Dental Dreams Employee Reviews

Worst company/place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2019
I do not recommend this job to anybody. There is really no structure in this place and they make you do work that it seems the manager should be doing. They treat their employees and their patients like garbage, which explains why half of the patients leave on a daily basis before even being seen. The turnover rate for employees are very high and the wait time for patients is always almost an hour to two hours. I do not recommend working here or having anything to do with this business.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
20-30 min lunches with long shifts, health insurance, medical insurance, low pay for as much work you have to do including cleaning
Do not work here for this reason! (Thank me later)
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 13, 2019
PLEASE READ!!!

I never write reviews but I had to for this job. I would not work for the Dental Dreams at Ypsilanti, MI. I had an interview for the receptionist position but ended up a being Dental Assistant because they were short. They knew I had no experience in Dental but insured I could learn and they had proper training. THE LEAD Dental assistant who was suppose to train me did NOT do so, as she was so busy with working at the front desk the whole 3 weeks I worked there. So I had to learn the job from other dental assistants who not only been there for more than 3-6 months themselves. They tried there best training me as well as trying to do their jobs in a fast-faced paced work environment. I worked there not even a whole 3 weeks and got let go because the Manager did not feel I was up to speed. The Dental Assistants that trained me even told me it it took them 2 months to really be up to speed and know everything.On top of that they are very unprofessional they did not give me a warning or let me know where they felt I needed to work. Let alone did they give me proper training to be up to a speed they "needed". I WOULD not work here if you are looking for a real job to work at for a while or even experience because who knows if they will keep you. I literally came to work everyday READY to work and learn great attitude asking questions trying to learn and thats how they treat people. Very unorganized and unprofessional.
Pros
they let you take lunch breaks on the clock
Cons
poor training and management
Trash place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2019
Dont do this to yourself. its not worth it I promise. Bad management. lack of hours. lack of pay. terrible location. pretty much a slave. rat infested, terrible doctors.
If you’re looking for a long term office, this is not the company.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2019
This is not an office where you can stay long term because of the horrible time over rate, terrible managers, low wages and frankly they don’t care about their dental assistants at all. 40 hours a week is not a guarantee, (Hours are based off of the mangers relationship with you) no good benefits, lack of organization, lack of professionalism within the work place, lack of efficient training. Great for beginners who are trying to get their foot in the door but other then that, stay away at all cost. All this company cares about is money.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, No good benefits, not guaranteed 40 hours a week
Productive , not fun environment
Dentist (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 25, 2019
Good in general , money wise is very good but fast burn out, the management is very poor, the patient flow is high to the point you can not give your best quality, work more than 8 hrs a day according to the signed contract. Vacation benefit and malpractice benefit are good.
Pros
Money
Cons
Too many patients make you give less quality
Fast paced
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 21, 2019
More focused on quantity rather than quality. Very busy place and I did not believe patients received the best care they could get. Not much chance for moving up or increasing education.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, stressful, Payed little for how much work is done
unprofessional, unorganized, no structure
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 8, 2019
I do not recommend this job to anybody. They are very unprofessional with no structure and do not know how to give constructive criticism. They treat their employees and their patients like garbage, which explains why half of the patients leave on a daily basis before even being seen! The turnover rate for employees and dentists seems to be high and the wait is always almost an hour to two hours. They eat and play on their phones at the front desk as well as swear and talk badly about patients loud enough for other patients to hear. I do not recommend working here or having anything to do with this business.
Pros
money, experience
Cons
everything else!
I wouldn't recommend for people just entering the field
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI 48601December 13, 2018
It is very fast paced, which is normal in a health care setting. However, there was one dentist there who was very rude to me as I assisted him, mostly while a patient was in the chair. His brash way of correcting the assistant, while the patient was in the chair, was always humiliating and unsettling, and it sometimes made patients feel uncomfortable (you could tell by looking at them). The environment was sometimes unstable. On my first day, I was told not to be afraid to ask questions. Within a month and a half I got in trouble for asking questions. The clinical part of the office was usually very disorganized. There were many instances where things wouldn't get put back in there proper place; when I would go to look for something I would get in trouble for taking too long to find it because it wasn't where it was supposed to be. Patients would often wait more than one hour (sometimes two hours) before they were either called back or before they walked out. The patients that waited were usually quite upset because they had to wait so long. I recommend googling this facility before applying for the job, the reviews will tell you all about it.
They are just a terrible company.!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 10, 2018
There is nothing to look forward to. They mishandle employees, they don’t like giving raises according to your work ethic and when they do it’s $.50 there are power struck and money hungry.!
Pros
You run into some people who you may really like
Cons
You will hate the job
Worst workplace you could ever work in
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 3, 2018
Everything about this job was horrible, don’t waste your time. Management was very bad, regional manager very unprofessional. I’ve had a lot of bad jobs in my life but this one definitely won the trophy.
Cons
fun and extremely fast paced
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 20, 2018
co-workers and doctors are great but office is very fast paced and busy. see many patients in a day and no set schedule. very organized and well maintained.
Well organized, and productive.
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 19, 2018
My experience as an extern was quite interesting, I've learn how to keep up with an average day in the office. I did well keep up with the different routine of each dentist and learning to adjust very well with changed. I definitely cann say they taught me alot even things i didn't know. An achieve the agility to overcome many obstacles.
you can make money yet it is poorly managed
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2018
If you are willing to work from 10am to 7:00-7:30pm everyday and don't mind seeing 18-25 patients a day and only interested in the compensation, this is the place for you. You will often see that management would allow certain Doctors to choose their assistant(good ones) and would unfairly give most of the PPO/FFS pt's to the ones they like: meaning the doctor who produces the most;). You will also very often see that some doctors do not like to see emergencies and front desk dumps all the emergency charts into your bin. They do not want high producing doctor to be angry
You will have weekly Doctor's meeting with your regional manager where you basically come up with NO solution to any of the problems that doctors and staff have. You will hear your regional manager talking during these meetings and you will doubt yourself for a second if you really speak/understand English because points made (or at least were tried to be made) are usually nonsense. If you are already working for this company, you know what I am talking about :) :) :)
When you hear that you will have an assistant for each doctor, please do not believe in them. I unfortunately cannot say that we had one assistant for one doctor and floater everyday. Conversely; you will end up doing everything yourself at least half of the time you work.
Just so you know, they will cut $200 from each paycheck for "Miscellaneous" fees. What are they? God knows, because I haven't met anyone in the company who knows what is that for . That is little over 5K (26 x $200 ) from your yearly salary !!!
  more... They work with one of the worst dental labs in the world (yes; in the world, it goes to china) and I promise that even if you are the best dentist out there, you will often have serious issues with your cases (including but not limited to losing cases, open bites in dentures etc).
You will have some paid vacation days but you cannot use them during the notice period (that is if you decide to leave the company and give your notice). I have used all my vacation days before my notice. Make sure you do the same!
They will only pay some of your Malpractice/Health Insurance not all of them.
Compensation is fair if you like to work hard but I do not think it is worth working with them if you are getting base minimum.
I have written down what my observations were while I was working with them. My points might sound subjective, however you can confirm my points with any other working dentist at dental dreams. Good luck!
Pros
Cons
no lunch breaks
Good work place
Assist Dentist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2018
Everyone helped each other out when needed. A great place to start off with to gain experience. It was never a time I had a problem or couldn't go to no one for help. They just don't pay you enough if you don't have experience.
Fun workplace but BAD MANAGER
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2018
The second manager we had was more flexible than the new manager that just got off training. The new manager has the WORST attitude, tries to put the regional manager against the whole front desk (especially the bilingual receptionists) & expect to see more than 100 people a day when barley anybody wants to come because of the work the old doctors did poorly & the lack of attention that they get from the new manager when they need a problem fixed. Would prefer old manager back (that got fired unfairly).
Cons
Short breaks, Attitude Issues, Poor Manager Skills
Very stressful and high paced job
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 18, 2018
Dental Dreams is a very stressful work environment. Many patients have to be seen in order to accomplish production goals; which is everything they care about. Patients quality of care is not a priority in this workplace.
Cons
Too many patients, stressful
Dental dreams is not the ideal place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2018
I would recommend applying somewhere else. It’s very overwhelming and stressful they’re main focus is getting at least 70 patients in everyday. They don’t care about they’re Staff and management is horrible.
Cons
Short break
Go somewhere else
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 1, 2018
I worked for dental dreams and it’s a lot of stress and nonsense ...there are some good doctors but some are horrible and will put fillings where there are none and or pull your bone out with your tooth NO EMPATHY FOR KIDS NO COMPASSION...all for the money...
fast pasted work environment
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILSeptember 26, 2018
this is a very busy dental office, with a lot of accommodations. They have a great team work place. there is a lot of opportunity to make extra money if you make the numbers.
I recommend getting your experience and leaving.
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 17, 2018
A Typical day at Dental Dreams starts off very stressful and overwhelming. If you are checking in it is the worst you are the only receptionist checking in. Your co workers don't bother to help you they look the other way. When checking in can be up to 70 patients in a day,the patients can get very frustrated due to the wait sometimes they wait up to 2 hours with an appointment.The receptionist gets pressured to over book or else we will lose hours. Dental dreams does not care about any employee they will send you home if the office becomes slow. So unfairness goes on,some girls take longer lunch breaks and go to appointments while being clocked in.The manager says nothing. Also the manager lets certain girls bring they kids into work but not others. they don't pay you for holidays or sick days. you don't make enough to even get the insurance the company offers. The only good thing you get out of dental dreams is the experience. And the option to call off and request days off. The only good thing about dental dreams are the very good down to earth Dr's and they are so helpful teaching you new things everyday about dental.
Pros
you don't have to clock out for lunch.
Cons
request days off with no issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight