Denny Menholt Auto Group Employee Reviews

Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 25, 2019
i would never work there again took almost 6 months to get something replaced. asked for a rise said one thing never followed through with it. was told cant pay over 12hr.
Pros
free lunch on Saturdays
Cons
Day in the life of car sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 24, 2018
I learned so much at this job. I learned how hard it really is to be a car sales person. I also learned that it can be a fun and rewarding job. Theres lots of opportunity for growth and your potential is endless. They give you all the tools to succeed.
Pros
worked well with my schedule
Intense, Fun, Stressful.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 6, 2018
DO NOT take this job if you are looking for job security. They cycle through salesman more often than not. The pay is great, the management is rocky at best, and there's no free time after work if you want to succeed. The job is intense. However, if you're looking for something to fill your time, and wallet, this is perfect. Enjoyed walking customers through the sale and they offer one of the best training programs in the country to set you up for success. This job relies on your ability to stay on top of yourself and to stay focused. If you can handle high stress and hearing "no" constantly, this might be the place for you!
Pros
High Wage, Friendships, Training program
Cons
High Stress, No Job Security, Strict schedule
re
Technician (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 9, 2018
great places to work, awesome people to work with, management is awesome very laid back but unfortunately the lack of career advancement and pay scale is horrible.
Poor method of compensation
Automotive Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 1, 2018
Monetary compensation is by commission which requires competing with co-workers and unequal hours for the technician teams as well as causing some repairs taking longer due to waiting time for busy teams.
Cons
Long Hours
Good Company
Sales Consultant / Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company. I made good money and the management is there to help you succeed. It is a very competitive environment for competitive people.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 1, 2018
i loved working at Denny Menholt. I learned a lot about sales and Honda! everyday life working here was great. if it wasn't for poor management i would still lobe to work here.
Pros
Great benifits and great pay
Cons
Terrible Management
Fast Paced Environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 13, 2018
Fast paced environment that requires exceptional selling skills, very demanding hours at times, must be able to work weekends, many of the coworkers find this job very challenging.
Mediocrity
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 19, 2017
Don't expect much training or support in selling. If you can't knock it out of the ball park and keep knocking it out of the ball park don't bother. They expect you to bring in customers.
Hours suck
Lot Manager/ detail (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 17, 2017
In Order to succeed here you have to be related to the GM or socialize more than work. Most of them are friendly and the work isn't hard but the pay sucks and the hours suck
Learn new things
Title Clerk/Used Car Biller (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 20, 2017
Learning new things and being able to advance and grow in my job. Working with the coworkers and learning g their jobs and being able to cross train in all areas
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Wasnt any
long hours,
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 16, 2017
slow at times, long hours, not enough foot traffic, flexibility with scheduling, good earning potential, enjoyable co workers, approachable management
Car Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTFebruary 10, 2017
Lack of new customers, decline in returning customers, lots of salespeople fighting for the small amount of customers makes it a difficult place to sell very many vehicles.
Pros
Lots of Training.
Cons
Lots of competition, lack of customers.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 6, 2017
Great place to work great people easy-going and rewarding? The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that work there super nice and helpful. Great customers great product.
Pros
Great place to work great people
Cons
Great place to work great people
A great place to work if you never want to be home and get in trouble for not blowing up people's phone everyday.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MontanaFebruary 1, 2017
The hours they are saying are not true on the sales floor. The hours are roatating 8-3 and 2-8. You will work on the floor with both sales teams on sat you wil open every other week and and close every other week. You will have sundays off and either Monday or wed. You will have a meeting every Thursday at 8am weather you work at 8 or 2 you have to be there. You will be competing with 30 other sales people to make the same quotas. No matter how much you try if you aren't willing to be there open to close mon-sat you will be let go at the end of your 90 days. You will sit around most days because no one comes comes on the lot all day. During the down time they will be mad if you are sitting and waiting but at the same time they will be mad if you are in your office doing training or making calls because there is no one watching the window. You will never win here.
Pros
A salaried position
Cons
You have 90days to meet a quota and it can change at any point.
Very friendly and motivated to help employees succeed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 8, 2017
Very tight group. Everyone willing to help and really seem to care about you personally. I enjoy my work, with the exception of the cold weather, as I am meeting new people, working outside and helping people get their new vehicles. Great place
Pros
Everyone seems to get along
Cons
Sometimes the hours and of course the weather
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work, very good management team. POTENTIAL to make great money. If you are willing to do the work and follow the process there is great potential. One of the best auto groups I have seen
Pros
Great support/flexability
Cons
Long hours usually
Lame managers and lame excuses
Everything (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 22, 2016
Worked there for * years and if you like mediocre management, who are lazy and get nothing done but will blame the employees, the jump on board. They hate giving out raises and use every excuse in the book for not giving them out. The management will throw you under the bus very quick. They have a revolving door of employees and this is why.
Pros
Cons
No raises, lame duck management, hostile work environment
Fun workplace with dope catering.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 2, 2016
I worked this because you know exploring careers and maybe sellin cars was it. It's a good place to work because everyone needs a car. The guys there aren't so bad either.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
You shared the floor with 11 salesman
Work at Denny Menholt Chevrolet
auto body tech (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 19, 2016
Come to work and sweep the shop, then zambonied the shop, after that I would go talk to the lead tech and ask what he would like me to do for the day. I learned how to work on auto body. I did not get along with my manager but we could work together. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the drama in the shop and the lube shop next door. The best part of the job was I got to work on cars and I had a lot of childhood friends that worked with me.
Pros
Free lunch and when the boss wasnt around we had fun and got work done.
Cons
I worked a lot of hours and put in to much work and scewed over in the end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny Menholt Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Denny Menholt Auto Group Reviews by Location