Dental Dreams Employee Reviews in Harrisburg, PA

Fun workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 19, 2019
I enjoy my time working here. I have learned a lot so far. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for new opportunities and challenges. Everyone is willing to help each other which makes work fun.
No career invancement
Check-In Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Starting the day I had to verify insurance's for the people clients that had appointments that day. Then once the clients came in the I had to check them in, in this process I would update all demographic information, copy insurance cards, and took copays if needed.
Will never tell anyone to work here
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
The hours were long , Dentist were over worked and cranky because of it...patients would be waiting for ever for their appointments. Just bad all around.
Pros
Met some nice co workers
Cons
everything else
Opportunity to learn and grow with great management.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 9, 2016
I have been working at Dental Dreams for over a year, and i have had the opportunity to work with multiple Dentists. I enjoy learning from different Doctors to expand my knowledge in the dental field. The management is amazing and is always there for advice.
Pros
Great monthy bonuses when we meet goals!
Productive work environment
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2016
I graduated from Dental Assisting school in July of 2015 and had received my position as a Dental Assistant in August of 2015. I was very anxious as it being my first Dental Assisting position, I have learned a lot and there is more to learn from. I love my office manager, she is very flexible when it comes to needing a certain day off and she is very professional. I enjoy working with my co-workers, I get along with them.
Pros
Bonuses
Busy office, Lots of experience to be gained
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 1, 2016
As with any job, there is many pros and cons to Dental Dreams. The pay is decent, there is bonuses if production is met. There is room for advancement if you work hard. In the Harrisburg office the manager and staff are very concerned with patient care which makes it a great office to work for. There are no benefits other than a medical plan which doesn't cover anything and is unaffordable. And the hours really suck if you have a family at home to care for. 10-7 is pretty much your whole entire day.
Pros
Good experience, Bonuses, room for advancement
Cons
Hours (10 am-7ish pm), no benefits
Horrible Place to work
Patient intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 11, 2015
This company offers no job security and lacks the necessary training that is needed in order to correctly do your job. The patients are always angry due to long wait times and disorganization. Long wait times due to management being mandated to over book schedules to meet a monthly goal set forth by corporate office. They abuse the medicaid that they take and the dentists are told to do as much same day treatment as possible which always sets them behind. The staff is usually over worked and angry and so are the patients. It's never going to change due to the fact that the company cares more about money than the patients. Unfortunately, due to medicaid some of the patients have no other place that takes the insurance. The dentist's hardly get time to take breaks or eat and they are over worked. But dental dreams holds the Visa of many of the immigrant dentist that work there so they have to be there or have to work really hard to get out of contract. The good people they have usually don't stay due to the atmosphere. It's a high turn over rate.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
no organization; low pay; over worked
fast paced environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 27, 2015
seeing 35 to 40 patients a day, taking xrays, seating patients, keeping up with sterilization, taking notes, assisting the doctor, taking impressions, cleaning rooms
productive place
Receptionistq (Former Employee) –  harrisburg paJune 2, 2015
its a very busy place to work you have to be on your P's and Q's when working her overall a good place. my co workers were the best there to help you when needed , the hardest part of the job was trying to do insurance break downs but once you so it then it becomes easy.