Dennen Steel Corporation Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Fast paced enviroment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2018
If you have a skill you will be an asset and will be needed. Ton's of changes in management at this time and a huge focus on overall production output.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Short breaks, Not a ergonomically friendly environment
Stressful
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2018
It's has great people working on the floor but managers are very lazy and the pay could have been better there he department is very helpful but overall is very unorganized
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Management is very lazy and can be mean
nobody ever retires from here
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2017
this position and experience has a special place for me, met and lead by great mentors but when I had the chance to leave for another opportunity I took it.
A good company.
Accounts Receivable/Payable Administrator 2 (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 7, 2014
A good company, but commute was difficult due to 131 city section.
Pros
Can wear jeans to work.
Cons
Difficult commute.
Ok location
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2013
Filling out inspections records and hits per day forms. I learned how to operate a hilo,how to use catapiliers and micrometers. The management was ok for the most part. My co-workers were the typical co-workers,some cool to work with and others that you dont want to be around. The hardest part of job was to correct any and all mistakes that 2nd shift had made and trouble shooting something that I wasnt trained on. I would say the most enjoyable parts of the day was talking to the nice people that I worked with and the end of the day.
very professional
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2012
the management has changed over recently in this company and it is growing and improving everyday.
Pros
lots of work and opportunities
Cons
to lean, not enough man power
I enjoy the chance to to achieve work responsibilities. I find it gradifying to see my work and know im benifiting my company and its goals
Manufacturing Helper (Former Employee) –  Grandrapids michiganApril 16, 2012
A typical day at work for me would be to greet my coworkers with a smile and a welcoming hello. To achieve the days task and help others to met there goals as well.To continue to grow with the company and better understand its vision for success. The hardest part of the job for me would be not completing my daily tasks but its also what motivates me to continue to learn and understand. The most enjoyable part of my job is always succeeding and learning to work smarter at my duties in order to become more efficient.