Denso Employee Reviews

Found 646 reviews matching the search See all 1,380 reviews
Terrible management, discriminate
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 11, 2018
Management and team leaders are terrible. It's a very cut throat buisness. They do not care about anyone. They do not recognize a good hard working employee. They get 20 yr old temps that won't work and treat loyal older hard workers terrible. If you are a young attractive woman you have it made...In many ways! They are very manipulative. They used to have a great reputation and was a good place to work until it changed hands. People are dropping and leaving so quickly. If you don't have good loyal employees you will have bad results in the long term.
Pros
Insurance. ..that's all
Cons
Denso sucks out your soul
Production associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 10, 2018
Your over worked ,under paid, under appreciated, your opinion doesn’t matter and if you disagree with how things are done you might as well kiss your job good bye. I recommend working at McDonald’s over Denso at least there you know what to expect everyday
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced enviroment
5th Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 10, 2018
This is a good company to work for, but there is a lot of mandatory overtime. You will not always get the holidays off, but the pay is outstanding for the area.
Pros
Free Medical, Dental, Family care
Cons
No smoking, short breaks
Competitive pay and job security
Packaging Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49037October 9, 2018
Lack of team work over the past several years. Company has created an "every person for themselves" atmosphere which made it very difficult for many associates to do their job effectively.
fast pace, 8-10 hr shifts,
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 9, 2018
Ok, place to work management has really went down hill. Team Leaders are not held accountable for how they treat & talk about their associates to other associates or other management. I used to love working there, I got to the point I hated it & quit b/c it was a struggle to get up and go to work. That's how miserable my team leader made her associates feel.
Pros
Good insurance, off all holidays
Cons
management; nothing you say to HR is confidential
Good Temp Job
Navigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 7, 2018
The navigation Technician position was fun and provided me with an awesome experience. Over a 3 year period, I got to visit over 40 states and even went to Montreal to test updated navigation software for the Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
Stressful
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 7, 2018
The people are childish and most time it's like you are back in middle school. They don't just go to work to actually work. Go in get the work done and go home is how they should be. Way too much drama. And the buddy system is full force there. If you aren't the buddy you are beat down by those biddies "bullies"
fair job
Quailty Control,Machine opertor (Former Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 5, 2018
work there 10 yrs.good place good vacation good benefit everyone friendly the take care of there employees and the pay could have been better but overall great place to work
Pros
good benifits
Cons
need to better pay
Good company
Molding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 3, 2018
Overall Denso was a good company to work for. The Team leader position is one of the hardest in the company. There were many internal changes that occurred , without the proper management in place.
Pros
Good compensation package
Cons
Poor upper management.
Poor management and no knowledge of job title
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 2, 2018
Currently 10 to 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. I have learned time management from the Army that helped me cope with the working conditions at Denso. 98% of the management should not be in any type of management position. About half of the people there are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the half hour drive there and home every day. Getting off work and going home.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor Management
good place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 1, 2018
nothing bad to its a nices place to work everyone is nice and will help you with your job ill give it a thums up...………………………………………………………………………………………………...
fun people, ping pong, gym
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 1, 2018
Learned the Japanese culture.
A lot of good people and helpful supervisory and management
Job was stressful
people were amazing to work with
typical day: log into computer read all emails from Japanese engineering and put all jobs in priority order per management
Pros
lunches, classes, meetings, bonuses
Cons
healthcare changed
Unhealthy
Remanufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 25, 2018
This job has very unhealthy work conditions in all departments, with a lack of job security, loyalty, and leadership from managers. Thank your for your time.
Devisive management tactics
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Upper management out of control. No oversight, psychologically unsound yet promoted to VP. Satellite office and home office had completely different expectations. No consistency.
Fast paced
GENREAL LABOR (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 20, 2018
Long days pay was not very good lots of overtime mangers did not really care about employees just that production numbers were being met workplace environment was quit everyone is dead on there feet from working mandatory overtime
They will work you to death shamelessly! NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY
Associate (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 19, 2018
They will work you to death shamelessly! Mandatory OT. DO NOT EXPECT ANY DAYS OFF. TWO days off in 2018, they tried to call us in on one of them. Upper management DOES NOT work OT, So they don't care if you do or not. Even if there are 3 shifts working around the clock. You will still be there Saturday and Sunday. Only way to advance is the change shifts and/or plants- but either will require shift change.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Don't expect to ever see your family.. EVER
Very easy and competitive job
Contractor worker for prologistic (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNSeptember 17, 2018
I work first shift from 5a.m. til 1:30 Monday thru Friday we work a lot of overtime and saturdays the job us fast paced and easy. I just wish there were more knowledge leads to conduct a more productive shift daily and manage staff where's that everyone is on same page and more positive communication in the facility
Pros
Not far from my home
Cons
Its a smaller facility
Lots of hours
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 16, 2018
Denso is a good place to work if you dont mind putting in the time. There always hours and overtime is never a problem. They pay there employees quite well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hot
Good place but Not good managements
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 16, 2018
I moved DENSO because I needed for my health and my family! Never I'll not recommend somebody to go to DENSO! Horrible management, not all of them but mostly!
Good pay, no life
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 14, 2018
There is a joke here at Denso where we say that Denso stands for Dont Expect Next Saturday Off. Throw that in with a chance for 10 to 12 hour days equals no life. But it's a great place to get started.
Cons
Smoke free campus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denso. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight