Deluxe Entertainment Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and lively work place. Family oriented.
EXECUTIVE ASST/PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  149 5th Avenue, New York, NY - 7th FloorJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for Deluxe Entertainment immensely. I was sorry they didn't have another position where I was able to be placed to utilize my skillset. However, the Human Resource team was gracious in providing my resume to other Executives for future available positions.
Pros
Very family oriented atmosphere.
Cons
THe commuication between the New York and Los Angeles office can improve.
a great place to work
Freelance Translator&Subtitle&Dubbing editor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 25, 2018
It is one of my best clients. It is always a pleasure to work for Deluxe because the porject managers and translation coordinators are really helpfull when something urgent needed.
Very detail oriented job
Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2018
Requires you learn the nomenclature for each studio, write project guides, and use several databases in addition to the actual work.

I have learned the art of conforming foreign dubs to match them to picture.

I really like my co-workers there and they pretty much just leave you alone as long as you do the work. You really need to be self-disciplined as no one is watching over you.

Requires a lot of troubleshooting because often the dubs that come in from the studios are older dubs that could have been dubbed via older analog technologies so the sync between the Mx, Sfx, and the Dx can need a lot of reworking..
Pros
Good Pay
They don't care
Video Technician (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 30, 2018
For as much as this company praises itself with how great it is, they don't care if they let you go. If you are uneducated slow and stupid then you will fit in here perfectly.
Fast Paced Post Production Enviornment
Transmissions Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 28, 2018
Okay place to work. Hours suck. No flexibility for personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job is the swag and company gatherings. Overall they are trying to make a positive change to the culture.
Deluxe
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 6, 2018
I just can't believe they have been around 115 years and refuse to invest in a decent finance program very very manual I work harder for less money...but I've learned some things and that's cool but nobody is friendly really they don't have a system or process in place...meetings every single week which for me is disruptive...
Pros
you can learn something here.
Cons
everything else...I can't believe they don't invest in software to work faster and smarter
Good Place to work
Mgr., Pricing & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 1, 2018
typical day at work: includes heavy analysis of operations data, analysis of contracts, and analysis of costs.
You get to learn the post production landscape as well as a birdseye view of the entertainment industry.
Messy place
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Horrible work culture in IT Dept, controlled by few old timers who would not see you succeed and they rather see you fail than company succeed. I had never seen HW/SW is such a poor configuration, it is like sweeping the dust under the carpet without fixing the problem. Just don't dare to point the problem!
Pros
free bagels on thursday
Cons
stressful environment
Localization Department is a Mess
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 3, 2017
Overall, it’s a great company. I love my coworkers and I’m good at what I do. There’s satisfaction in that. However, I’m significantly underpaid, and they’ve been talking with me about a promotion for several months. I’m left in the dark. I know I’m not the only one experiencing this. Deluxe puts their clients above everything else. If they spent more focus empowering and bettering their employees, the clients’ needs would fall into place. The organization of the localization department is severely lacking. Turnover is incredibly high and ranges across all experience levels; account coordinators, managers, SVP of global sales, and, just recently, the president of localization.
Roll out the red Carpet!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 30, 2017
Greet clients on arrival and provide them with the best Client Services possible. Coffee, latte, espresso, breakfast, lunch & dinner. We pretty much provide anything they ask for well not anything, but its rare we don't meet up to the clients request or expectations. I've learned first and for most how to read our clients and new ones too. Each client is different and special in there own way. It can be challenge! The management is great! They help out and guide us on a daily basis, giving us every detail we need to know to tackle and execute the day. The workplace is full of wonderful people who put together this magic to make the show run each and every day. We take care of our staff too, so they depend on us for support and meals when working long hours and around the clock. The hardest part of the job is having to juggle multiple clients at a time on a daily basis. Getting to know your client, what your clients expects every time they come in through that door. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I made that connection with client and delivered outstanding hospitality and customer service for them, it is truly rewarding!
Pros
Free snacks, drinks and meals when OT is approved
Cons
Location (Not the safest neighborhood in Hollywood)
Soul sucking job on slow burn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 26, 2017
Working at Deluxe has taught me when to say No. Deluxe doesn't recognize the word no, nor do they intend to fix any problem satisfactorily. They will come up with some poor solution and in the long run creates more problems and more work for the 5 people actively working to improve the company. They hire people who don't know what they're doing and they don't receive the proper training to get up to snuff after months, even years. They like to wave promises of promotions and pay raises only for them to come months later, if it ever shows up. The management is so bad the people who nurtured the company for 14 years left due to the atrocious changes in management. Overall, horrible company to work for that's getting worse. Get out while you can or you'll be stuck there thinking that's how you're supposed to be treated at work - it's not.
Pros
Mixers to drown out your sorrows from time to time
Cons
Working on a 24/7 hour timeline
You're expected to work around the clock
Localization, Account Manager, CA (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 27, 2017
there is no rest. people take their laptop home. from the bottom of the chain to the top. everyone is working overtime. depending on your client, some could be extremely demanding and will continue to email you after 8 or 9pm and you're expected to answer all emails after hour.
Unique Workplace
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJMay 16, 2017
My time at Deluxe was enjoyable and very easy going. I never felt like I was treated poorly there. I would work there again if i was offered an opportunity. The day would either be quick and easy or slow and boring. It just depended on the work flow and what was needed
Pros
Fun staff, great people, nice work environment
Cons
boring at times
its gotten better but still not a great place to work.
IT (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 20, 2017
Since we have a fairly new CEO and CIO things have changed but this company still needs a lot of work. before last year I had only gotten one pay increase in around 5 years of service.
Job security is based on hoarding knowledge and being buddies with the higher management.
Benefits are OK, Pay is on the very low end, borderline underpaid.
They do not want to provide training to help increase employee knowledge. it appears they view employees as an expense instead of an investment.
Pros
free bagels every Thursday
Cons
bad pay, promotions are based on who you know.
Good place to work, with good people.
Prequal and Encoding Operator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Evaluating various tape elements for encoding. They trained me on encoding with various equipment. Managers are wonderful but you must do your job. They will work with you if you are having difficulties. They are proud of the work they do and continue to strive for excellence. Keeping errors to a minimum. But the people you work with are very helpful and nice. They were flexible with my hours.
Pros
working with good people. Good benefits.
Cons
This industry is in flux and if you are in the wrong department you could be laid off.
lack of management
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  hollywood wayJanuary 30, 2017
the work you do there is not rewarded by anybody.... feels like you are working in a cartel/family business .... the higher ranks bring in their connections and people and whoever is outside of their circle is not welcomed and appreciated
Good Company
Project Specialist Archives (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Enjoyed working with the people at Deluxe Ent.and management was good.
They treated everyone good and every Monday they would treat all the employees with donuts or bagels.
Pros
People were all very good to work for.
Productive and fulfilling
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 7, 2016
Great company with good benefits and culture. Work is fast paced and lots of multitasking digital and physical workflows with current season delivery of Television Series for Warner Bros.. Very positive and creative co-workers and management.
Great starter lily pad job
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2016
Every bad review is probably accurate. I left because I got caught in the night shift matrix, and there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

You have to see it for what it is though and find the silver lining. Deluxe was a great way to network in the movie industry. I had a great team, left with strong colleague relationships and was elevated to a higher level of professionalism than when I came into it. I learned a lot about online streaming which is important in my personal career goals. If you're really proactive and work in accounts, it's an opportunity to build relationships with major studios.

There is a high turn-around. Always a revolving door of people leaving, and I think the company runs in such a way that they don't care, knowing they'll always get new people coming in. If you want lifelong job security, prepare to be frustrated, but many of those people who left went on to better jobs. So join the Deluxe team to gain experience and get a gold star on your resume for the better job that comes after Deluxe.

In that way, it's not terrible for a job of 1-3 years. The benefits are good, free food, relaxed environment and funny fanboys. The pay could be better for the work you do, but it's liveable. Short-term stability if you're tired of background casting.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No job growth
Fun working environment
IT Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 9, 2016
When I worked at Deluxe it was really fun and relax, the management was great with flexible hours and a lot of opportunity for growth.
Pros
free lunch, over time.