Denny's

2.8Pay & Benefits

Found 2,067 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,623 reviews
servercookrestaurantfoodmealtablecustomerwaitress

Very fast paste

Working at Denny's helped provide fast service to customers. Denny's promotes excellent customer service to all customers. Side work is not that long to complete. Management changes all the time. Management is base on salary, so not many managers stay managers for long. Most management I've seen, went back to being servers because the money was more and they had more time to spend with there family then if they were managing the restaurant. The hardest part of the job was keeping my composure when the restaurant gets busy and the cooks are not able to prepare the food in a appropriate time. The most enjoyable time is when I could see all my hard work pay off with the amount of tips I had gotten at the end of my shift.

Pros

Good service, good tips

Cons

pay by the hour is very low

Nothing bad to say nothing good

No complaints for me good company pretty good tips had a job interview that day was hired on the spot I give it four stars I would say that if anything provide a smoke break here and there and there's no set breaks and there's no breaks at all you can basically just smoke when you have

Denny's insights

Based on 4,800 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Find a different place to work

Not a good place to work just avoid if possible alot of drama and bs schedule you for a lot of hrs due to be understaff which is for a reason Most coworkers our fine however the few who our not ran out the good empolyees.

No life work balance

Consumes everything all ur time and energy and no pay to fill the gaps no benefits no paid time off, they don’t want to pay ur sick hours when sick!

Pros

The owner is An amazing person

Cons

No benefits

Run

The Denny's I was at, in Duncanville, TX is probably the worst restaurant I have ever worked for. And I've been doing this for 20+yrs. Management has no idea what is going on with most of the staff, unless for some reason they any to put a target on you, them they know everything. This location in particular has an insect (cockroaches) and rodent (mice) problem that goes far beyond the acceptable and occasional fly during the summer. There is no clear training of the new management, but be expected to be held accountable for all aspects of the position. Even if you were not trained in one area or another. In the grand scheme of things, working for this company (EYM Group) at this particular Denny's was an absolute disaster and I would be remiss to not warn others.

Pros

Can't think of any, actually, free meal while working (sometimes).

Cons

Management, clientele, compensation, breaks, training

Ok

Good job if you do not need to hit a minimum weekly. Traffic is too unreliable. Holidays are definitely best time to work, more hours and better tips.

Drama Packed and hours cut

I’m only speaking for this location in Clovis CA. They try to save labor so expect to get cut early. People are for the most part cool. It can be hella drama which keeps things interesting as long as your not part of said drama. There is a high turn over rate so if you don’t like who you are working with wait it out people come and go a lot. I worked for a Dennys many years now and different locations and this one started off really good and in a matter of 6 months it made a 180 turn to unorganized. Hours use to be good and now they are just bad. Good for a first server job but there are other better Dennys out there.

Good place to start

Its a good place to start if youre a teen looking for somewhere to start and the environment isnt too bad depending on managers. Pay sucked because it was based on tips.

Easy position

It could just be me as i find things way easier at times, but the fact that I can get 15 and have opportunities to get off at 10pm which i enjoy, I have opportunities I havent had at other fast food locations, not only do I get paid more than i use to I DO LESS WORK FOR MONEY ANDDD they gave me a dollar raise 2weeks into my employment :)

Ambiente de trabajo agradable, compañerismo, y buena comida.

Un día típico de mi trabajo, ayudaba a reacomodar productos, al pasar el tiempo los clientes llegaban y los atendíamos. De este trabajo aprendí a ser más respetuosa y considerada con los demás. lo más difícil de este trabajo era cuando se llenaba el restaurante, todo se volvía más estresante. Lo que más me gusto de ese trabajo fue haber podido tener buenos compañeros de trabajo y un buen manager.

So so

Some managers are good to work under. Tips are horrible, so the hourly you get just makes your struggle even harder. Not worth the time in my opinion.

Horrible place to work

They are very unprofessional and very short handed. Most of the time you will be the only server in the restaurant and expected to run the whole thing you will do the job of the host the cashier and your jobs as the server. You are very under paid for the amount of work that is required of you.

Pros

50% discount on food

Cons

No breaks. No free food

Coworkers are nice but manager is a pain.

Coworkers are nice and so are the customers but the manager is a big pain. Be prepared to be told to not expect days off even if requested in advance. The hours you work change every week, which is annoying so don’t make plans.

Pros

50% off food (only during the hours you work and only if you eat it there), decent tips depending on the day and how busy it is

Cons

30 minute breaks, Not really any benefits

A company that loves to gosip

They do not appreciate what they have. There lack of supervision and cleaning. Every one comes in when ever they what. There is no organization. They don't like to pay fairly.

Pros

You can do what ever you whant and not get fired

Cons

The pay is lower than other restaurants

Good team work

Overall a very decent job to work at. They offer flexible hours since they are 24/7. Co worker are willing to help when u ask them. You can work multiple positions at once.

Typical server job

Has ups and downs. Pay is o.k. ..tips are great..work is stressful...and we all know how customer service goes. But overall a decent place to serve...a great place when all goes well.

Great Coworkers Bad Management

I worked here for 6 months and i met the best people but management does seem not to care sometimes and hours were so bad i was working 2 days a week, it sucked especially on a server salary

Easy, but low pay, terrible tips, and excessive side work

The job is technically easy, if you’ve ever waitresses before you can do it easily. However, the pay is terrible, the tips are low due to low check totals, and the side work they assign will keep you at work for an extra hour on busy days!They’re also constantly understaffed.

Beware

Employee Beware: I have worked for several different hats, this company was the worst. Never train or staff properly. Never appreciate you. Will put you in dangerous situations and still only worry about the doors being open. They play favorites and push responsibilities upon people without compensation . The worst ever. Do not recommend.

It’s okay

I worked at Dennys on 16 for over a year. When starting it was a very good place to work. Good people, great money, and easy job which was very flexible. The only issue I had was the previous management who always had a scapegoat. The restaurant changed overtime though the management got better, however, sales declined, big parties stiffing you, less money, some of the new people were lazy and problematic. Overall, Dennys was a very okay job for a time.

Pros

Flexibility, management, coworkers

Cons

No breaks, little compensation, lack of tips, terrible customers

Its a good place to start with getting work experience

dennys is a fast pace job where u are on your feet most of the time. When its slow it could get boring. If you have a good manager its a pretty chill environment to work in.

Pros

free lunch and good tips

Cons

idk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight