Dennis Uniform Employee Reviews

Fun and productive with great employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2018
Dennis is a fantastic place to work. The managers are dedicated to making the customers and employees leave with a smile on their face. The training is hands-on and the workplace is comfortable. The hardest part of the job is during the busy season when there are multiple customers to tend to. The most enjoyable is the atmosphere provided by the employers.
Pros
Many times the managers provide snacks or free lunches
Good first job
Embroidery Machine Operator, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2018
Its a good first timer kind of job. Good to experience something new. It can get from slow to fast pace depending on the orders you all get and small or big machine you operate.
Pros
Easy Kind Of Job
Cons
Dennis was a great student job
Retail sales employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2018
I only worked at Dennis for a summer in high school, but I thought it was a great job as a stepping stone into more advanced retail positions. I really enjoyed my time there.
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 5, 2018
Dennis uniforms was a good place to work at while I was there. I had no issues while I was employed there. I only had that job as a source of secondary income.
Good!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Very good environment to work in! Very well established and highly recommend it to high school or college students. Others as well too. Very quiet and peaceful.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 28, 2017
Local company that is nationwide. Smaller office and warehouse all in one. Many people can do multiple jobs and are expected to do many things. Pretty good job who does care about their employees more then others.
Great company with great pacing and a lot of longevity
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 15, 2017
I began working at DENNIS Uniform as a seasonal employee in 2004. Since then I have held ever branch position the company offers, working my way up the corporate ladder. This is not uncommon as we like to promote within the company first before filling a position. The reason I have stuck around for fourteen years is because of all the great people who work here--both locally and at the corporate level, who we communicate with daily. Also, the pacing is actually refreshing. Being a school uniform retail store, we peak in the summer months and the rest of the year it is slower, which allows us to turn our attention to various projects. Current management is fun, light-hearted, and big on games and activities to keep things entertaining, which goes a long way and makes for great days.
Summary
sales-oriented company, demonstrating a talent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2017
A typical day mirrors that of one in a typical retail store. You are expected to organize and manage retail orders, as well as engage and help customers of diverse background.
Great for first job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDNovember 1, 2017
This was a great job, my first job actually. This job taught me discipline, time management, communication skills, and excellent customer service. It is a pretty strict place to work, but it is worth the learning experience.
cant remember a thing about it
Sales & Stock (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 23, 2017
spent a lot of time helping out customers. everyone was involved with every single part of the job. we packed up special orders, restocked everything
great place to work but very little chance for advancement or raises
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2017
This is a family owned and operated company since 1926. They are very understanding and family oriented but expect you to give your all to your job. Compensation package is very good compared to other companies.
A Great Lesson in Work Ethic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAAugust 22, 2017
The Dennis Uniforms sales representative position is the kind that anyone can move into. The trait every employee needs to have is a strong work ethic. I enjoyed my experience very much because my work ethic was guided by strong management, this made me able to thrive in this position.
Pros
lunch breaks, occasional paid meals, great culture
Cons
occasional hostile customers
My review i loved my job was a good job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 21, 2017
A productive job but training young employees was hard they wanted to stay texting on phone every min and not doing job.I learn a lot I started in retail and move to warehouse Manager I learn shop and receive also shop UPS , Mail and transfer order to other locations
Pros
In summer time i get to make lots of ot
Cons
They didn't pay me what job was worth
Welcoming Environment
Sales Floor Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 24, 2017
I couldn't have asked for a better first job. The Dennis Uniform team welcomed newcomers with open arms and made us feel at home. The best and worst part of the job would have to be the customers. They keep the job interesting but definitely know how to challenge you.
Very well organized workplace for all families that are new to Private Schools as well as Public Schools.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 23, 2017
Working at Dennis Uniform was an awesome experience for me. Helping families get ready for the new year, starting at their new schools. At Dennis I've learned great customer service and it was a well organized workplace.
Not impressed.
Production/Design (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonApril 16, 2016
This company is a mess. Has a lot of old-time staff, with NO knowledge of technology. Upper management is highly disorganized. They say they manufacture items in Portland which is a joke. Most everything they sell is Made in China. And the quality is really not that great. Downtown Portland location for the corporate headquarters is DISGUSTING! You literally have to walk around homeless people who are sleeping on the sidewalk and you also have to watch out where you step; there is human waste. Getting anything done is like pulling teeth, because no one wants to take responsibility.. Not worth it.
Pros
Interior is attractive, fairly nice co-workers..
Cons
Management is DISORGANIZED and out of touch with technology.
Productive busy store
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
Always made sure the showing floor was decent and not messy. Helped customers find what they needed and then help find their sizes. Checked out customers as cashier.
From Temp To HIre
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2016
This started off as a temp to hire job ~ to being a key-holder in the end. Managed a great sales team and travelled around San Diego. The hardest part of this job was convincing private school students and their parents that the H prior to the size number, did not mean huge.
Pros
Great Sales Team
Cons
Dealing With Private School Parents & Students
Appreciated the trust to perform the job; learned a lot.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Hired as a store manager but given basic responsabilities at the begining like helping customers, doing cash reconciliation for every machine and supervising employees. In a few months, I was in charge of re-ordering merchandise, supervising inventory and storage room, doing forecast, interviewing and hiring employees and obviously,customer service which was a great deal of my position. It was great to be trusted to do more and more.
Learned a lot and met wonderful people,mostly related to oil and gas, from all around the world.
The hardest part was working with a non fully stocked store at its highest peak of the season which put me thru a tough situation customer service wise.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
not keeping the same quality or sizing in the products thru the time.
Strong company, poor management structure.
Store and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 26, 2015
Dominant in the school uniform industry, was able to satisfy customers even when we were out of stock on items. Did not care for management structure, all upper level management was out of state and rarely came to visit, therefore it was hard to report problems and get resolutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dennis Uniform. Our community is ready to answer.