Denny's

Based on 2,753 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Things I learned working here

This was my first job and in this job i learned how to be patience, how to work together as a team to accomplish the task, learned about the importance of being in time and working hard, be efficient.

Horrible management

They want you to fail . Managers make stuff up about you and steal your hours . Favoritism is 100% how you get hours. Do yourself a favor and don't apply here

Pros

Cool customers

Cons

I feel under appreciated and overlooked.

I’ve been working for Dennys in Red Bluff since August 21st, 2021. I feel under appreciated and overlooked. I’ve worked so hard to the point we’re every step I took hurt so bad, my back was aching, and my legs almost gave out but I still showed up the next day to do it all again. I had to switch from dishwasher to hostess because the pain was effecting my work. They started cutting my hours and so far my schedule has decreased to 8 hours a week. I’ve spoken up about it and asked for more and now it’s down to 3 hours in total this week. I can not survive off of 3 hours a week.

Pros

Free lunches for dishwashers

Cons

Hours cut and overworked when scheduled

Good

Fun and friendly. Good to work for. Like to go to work. Good parking. Long hours but I don’t have a life anyway. Making a career of it. I’m never leaving.

Horrible

Dennys was not the best place to work there was no hours they really don't care about your personal needs I do not recommend anyone to really apply there. Don't waste your time take it from me when u don't even get a $100 in a pay check it ain't worth it

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Awful

Terrible management, didn’t care about the employees. It was always short staffed, I had to work by myself more days than not. Could never keep anyone.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Management sucked

Customers

Customers are great managers are great coworkers are great easy fun work environment. Schedule is flexible make own hours free food free drinks love it here

Worked as a manager.

Typical. Companies don't care about you. Pay you what they can to keep you, use you. When you go to leave they pay you just a little more again to keep you. Expect you to revolve your entire life around them. Franchise owners have no idea what it is to work in the building and have ridiculous expectations. Benefits and bonus program nearly nonexistent.

Pros

The people you work with. The guests that touch your heart.

Cons

Low pay, no breaks, franchise owners, high expectations without reward.

Favoritism

Bad favoritism and as a host I was on call. I would get no schedule but expected to be available at any time to drop whatever I was doing and come in.

Terrible management, unorganized, but overall good tips

I worked at Dennys in PA for 5 years. Perhaps it was the fact that it was a franchise, but management was absolutely terrible. There were different rules for different people, but I appreciated the flexibility of the schedule. Denny's has good food and innovative ideas, but good management is crucial.

Jobs at Denny's

See more jobs

Nothing the company is not good to employees

The company treats employees like slaves…you have no quality of life outside of Denny’s…they are dishonest…they don’t care about people, they care about the bottom line only..

Pros

Cons

Everthing

There are some good people in the company.

The pay is good. Depending on the area, the customers can be kind of rough sometimes. The managers are nice. Once you know the job, it is pretty repetitive.

Always working

Always pulling doubles and a high turn over rate. Always short staffed on managers and cooks. I enjoyed cooking and serving there sometimes but not everyone pulled together as a team to get the extra stuff done such as stocking and filter wrong the fryers and cleaning in general and it was never enforced so it was always the few people cleaning up after everyone else including cleaning up after the managers.

Pros

Great customers

Cons

Poor management

Good while it lasted

Loved working with Denny's when our GM was still there but once he was offered a better opportunity and the night manager was given the chance to run the restaurant. My husband and I were treated differently and I was always yelled and screamed at. Working at Denny's felt like having to do the chore I disliked most than anything else.

Pros

Discount food

Cons

Everything now

Good job for beginner server

Was my first job in service industry and it was really good for beginners. Tips suck and people suck but it is a Dennys. Dont trust management. Coworkers were great.

Pros

free food, good coworkers

Cons

bad tips

Decent money.

You make decent money but the management is horrible. Was ran poorly and unorganized. Worked with fun people. Very clicky. Schedule was all over the place.

Fast pace demanding but fun

I hated it most of the time but it paid the Bill's all decisions came out of California so nothing you did for the buisiness mattered in the end and were always threatening to fire me

Es un ambiente muy placentero y un poco divertido y con entusiasmo

Todos los companeros muy amables no exixte discriminasion todos somos un time work o como se dise en espanol un equipo de trabajo y dispuestos para servir al cliente porque el cliente es primero con platillos de calidad buen servisio limpiesa y buen trato a todos

Pros

Seguro medico

Cons

Ninguna que yo recuerde o perdon los dias festivos todos trabajamos 4 horas pero todos trabajamos

A place to start and gain experience. Very few long term employees.

Terrible hours including all holidays which are the busiest days of the year. Very early hours or very late hours are the norm. Zero benefits with few exceptions. Usually short staffed, especially during busy times. No bus people, usually no hostess or cashier, managers seldom on floor because they have to cook.

Pros

Steady work if you v=can take the schedules

Cons

No benefits, barely minimum wage in most states, Poorly trained management. Huge turn over so always inexperienced people working.

Bad culture

Worst job I've ever had. You are never off at scheduled time or even close even if you book an appointment after your shift weeks in advance you can't leave. Toxic managers in and out. No support from abusive customers. Tons of side work to do during shift but also expected to be host, server, busser and cashier. I would NEVER recommend.

Pros

I got paid

Cons

Horrible place to work I really wished I never worked here. Run!!

Managers do not care and will work you to almost passing out! I’ve cried so many times while working. I even had a asthma attack while working and was told to sit then and continue to work when it was over. !!! Horrible do not care about employees !

Pros

None.

Cons

Short breaks, horrible management, horrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K
2.3K
2.2K
1K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Denny's.
Powered byComparably