Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 5,583 reviews matching the search See all 5,990 reviews
Poor Work Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJanuary 17, 2019
Management did not enforce proper shift change procedures, leaving the following shift a huge, stressful, and inappropriate workload to begin their shift with
Pros
Ideal Clientle
Cons
Poor Management, lack of job training, huge turnover rate
fun job
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 17, 2019
build charector, fast paced enviornment made sure that everything was uniform. helps you learn how to balkance more than one thing in your life so thats
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I lived working here. I enjoyed our customers and the staff. It was a great job and I wish I would have never moved away or I would still be working there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hired young school kids
Business can be slow but mostly busy. Can be a fun environment to work.
Dennys line cook (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 17, 2019
It’s very productive and it can be fun with full of laughter but when businesses starts to pick up then it’s time to get my head in the game And back to business so we can get the guests exactly what that showed up for, great service and great food.
Family atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Denny's is a great place to work. With the ability to learn fast, I found it easy to make my way around the kitchen. Good management also was a plus. I would work there again in the future.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Slow season has shift cuts
dennys
Cook (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 17, 2019
it was an alright job i just didnt want a fast food restaurant and the job environment wasnt that good along side with a lower salary than the other cooks
Productive, fun place to work. Managers were nice but strict
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Condado, PRJanuary 16, 2019
Productive, fun place to work. Managers were nice but strict with their work and fair. Sometimes they were a little off balance with the hours and shiftd, but most of the time they were good. Other employees were good at their eork, strict but also friendly. Always looking out for eachother.
Pros
Discount on lunch food.
Server experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Fast paced work environment in And out policy. Managed poorly. Not enough hours to go around. Customer service is key and not enough experience service on the floor at the same time.
Terrible
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Miserable. Always fighting. Table thieves. Bad pay. Poor management, namecalling always. It was really miserable every day I had to go in there. Customers rude. Coworkers rude. Management ruder.
Fast paced working evironment
Server/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work in fast pace and good opportunity to establish social skills. Hours are sometimes flexible. Benefits are not the best. Overall good job to have extra income.
Great working environment! Managers are less understanding but overall a good place to work.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 16, 2019
I loved my working environment at Denny’s. The coworkers are super sweet and for the most part everyone works together. Most of the people I know that have left Denny’s has been because of the main manager there. She can be very nice and helpful but when it comes down to your real problems or schedule conflicts it seems like no one really cares. If I could’ve been a server there, which I was told I would be, I would’ve loved to stay there. However it took months of trying to find time to train me, even though I was working around 5 hours most days at least 3-4 days a week and I eventually gave up on waiting. Plus if you are sick they don’t seem to care and have trouble believing you and that goes for everyone working there. Multiple people have left for those reasons but many people have also worked there for years who are still there. Aside from the main issues there, it’s overall a nice place to work and the remodeling looks really good too.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
You only get 50% when you’re on the clock and no other discounts.
Server/Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2019
Give it time if you can move fast it would be a walk in the park. Fast pace. Sometimes you find yourself working by myself and just have to relax and take it one step at a time.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
No breaks
Popular restaurant.. Fast pace
Waiter/Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
My duties were to host make the people feel comfortable .clean tables also serve food when needed to . answer phones place an taking orders . also communicating with my co workers
Pros
Good good . fast pace never a dull moment
Cons
Short pay
Workin at Denny's
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Clock in and count my drawer. Seat customers, take orders, expedite food, clean tables, stock the whole front of the house, cash customers out. How to use a cash register, take orders, customer service. management was the reason i left in the first place. Shift managers were lazy and didn't do their job. they would constantly under staff and have the people on the shift constantly stressed. The job honestly wasn't hard at all. Most enjoyable part was probably that they gave you free food and the people that worked with you on your shift.
Pros
free food, flexible hours.
Cons
poor management, stressful shifts.
Very competitive
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJanuary 15, 2019
Denny's was a great place to work as long as you could do your job and help with everyone else's. It takes a lot of teamwork to make a shift go by without a hitch. It helped me learn how to work as a team.
Pros
cash everyday
Easy Going
Server (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 15, 2019
When starting there the assistant manager was not very professional. also the place looks like it can use a complete makeover including, majority of the staff that works there.
I learned efficient production work.
Prioritized.
Horrible management and bad food safety
Server (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 15, 2019
The manager I worked for was very verbally abusive towards the employees. She would insult everyone for no reason. All of the cooks were usually drunk, and they never cleaned the grills or fryers properly, if at all. The other servers were mostly nice, and easy to work with, and you did get a free meal for ever shift, but after seeing all the health code violations in the kitchen, ordering food was not appealing. The good thing about this job is that you can make good tips, especially in a busy hour. Also, expect to be held for a few hours after what you are scheduled, they always give you hours worth of work to do right as you are supposed to be off.
Pros
Free meal plans, good tips.
Cons
Bad management, no hours, unnecessary stress
productive workplace lots of new people
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJanuary 15, 2019
working for Denny,s was a great experience. I learned better communication and customer service skills. the workplace culture is very fast-paced, exciting and challenging. the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly co-workers and wonderful variety or personalities you encounter each day.
productive
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PAJanuary 14, 2019
we would have up to 5 to 6 tables at a time. we would be busy during dinner than it slowed down for the rest of the night. some of the people there are hard to get along with. i think it is unfair the people that smoke don't have to clock out when going out to smoke
Gpod place
Dishwasher, Stoke, Unload trucks, Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hqrtford curneticutJanuary 14, 2019
Nice place to work nice coworkers nice managers good oportunitis i clean ouy side batrooms back of the hose everiting an i was a dishwasher an i clean the tables y do side work every day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight