Dental Dreams Employee Reviews in Lansing, MI

Horrible place overall
Reception (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 9, 2019
I cant say anything positive about working at this place. Manger is horrible and ways uptight. The place smells like cigarettes because the manger and workers have to got outside every 20 minutes. The dentist are always late and never want to do anything to help their patients because "they dont have time." I wouldnt recommend anyone working for them let alone getting service provided by them. There turn over rate is high due to lack of communication and poor management. Plan on dealing with patients getting upset due to waiting for 1 or 2 hours past their appointment time. I recommend throwing the whole place in the trash and starting over from scratch.
Pros
No longer working there!!
Cons
Everthing, manager, dentist, atmosphere
Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 18, 2019
I’ve only been here for a short time but so far I like working here. The manager is nice and always give you your days off you ask for and works with your life schedule!
Worst company/place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2019
I do not recommend this job to anybody. There is really no structure in this place and they make you do work that it seems the manager should be doing. They treat their employees and their patients like garbage, which explains why half of the patients leave on a daily basis before even being seen. The turnover rate for employees are very high and the wait time for patients is always almost an hour to two hours. I do not recommend working here or having anything to do with this business.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
20-30 min lunches with long shifts, health insurance, medical insurance, low pay for as much work you have to do including cleaning
No room for advancement
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 21, 2017
You work 10 hours or more with a 20 minute lunch break if you are able to get a lunch break. The doctors are over worked and they don't get a lunch break at all. I think it's unethical to work a employee that long without giving them a lunch break. No health insurance or anything.
Pros
It's a job
Awfully managed
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 6, 2017
The Lansing office in Michigan is a horrible place to work you are overly worked and treated horribly no matter how hard you work. Management will lie to you over and over again. No PTO no vacation days reasonable health insurance. No training manuals, so you're a basically just throwing out there to learn on your own ridiculous amount of daily calls to people who aren't even interested in the product.
Pros
Patients are great and doctors are good
Cons
Management, daily hours and cleaning.
Would not recommend
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 17, 2017
I loved working at dental dreams until we went through 3 managers in a span of 3 months. Co-workers and doctors are great. Management is a complete joke. Rude, demanding, you get your schedule the Friday before the start of the next week. No lunch break, by the time the patients get brought back in the chair they are annoyed because of the long wait time due to the front desk over scheduling. I do not recommend working here
Pros
Bonus if goal is made
Cons
Management.
Dental Nightmares !!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 29, 2016
Let me start off by saying don't waste your time working here, that anxiety crazed weirdo they call a manager Jennie Selhke is the WORST manager you will ever encounter. I guess that's why they don't do drug tests their because, she would fail herself !!! I can promise you working under her management you won't last more then 4 months tops as turnover is ridiculously high unless, your her minion. She will find ANY and EVERYTHING to write you up for under the sun, and will fire you with absolutely no reasoning !! Everybody that works there hates there life as they barely get any breaks, stupid hours like Mcdonalds, constantly being talked down too, and are worked like their in a sweatshop for VERY LITTLE pay. The doctors are in even a worse predicament as there trapped in their contracts with this worthless place and can't do adequate work as they're being rushed by this lady who just cares about seeing as many patients as she can to meet a goal she will never meet because, she can never keep a staff lol

Good luck to those that choose to take the opportunity of working for this corporation because, you'll definitely need it 👌😂😂
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
Everything !!!
Company does not care about their employees at all!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 1, 2016
Doctors are very kind and willing to teach. Management is horrible and only cares about pushing patients through the ops to meet "goal". No job security whatsoever!! Felt more like a fast food restaurant than a dental office
Pros
Great place to get experience since there is no training
Cons
Horrible manager