Dental Dreams Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Stay Far Away....
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2019
I wish I could speak up my mind to everyone and say how low I think of this company.
They do not appreciate hard work, manager controls how dentists see patients and how long they take. There is a TON of pressure on production and numbers. If you don't 'produce' they will threaten your job and/or take away the minimum guarantee. Money is all they care about. They say that they have mentors and people that will help you, but that is a total empty promise. No one will help you. You are on your own!
So many different adjustments being cut from your paycheck for no apparent reason. They literally take your money from you.
Trust me when I tell you, do your research. The money they offer with the locations is not worth it AT ALL. You could do so much better elsewhere.
They make you see 30 patients a day, who care if you are in the office until 8:30PM?? Not them. Who cares if your shoulder hurts? No them. You don't even get a thank you at all. You barely even get a lunch break, let alone a balanced life-work environment. The employees are rude to dentists, and no one shows any respect to dentists or any appreciation. The front desk will switch around PPO/Medicaid patients based on which dentist they like more. They will manipulate the schedule based on how they want to make goals and get bonus. They do not care about patients. They have patients walk out every single day because of wait time. Even if patient's show up super late they will still see them. They will have about 60 patients booked for each dentist everyday. If another dentist calls in sick, they won't cancel the
  more... patients and just have the other dentist see extra, extra patients.
During the last 90 days of you giving them notice to leave, you will see so many adjustments, you will be threatened to pay $500/day for every day you call in sick. They will seem like they care about you, but they really do not. Trust me.
Trust me when I tell you, this company only cares about money.
Pros
None.
Excellent Place to Work
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2019
Overall good experience and nice people. Dentists help each other out and new hires assistants willing to learn. Regional manager and office manager easy to talk to.
Great Place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2019
A fun place to work. Good challenges that help you grow. Great Bosses and management that allow you to ask questions, make mistakes and grow from those mistakes.
This work place can cause an anxiety issue or even a nervous breakdown.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2019
Too many patients not enough care. They push the managers to make Doctors see more patients. They cause the managers to over book the schedule, that's why patients complain about the wait times. The managers are told on a constant basis ( not by all the regional managers) that they can give their two weeks if they can make goal or "if this isn't for you". They pay you a salary that is not enough for what you are doing and tell you that if you make bonus every month that it will get you to what your asking for. They tell you that bonus is possible every month but it really isn't, unless you pack the schedule in a way that is ridiculous or take people off the schedule and still have them on the side but not on the computer. It's really hard to meet their goal. Most managers that meet goal monthly are taking patients off the schedule and putting the or rather Printing out the route sheets and putting them on the side. The owners may not know this is happening not the regional/brother in law but this is how it's done. This is what a manager has to do to make bonus on the off months. The poor receptionists get an ear full every time they don't make their numbers and patients get called three or four times a month, it's an awful way to run a business. It's a revolving door at most dental dreams clinics. With all staff including the managers. If they offer you a position just say no. You'll be better off.
Pros
Free dental
Good experience
Full-time Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Dental dreams gave me the chance to learn and get experience.I have learn so much from this job.The coworkers were very sweet and honest and helped me all the way.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Overwork
Productive work place
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2018
Steady work place. New patients daily. Great co workers. Everyone stays productive. Flexible hours. Some what challenging work place. Always have new employees though
Pros
Free parking/close to CTA bus & train
Cons
Flexible Workplace
Company
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
Company does not care about their employees and they have a lot of favoritism. It is really unorganized and the work is never done properly. There was many occasions where patients would come in and they would wait up to 2 hours to be seen.
Dental
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
I give this company a bad review. poor management, not a professional setting. But i did learn a lot of good skills that would help me to advance me to a better position in the dental field. The hardest part of my job was the lack of communication between supervisors employees and dentist and lack of organisation with employees and patients. The most employable part of this job was that i was able to give make my opinions and ideas to accomplish better service to our patients.
Pros
It was close to my house
Cons
The inviroment was not pleasant
Dont work for them
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2018
Dont work there. Horrible management, unprofessional culture, no career prospect, disrespectful to employees, low pay, no benefits. Extremely high turn over. People want to get out as fast as they can.
Divertido
Recepcionista/ asistente dental (Former Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisApril 22, 2018
mucho que aprender, uno siempre puede crecer con la compañía
Pros
Trabajo muy movido
Cons
No había tiempo de descansar
Dental Dreams
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2018
Not a company I would recommend. Too many bosses and not enough teachers. Management can be okay at times and then sometimes they are just unreasonable. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unprofessional
dental assistand
Dental Assistant and Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2018
The hours are long and there is no telling when you are getting out. The good thing is that you work 3 - 4 days out of the week. Another bad habit is that if equipment gets lost everyone working that day is responsible and it comes out of the paycheck.
Don't waste your time
Billing Collector (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Dental Dreams is a Terrible company to work for. No paid holidays, vacation time acculumates 2 hours every 80 hours a paycheck. Although, they give a flexible schedule the stress level and the amount of work management expect to be done is unrealistic. No security in this job, constant termination amongst employees. End of the month reports are required no matter what day it lands on, this is something that is not explained during the interview.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and lunch every Monday
Cons
Stressful, no paid holidays
Glad to be a dentist at Dental Dreams
VP of Clinical Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
Dental Dreams is a great company to work for. There are many outstanding people I work with day after day....simply outstanding people performing quality care.

The best part about working at Dental Dreams is that this is a family owned company and anyone can reach the owners.

Thus any issue is quickly handled from the top down.

Times can be fast paced, but the pace is balanced over the course of the average day.

I am glad to work here with some of the best people I have ever met in my life.
productive
Dental Head Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
teaches how to pore impressions, temp crown, use patterson, space maintainer , root canals, tools for ext . teaches you how to work in fast past environment.
Excellent employer that rewards hard work and effort
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
Dental Dreams is a excellent place to work if you are motivated. Those that work hard and perform well receive excellent rewards. It's a very supportive positive culture.
Pros
Hard work is rewarded
great place for experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
i got a good experience with them and i would love to thank them for the training and i just wanted better future and they are unable to provide that for me
fast pace
Front Desk Representative / Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
front desk representative , helped dental surgeon, cleaned patients mouth and got patients room ready for his/her dental visit. took images of teeth x-ray cleaned office and dental rooms
Horrible
Refuse to tell (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2017
Working for dental dreams was an absolute nightmare, highly stressful work environment, very disrespectful to their employees, and they pay the minimum. Nobody lasts here, everyone quit
Pros
None.
Cons
Over worked- under paid
Beware of this company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
This company could care less about its employees! All they car about is money and making more money. You can read all the good reviews but don't be fooled they have all the current employees fill them out to boost their ratings. If you want to work for a company who pretends to care about employees and patients then this is the company. The dentist are the ones who care but they are so overworked they can't do what they feel is proper treatment. I only gave 1 star because it made me
Pros
The staff and only the staff
Cons
Everything about this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight