Dental Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work
Hygiene Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 23, 2019
I enjoy working for Dental Care Alliance and my experience there has been very positive. I came into the dental field with zero experience but was trained on the spot with a very knowledgeable and hard working employee. She taught me treatment planning; entering the codes, insurance and making sure they were linked or looking threw the breakdown to properly provide patient with correct fees. The hardest part about this job is learning the language when I first started but I was able to catch on because I wrote everything down and was able to study it during my hours off of work. I wanted to make my office manager proud for investing and believing in me. The most enjoyable part of the job has been being able to work along side someone who is hard working. She has been very inspiring and I want to be able to work just as hard as she does.
Pros
Ability to get hands on training
Cons
I waited 5 weeks before I got a full paycheck
Great people
Accountant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 23, 2019
Lousy job great people. Can be a great place to work if they created growth for their staff. The company grows they need to allow their staff to grow
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
Nope
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 11, 2019
Never again will i consider working for a dental seo based on this company no respect or appreciation for "the little guy" We are all just a number and that is all they care about...numbers
Horrible. Company is about money. Under treat patients. Don’t give patient proper knowledge about home care. Patient are seen based on insurance.
Jjkhgi (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 28, 2019
Worse job / company ever!!! Horrible managements. Don’t care about their staff. Drama . Worse company ever. Worst company ever. Worst company ever. !
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Stressful. Horrible Doctors. Under treat patients
March 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your review is not consistent with our values and we would like to learn more to correct this issue. Please contact us at careers@dentalcarealliance.com. Thanks!

Failed Call Center
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SarasotaFebruary 18, 2019
Call center making dental appointments, This center was poorly run and the resources were not used to their best interest, Typical call center atmosphere, but the office was too loud for good customer interaction,
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Too much favoritism
February 25, 2019

Thank you for your time at DCA and sharing this review. We did close the call center based on feedback from our practices.

Be prepared to work and work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Unknown FloridaJanuary 12, 2019
The worst company I have ever work for. The company penalizes good office because of low performing offices which is ridiculous. If your office is profitable and the margin are good but some offices aren’t as good the company goes into panic mode and the restructure of ALL offices begins.

Example:
December your Dr went on vacation but you still managed to make your goal but offices A, B and C had doctors go on vacation too, but still struggled costing the company 100K. Is your office rewarded? No, now all these changes will be made so this doesn’t happen again and you are apart of the change.

If you’re salary be prepare to work 50hrs to 60hrs a week, this company takes advantage of salary employees.

You may ask if this is such a bad company, why are you currently employed there. I have hope. They will see these ludicrous policies and see revenue decrease, turnover rate skyrocket, employee morale drop tremendously for 2019 they will get their act together in 2020.
Pros
Being able to help give a patient a smile, it’s so rewarding seeing patients leave here happy
Cons
Upper Management just want more and more and more and more
January 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to learn more and look into this situation. Please email me at careers@dentalcarealliance.com so we can coordinate a time to connect. Thank you!

Work overload, ridiculous expectations
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  mid-Atlantic regionJanuary 7, 2019
They want you to read from a script when talking to patients, make sure other provider's meet their goals. Forget about what you need// want. It's all about the dollars, they don't care about the patients. Corporate, not Doctors.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, closed most holidays
Cons
Too many!
January 14, 2019

Dental Care Alliance is focused on patients first and to support our providers and practice teams. Please email me at careers@dentalcarealliance.com to arrange a time to connect. Thank you!

Production, production, production
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 3, 2019
If you are a dental professional with any respect for yourself or your patients do not work for Dental Care Alliance. Patients and employees are seen as a dollar amount and nothing else. Production goals are all that matter and if your job is threatened on a regular basis if you are not reaching a goal, regardless of what insurance your office takes or how the schedule is filled. Factors that you cannot control as a dentist or hygienist. Because of this, employees are treated as disposable and employee turnover frequent. Quality of patient care is substandard due to polices and protocols set by upper management. You are pressured to treatment plan expensive procedures and patients are treated differently based on their insurance pay out. Very little money is put into new or even basic technology to better serve your patients. The only “benefit” you receive is health care and that is only because it is government mandated. Duties and responsibilities are added on to your busy schedule and not only will you not be compensated, you won’t even be thanked. Absolutely no positive reinforcement but plenty of negativity and threats.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list but start with the description in the review.
January 14, 2019

Patients come first at Dental Care Alliance. I would like to learn more about your experience with us so we can ensure that vision throughout our organization. Please email me at careers@dentalcarealliance.com so we can arrange a time to connect. Thank you!

Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticJanuary 1, 2019
Run. 10’years working for a company who treats you horrible and doesn’t compensate you after promising raises in writing. They take advantage of hard working people whom need their jobs. Management is a joke whoever they can get to fill the position for the least amount of money. Usually someone with no education or career experience. Absolutely unethical in every way from staff to patients. Crooks. Disgusting.
Pros
Non
Overall horrible company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2018
Benefits are horrible and you are over worked. I was asked by the new regional manager to until working at the office South Philly and I refused. This company is a corporation and physically deplete their managers
Pros
Too much focus on production and not the patients!
Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 14, 2018
Seemed like a great place to work but found many discrepancies within this company. Unfortunately, I was laid off after only 4 months of full-time employment! It took me over a year to get this job and then one day out of the blue, they just took the job from me for no real reason.
Run. Fast
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mid-west regionOctober 27, 2018
Run. Fast. No appreciation, no raises, company too concerned about buying up more offices than compensating current employees for their work. False promises. Heavy work load. Do more with less. Production minded management
Pros
Exceptional co-workers
Cons
Just a warm body, no appreciation, no raises, no annual reviews
Fast paced, production top concern
Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 4, 2018
There are some who are ethical in treatment, but most providers & managers are only concerned with how much money they can produce by padding treatment.
Benefits
October 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We should only present treatment needed by the patient. Please contact us at careers@dentalcarealliance.com so we can learn more.

big lack of communication
former employee (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 17, 2018
DCA investors only care about making money, don't care about the employees, everything is always a big secret, workload demand is not fairly compensated.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
October 8, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and apologize for this impression. We care about our team members and are continuing to share more communications across more mediums. You can always email us at careers@dentalcarealliance.com and we can direct you to the right contact. Thank you!

Great place to start/continue a career!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 16, 2018
I have been working with Dental Care Alliance for over 5 years. The support is incredible, the career advancement is amazing. When I first started with the company it was just to have a job, I never expected it would turn into a career. When I moved to a different state I was able to transfer to a location close to my new home. We treat our patients with the care they deserve and they come into our office feeling like it is a private practice!
August 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as part of the DCA family! We love promoting from within and your story is the perfect example of this. Thank you for your hard work to create a lifetime of healthy smiles for our patients!

Great place
Receptionist/Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Royston, GAAugust 9, 2018
Work hader. Take care of employees. Pay more. More vacys. More jobs.i need a job so bad I’m a single mom with two kids and I need day hours and a deck job
Pros
Idk
Cons
Idk
It was a nice place to work
Surgical Assistant/Dental Reception/Corporate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2018
It was a nice place to work. I traveled a lot and trained many people, I had opportunity for growth and advancement and benefits. Turn around is high and that can be a turn off for patients.
Pros
You meet a lot of people
Cons
turn around is frequent
July 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are looking into additional ways to keep employees engaged and reduce turnover.

Awesomeness
Dental Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 13, 2018
I loved working at Dental Care Alliance! My Regional Manager was awesome! I learned to be a better person and a better manager.
The hardest part of my job was keeping a dentist. Because of the area we were in not many dentists wanted to work there. My hygienist was great with her patients. Most enjoyable part of my job was my staff.
July 26, 2018

We really appreciate this glowing recommendation! Pennsylvania is a great region with awesome team members!

Traveling daily to different locations can be tough some are quite far away
Dental Assistant, E.D.A. (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Overall I have enjoyed my position very much. The Periodontist that I was working with has left the company. I have been offered another position with the company.
July 26, 2018

So glad to hear that we could offer you another position with the company. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Run
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
I struggle to find anything constructive about DCA. The upper level management is a joke. Doctors constantly quitting and patient care isn’t even a concern for DCA. I honestly feel sorry for the patients.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Unorganized, constant turnover, no communication, scheduling issues
July 26, 2018

Patient care is our #1 priority. I would like to learn more about your experience so we can improve the feelings in this area. Please contact us at careers@dentalcarealliance.com to schedule a time to connect. Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9