Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 5,368 reviews matching the search See all 5,764 reviews
The mistreatment towards dishwashers was almost unrealistic
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2018
They work dishwashers to the bone and if you can't keep up with the dishwashing they become hostile and rude. You don't get paid extra for working on the holidays which sucks
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Have to eat quickly because breaks aren't very long
Great place to work!
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 17, 2018
Dennys is a good busy company to work for. I love interacting with my employees throughout their shifts and the customers are amazing! Welcoming every guest when they arrive and thanking every guest when they leave and invite them back!
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
24 hour restaurant
I love and enjoy working here.
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2018
The staff members are like family and everyone gets along great. The mood is always good and we all prefer it that way. The restaurant gets busy and we always make good tips.
Pros
Lunches half off
Cons
Uniform is strict
It was a pleasure to work there
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDNovember 16, 2018
It was one of my first jobs as a teenager. I beleive everyone was treated fairly and the staff was like a little family. I would help servers to clear there tables to get ready for the next customers. It was there choice to tip me out.
Pros
50% of our food
Cons
Short breaks
fun job but full of drama
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXNovember 16, 2018
the new fm doesnt care about the store she kets her friends do whatever they want to do uf they dont want to take a table she will make someone else take the table. she lets people get by with to much call ins and no call no show as far a the back of the house they need to fix most of the things back there most of it is broken or out dated
Pros
half price food
Cons
if you dont smoke you on ly get a 30 minute lunch, and most days you dont get the lunch break
mnagement
Dishwasher/Cook assistant (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILNovember 16, 2018
Management plays favorites alot but great restaurant. They didnt understand that my girlfriend was incredibly ill and needed a ride to the emergency room, I get people can lie but I even could get a dr note.
Fun job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2018
Working at Denny's was an interesting experience. While working there, I learned great leadership skills for running the kitchen to the front of house.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Not enough employee's
fun place to work if you can keep up
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 16, 2018
It was a great learning experience the work environment was awesome the management was very good. the food was easy to prepare and the pay and benefits were fair
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fast pace
we had a few birthday parties there
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZNovember 15, 2018
it was fun AT first but the manger had her little favorites.then it started getting back stabbing going on.
the hardest part of the job was all the side work. id id like some of the people there
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
health care was expensive
Fast paced environment, good morale
Graveyard Server (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTNovember 15, 2018
Great management, family oriented. Tips are great on weekends. Employee food plan available. Discount to family members. Benefits available for full time employment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 15, 2018
It was an okay job. You had to Prepared the food that needed prepping for the next day and cook the food to the customer orders. Clean the kitchen as you go also.
terrible
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 14, 2018
Denny's in Cape Girardeau was unsanitary, unsafe, disrespectful, and finally closed down due to health code after leaving this job. The management was poor and disdained from treating others with even a sliver with respect.
I loved it.
Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 14, 2018
I loved working at Denny’s. It’s one of my favorite places I’ve worked. I loved serving people and making food. The cooking was my favorite part. Great hours. Sometimes too many but it was good when you needed it.
Pros
Employee meal discount, many different job positions
Cons
Bi weekly pay, stressful at times
My opinion
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 13, 2018
It was pretty laid back. A little under staffed on some nights when we were busy. Easy job and easy/quick money. If you are just looking for part-time work i recommend it!
It was a very fast Pace
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2018
I enjoy working with the people. and made sure the costumers were took care of there food. I love to communicate with the manager. it was a nice place to work for.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I did't get much tips
Its a place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 12, 2018
I personally never stayed long. Its a job, That's how I saw it and how most people do see it. They understand certain things, but other things, Never.
not good for nights
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 12, 2018
mostly drunk people came in at nights. they often didnt tip and complain in a drunken attitude about things that werent in our control. also people would try to dine and dash.
Denny's
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 12, 2018
I knew alot of the employees there from childhood so i feel like Im sorta bi est towards the job bot it was nice i really cant say anything particularly negative about the company just some employees
The worst
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Vernon Rockville, CTNovember 12, 2018
If you want to work in a place that overworks you and underpays you then Denny’s is for you! Customers will get into altercations in the restaurant and they will still force you to serve them. Customer spits on you? Serve them! Literally NOTHING is enough to make it stop. Green fish? Serve it to the 90 year old man who’s sitting alone on Thanksgiving day. (For the record, I through his in the trash) The mangers don’t care about anything. Want to be forced to work a 24 hour shift on Christmas? Cool you’ll wait on over 1000 people and make 116 dollars. Trash restaurant.
Pros
Not even one
Cons
Every part of your day
Great Place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 12, 2018
I loved working here. The people were lovely and I loved my regulars. Wether I worked days or night I always felt comfortable and at home with my Denny’s family. I remember late nights waiting table and early mornings drinking coffee to push through another day.
Pros
Free food, nice people
Cons
Rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.6K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Denny's.

Powered by Comparably