Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 5,771 reviews matching the search See all 6,194 reviews
Fun work place to work at.
Lead Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 17, 2019
It was. great place to work great team members and. great guest but the employee turnover ratio was horrible they couldn't keep good people regularly.
Pros
They were very lax about discipline
Cons
Always understaffed with knowledgetable employees overstaffed with just bodies
Good and bad
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2019
Denny's is a great place to work if you're into a fast paced steady work shift. Tips/ short shifts/ flexible hours/ quick easy money. It can be slow, no benefits unless full time and they are not very good.
I worked overnight
Sever/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 17, 2019
I liked working here but I just didn't like the hours I worked they had me on overnight at a truck stop just me and the cook I didn't feel safe and plus they closed
Afoul Place to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMarch 17, 2019
I am talking about this particular franchise that has restaurants in western Washington, Yakima and Moses Lake. Very shady franchise that exploits just up to what the law permits. No benefits afoul management, HR is nothing but some accountants who are scared to do anything. THE worse company I ever worked for.
Pros
Nothing good about this company, Nothing
Cons
Everything they do for their employees.
great advancement opportunities
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 17, 2019
Denny's was a great place to work. The advancement opportunities were available to anyone who showed initiative and the willingness to work hard. It is restaurant work however and is not for everyone.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
24hr restaurant and may have to work late hours
i loved working there
Server (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMarch 17, 2019
great workers and loved being there have friends still from working there i would work there again if i could. easy to get along with all workers good training great costumers
Pros
great managment
Cons
the fact they frown on missing work when its family related
Stressful at times
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GAMarch 16, 2019
Hard working dependable dedicated and easy going. Self sufficient and eager to learn new methods. Worked in same place for 22 years very stable. Looking to grow with new company.
Fun sometimes but hard as well
Host (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMarch 15, 2019
What I learned at Denny’s for it to be my first job it was hard but at the same time you learn different things as well and enjoys some of the days while your there
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Nothing free
Productive an fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 15, 2019
Dennys is a good place to work an love to look out for there customers an employees the mangers are very to there customers an food is an tips are good to.
Loved working here
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 15, 2019
This place is a great place to work, you have a great chance at being hired, the GM is a wonderful person and is always open to discuss any issues or concerns
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 15, 2019
It was a fast-paced job I enjoyed every bit of it. I put a smile on my face and it helped me put a smile on others faces. Everybody got along and management was awesome
Pros
Free food and good management
Cons
No healthcare
It's a decent first job.
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2019
Denny's was great to get me started on the habit of going to school and working but the managers are unorganized and unprofessional. The managers are the main issue of the restaurant. I have had to manage shifts when I am not supervisor nor manager. My favorite time to work was during graveyard so I could do homework and work with a minimal amount of people.
Pros
on slow days it's laid back and fun
Cons
on busy days i don't receive my 30 minute break
i don't recommend working at denny's.. at all
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
I worked as a server for Denny's for nearly a year in 2018. As a 20 year old, I completely understand and expect coworkers who are older talking down to me in a sense, but the culture within Denny's is not a good one. All of my coworkers except 2 were over the age of 40, but they consistently had drama like I was still in highschool. Managers would get in yelling fights with cooks, cooks would yell at servers and they would yell back, meanwhile EVERY guest could hear what was happening. I worked the Dinner/Night shift, which usually ranges from 3pm-6am, but the managers could never agree on a schedule, so it changed nearly every single day for 3 months because they ran too many servers off with all of the inconsistency. They have no standards for hiring managers. They can rarely keep staff so they don't have a choice. The reason i left this job was due to my manager harassing me after i called corporate on her for forcing me to go on break during our biggest rushes and taking all of the tips for herself, which is completely illegal, forcing servers to ignore their tables to work prep in the back, and SCREAMING at us when we didn't follow every word she said, but when i called corporate they didn't do anything about it. And like i said before, she demanded the servers to tell her who called corporate on her and after she found out, she would constantly threaten to find ways to get me fired, wouldn't allow me to take tables in our normal rotation, she would talk about servers to other servers, and when i confronted the situation to her directly, she took me into the office, screamed  more... at me for "instigating drama", and that was the night i quit. I love customer service to the core, i plan to use the experience i gained to work my way into nursing and the medical field, but if you have a passion for customer service, please do not let denny's ruin it for you.  less
Pros
50% off meals for days you work, the regulars are usually always nice, and it's a great introduction into serving and customer service
Cons
poor managing, inconsistent schedules, they're usually always shorthanded so the workload gets placed on a small amount of servers.
Good start as a first job
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Soledad, CAMarch 14, 2019
I grew in certain areas as far as people skills and multi tasking
This job was flexible when I went back to school
They would work around with my schedule which helped me a lot
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Poor hours
I loved the environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMarch 13, 2019
The regulars and basically getting to meet new people and the conversations was amazing I had some amazing people to work with and people to serve. The management was also very good with my medical issues at that time.
Mismanaged
Server (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTMarch 13, 2019
Inconsistent service , extreme lack of communication between management and staff.Not a team player environment, Employees are not treated equally, Clientele is low class.
Friendly and hardworking
Host (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 13, 2019
Denny's is a new experience to me but its really friendly and I see a lot of hardworking people.
I would recommend it as a first place to start if you wanna work in a fast food area
fast paced
Sub-contractor/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2019
Was a good job and I got too meet a lot of people there. Working night shift and during the day finally took it's toll on me. I was also contracting for the Home Depot and other various flooring stores with my brother.
Pros
free food and good money
Cons
very long exhausting days
Could be a Great place to work only the strong will survive
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 13, 2019
Although this place has taught me alot of the business it has also taught things that I would not do to the staff and management. I'm very loyal to this Company and so many others but,my children mean more to me.
Pros
great potenial
Cons
no money
Needs a lot of work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCMarch 13, 2019
I was with this company for many years and treated very poorly. I continued to put in a hard work ethic and advanced because I had knowledge of the company was not trained and I asked to be for over a year. There is no passion in this industry anymore and the turn over rate shows the outlook. I tried for many years not to leave and finally was forced to leave when being told that I would not be trained in my position and that I also needed to relocate or lose my job with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight