DENT WIZARD Employee Reviews

not a good place to work
Hail Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 19, 2018
stressful, wondering from day to day if you are going to get laid off, hail team and manager was great, he had a hard time laying me off and did what he could to find me another position within the company
Pros
hail team was great to work with
Cons
their stand alone Dealership work was underpaid
Good job overall , you suffer when it’s slow
Paint / Body Tech. (Former Employee) –  Berlin , NjAugust 29, 2018
I made a lot of money at DW , like any commission job I suffered brutally without a 40 hr. guarantee. Flat rate Body Shops have a 40 hr guarantee pay
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
inexperianced management, no 40 hr guarantee
Poor management
Automotive Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 26, 2018
Reached out to management with concerns, no action. Poor work environment. Little or no ventilation. Working in hazardous conditions. Even though each person is responsible for their own billing, the company demand you split evenly with your coworkers.
When They Lie They Speak Their Native Tongue
Technician (Current Employee) –  EastAugust 17, 2018
When they interview you, you might think they are trying to figure out who you are and where you will fit, but they aren't, they are selling you. What they tell you will be lies. They will promise you things in the interview and they will not do them. They will promise you things every time you complain but they will not come through. The management is inept and has no qualms about lying or misleading employees and customers. I have never seen more failure in management nor weakness of character than I have experienced with the management at Dent Wizard.
It's a shame because many of the employees are truly decent and good people. The inbred culture of the management has been the overarching theme of my unfortunate association with the company. Truly, this building will eat its own foundation.
Benefits
Cons
Rotten fork-tounged managment
Productive work environment
Automotive Body Technician (Current Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIAugust 15, 2018
Great place to work. Nice working environment. Informative mangers and co- workers. Comfortable wages. And paid vacation time. Also great health benefits.
Very optimistic work environment
Lot Porter/Detailer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 24, 2018
I started with Dent Wizard Washing Cars at the Mercedes Dealership and soon enough after I was hired I got a new job within it. As a part of their contract they needed a driver and I was their guy only leaving because of Theo new contract excluding my position.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes, Management is fair, easy work
Cons
Pay isn’t great
Long Shifts
Wheel Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 30, 2018
I spent on average getting 50-60 hours a week. As a wheel technician you are required to stay until all the wheels are finished. when taking in almost 100 wheels with minimum equipment for about 30 wheels you end up staying for 12-15 hour shifts on average while still required to work 5 days a week.
Pros
Lots of Overtime.
Cons
Little pay for work required, half hour break no matter how long you stay.
Great Leadership
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2018
We get consistent positive leadership from our local management team. They are as flexible as possible with scheduling and understanding when personal situations arise; You don’t always get that at other places. Overall a great company that tries to deliver what they promise to both employees and customers alike.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, great team environment
Cons
Tough working conditions (the elements)
dent wiz
Automotive Paint technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2018
working for dent wizard helped me to be able to learn more about my craft and master it more and more each day .Not relocating was a hard decision but there was no other option for me at that time.
only focused on money
Key Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2018
At first, very fair, fun place to work.Good environment, As time went on, they proved to choose quantity over quality, and I had a hard time with this because i believe in quality of jobs performed.
Pros
Not far from home.
Cons
ignorant, selfish management
fast paced job
Technician - Paintless Dent Removal (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2018
Good company to work for although it has several opportunities for improvement starting with management and culture. it is a great place to start your work day , most of the employees are great to work with , workflow is steady and it makes your day go fast , productive days will lead to great paychecks but aside from all the great benefits and pay the culture needs to improve.
Beware the pointed hat!
Floatation (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 26, 2018
I can only say what happened to me, was making a decent living at a body shop in Des Plaines company was sold to dent wizard. Here is where it begins to go downhill, my position was changed as was my pay structure the problem here is the way they did it over the phone and three days after it went into effect, very unprofessional.
The management if you want to call it that is more concerned about having meetings than anything else, standard answer for a question is we`ll get back to you! They Don`t!
The culture is everyone walks on egg shells cause they`re afraid of where they may step.
My experience is to make sure you get everything in writing and have it notarized!
I spent nearly 10 years with my company before the sale had it`s up and downs for sure, but within a few short weeks of DW and I`m gone.
Worst work experience of my life!
Want to say I had the pleasure of working with some great guys over the years you know who you are.
In closing i like to add that the benefits are very pedestrian at best, high deductible insurance,401k completely average.
Pros
Watching the flames
Cons
Indeed
Unlimited income possibilities
PDR Technician (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAMarch 15, 2018
Enjoyed working outside, very profitable production. Very nice to work out on my own, company vehicle, paid vacation and holidays, enjoyed the opportunities to see all types of vehicles.
Learned more about budgeting
MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 6, 2018
Excellent policies and procedures in place for management. Excellent C room, top notch leadership. Got to work with some incredibly talented technicians.
Pros
Strong corporate presence
Cons
Talent
Varies
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2018
I really varies on what you are doing. I liked the people I worked with immediately, but I couldn't stand upper management. They always thought they were smarter than everyone.
productive
Painter (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 18, 2018
easy going work place with a lot of freedom
learned to work ouside
good managment
easy work place and workers
hardest part is is working outside
most enjoyable part is working ouside
Pros
working outside and freedom
Cons
Fast paced and fun work environment
Regional Auction Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 5, 2018
Ever changing work appetite, with a lot of flexibility to make decisions. each manager bore the responsibility of their decisions. Very supportive and flexible upper management.
Pros
Benefits, and profit sharing
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Stressful environment
Paint Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Commission based pay regardless if there's no work. Pay is "draw" must exceed monthly billing to cover your own pay if not your in deficit and owe the company money.
Poor management, it's a corporate world, all they see is numbers. You want better pay? You must bill more, their tactics are outdated, they land accounts by cutting prices in half and still take over 60% of your billings.
Only good thing is benefits package.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
dent wizard
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Not great with people but pays okay . Management is not great and in some situation horrible
If you can get a ase and be somewhere els , I recommend not being here
Dent Wizard International
Operations Manager of the Wheel Division (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Excellent company with great work environment. I really enjoyed my time with Dent Wizard and really appreciate the knowledge and experience I gained from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DENT WIZARD. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about