Dental Dreams Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Great Company to Work For
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2019
It is a great company to work for. It is a company that truly puts patients needs first. They care a lot about their employees and you can tell they are working to be better.
Horrible management
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2019
The worst place to work for. No opportunity to advance. Management is horrible. They don't pay well. They don't care about your family and they treat you that way.
Pros
Nice dentists
Cons
No benefits
It’s okay
PATIENT CARE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2019
You can learn a lot with this company but you basically teach yourself. They train you one day and then throw you on the floor. They don’t have flexible hours they only offer full time. The pay is not that good and they require a lot of work to be done.
Cons
Short breaks no benefits long hours
management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2019
This is a place just to come and get some experience, Management is horrible and treat their employees like they don't matter. They don't work with you if you need to change your schedule around.
Excellent Job
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2019
It’s an excellent job to work at, the managers work with you with your needs. The corporate is so big that if you move you will find another elite dental. Great career!
Pros
Works with you
Cons
Short break 30mins
Horrible Company
Bilingual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2019
I worked for this place for 4 and half months.. I have done everything to my power to do the best i could.. I get written up twice for minor error.. I dont get train properly and today the manager decided to fire me because as she says the job is not sticking or im not getting the hang of it.. This is unfair and unprofessional.. Manager has favoritism and hire who ahe likes. She always has an attitute and is so unapprochable.. She needs to be fired and have a new office manager..
Pros
Cons
Horrible work place
you can make money yet it is poorly managed
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2018
If you are willing to work from 10am to 7:00-7:30pm everyday and don't mind seeing 18-25 patients a day and only interested in the compensation, this is the place for you. You will often see that management would allow certain Doctors to choose their assistant(good ones) and would unfairly give most of the PPO/FFS pt's to the ones they like: meaning the doctor who produces the most;). You will also very often see that some doctors do not like to see emergencies and front desk dumps all the emergency charts into your bin. They do not want high producing doctor to be angry
You will have weekly Doctor's meeting with your regional manager where you basically come up with NO solution to any of the problems that doctors and staff have. You will hear your regional manager talking during these meetings and you will doubt yourself for a second if you really speak/understand English because points made (or at least were tried to be made) are usually nonsense. If you are already working for this company, you know what I am talking about :) :) :)
When you hear that you will have an assistant for each doctor, please do not believe in them. I unfortunately cannot say that we had one assistant for one doctor and floater everyday. Conversely; you will end up doing everything yourself at least half of the time you work.
Just so you know, they will cut $200 from each paycheck for "Miscellaneous" fees. What are they? God knows, because I haven't met anyone in the company who knows what is that for . That is little over 5K (26 x $200 ) from your yearly salary !!!
  more... They work with one of the worst dental labs in the world (yes; in the world, it goes to china) and I promise that even if you are the best dentist out there, you will often have serious issues with your cases (including but not limited to losing cases, open bites in dentures etc).
You will have some paid vacation days but you cannot use them during the notice period (that is if you decide to leave the company and give your notice). I have used all my vacation days before my notice. Make sure you do the same!
They will only pay some of your Malpractice/Health Insurance not all of them.
Compensation is fair if you like to work hard but I do not think it is worth working with them if you are getting base minimum.
I have written down what my observations were while I was working with them. My points might sound subjective, however you can confirm my points with any other working dentist at dental dreams. Good luck!
Pros
Cons
no lunch breaks
Very friendly working environment, as far as the employees and patients.
Dental Assistant- Extern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed my hours of externship at the Cottman Avenue site. I learned something new everyday that I worked in this office. The dental team that trained me was very helpful with questions that I had, and they were willing to show me every detail that I needed to know about being a dental assistant.
Pros
Gaining knowledge with a great and positive team of dentists, and dental assistants.
Cons
Not being able to do certain things inside the office because of not having proper licenses.
Great intern place. Probably a better workplace if you get hired through internship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2018
Interning at dental dreams was very intense. You had doctors who may have not agreed with the way that you worked. Which was good because sometimes you need constructive criticism. Then you had people who did agree with the way you worked which was fantastic.
No room for advancement
Lead Receptionist/Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19148June 22, 2018
I worked for them for almost two years never got a raise and the management within the office were okay. However regional management would place extra pressure on us to complete a quota but never really helped on how to do it.
Pros
Great co workers and customers
Cons
Short breaks and never really full time
Do not work here!! Horrible place to work!!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
So many other job out there. Do not apply, and waste your time. Other places pay way more then what these people pay and plus you’ll do less work. Stay away from this job.
Pros
Cons
Job sucks.
Horrible, really
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2018
And it has nothing to do with the people that work there. It's just the company... period. They don't pay enough and overwork you to death. They have to meet a quota everyday, so it's hard not to feel like you're working in a dental mill.
Pros
Nothing really
busy place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2018
my experience at dental dreams has been very unprofessional. The way the office is run is really horrible and the manager is rude to the patients and staff. Patients also wait a long time to be seen sometimes an hour to 4 hours.
Pros
learned alot from the office
Cons
no helathcare and short break
Horrible work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
horrible hours, long and hard days under poor management runs out of instruments everyday employees are loud and unprofessional. a lot of attitudes throughout the office
Productive work plaec
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2018
We answer phones , do call confirmations for appointments coming up. we work 10 hour shift and every other Saturday. Make schedules for doctors patients.The coworkers are really friendly and very helpful. The most enjoyable part about dental dreams is making family out of friends (co-worker).
Pros
We get every other weekend off
Cons
short lunch brake and long hours at work
Horrible Place
Dentist Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2017
They treat you like a slave.you work 12+ more hours. don't care if you have a family at home. don't recommend to no one.expect you to do everyone jobs with little pay
Horrible
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2017
Not a very good place to work. The pay is well below the average pay rate of an assistant. You are over worked and highly UNDER paid. The doctors are the only good thing about this place.
productive and fun workplace
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2017
great job,excellent benefits, great people.
i had a good experience and learned Alot.

My daily routine everyday was assisting the doctor in 4 handed dentistry,taking radiographs, alginate impressions and some customer service.
Pros
the employee shave excellent attiudes
Cons
a lot of work for little pay
Not a good place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2017
This was my first real work experience fresh out of school. This company is horrible. Extremely long hours and very little pay. The company doesn't care nor value their employees. Office Manager was evil, spiteful, petty and beyond unprofessional with both employees and patients. They can't keep a good team because the employees mostly quit and/or fired (even the doctors would quit) I would not recommend this company to anyone, not even as a patient because the wait time is extremely too long(2-4hrs) for it to be 12 op office.
Pros
Cons
1 30 min break on 10-11 hr shift, pay sucks, hates to pay OT.
it was ok and very interesting place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2017
The job was a lil overwhelming especially how they wanted to bring in the patients even if they were not interested I think there are other ways to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight