business change
Pros
Exciting environment, great work colleagues, challenging deliverables and deadlines
Cons
Lack of collaboration between functions, high turnover of leadership, need to better define & implement strategic actions to align to the corporate vision
Great work atmosphere but disconnected on the micro level.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 8, 2017
Great office space and great people but a little lack of communication from management to the individual teams. I learned a lot about different work flows and developed but communication skills but this is sidelined from how much better the work environment would be if managers listened to their teams concerns more. Deadlines are the hardest part of the job but not hard to overcome. The most enjoyable part of the job is just getting to work with creative people on great content.
Pros
The culture and office space.
Cons
Management and too many changes too suddenly