Dental Dreams Employee Reviews for Dental Receptionist

Fun environment
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 21, 2019
More training to better ourselves, better training, that’s pretty much it. Just more training on instruments and how to set up at work and things like that
Awesome environment
Dental Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 9, 2019
Great leaders
Awesome environment
Flexible hours place is always willing to teach and help you learn until you are comfortable enough to continue on your own.
Pros
hours
Cons
short hours
unprofessional, unorganized, no structure
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 8, 2019
I do not recommend this job to anybody. They are very unprofessional with no structure and do not know how to give constructive criticism. They treat their employees and their patients like garbage, which explains why half of the patients leave on a daily basis before even being seen! The turnover rate for employees and dentists seems to be high and the wait is always almost an hour to two hours. They eat and play on their phones at the front desk as well as swear and talk badly about patients loud enough for other patients to hear. I do not recommend working here or having anything to do with this business.
Pros
money, experience
Cons
everything else!
fast pasted work environment
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILSeptember 26, 2018
this is a very busy dental office, with a lot of accommodations. They have a great team work place. there is a lot of opportunity to make extra money if you make the numbers.
I recommend getting your experience and leaving.
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 17, 2018
A Typical day at Dental Dreams starts off very stressful and overwhelming. If you are checking in it is the worst you are the only receptionist checking in. Your co workers don't bother to help you they look the other way. When checking in can be up to 70 patients in a day,the patients can get very frustrated due to the wait sometimes they wait up to 2 hours with an appointment.The receptionist gets pressured to over book or else we will lose hours. Dental dreams does not care about any employee they will send you home if the office becomes slow. So unfairness goes on,some girls take longer lunch breaks and go to appointments while being clocked in.The manager says nothing. Also the manager lets certain girls bring they kids into work but not others. they don't pay you for holidays or sick days. you don't make enough to even get the insurance the company offers. The only good thing you get out of dental dreams is the experience. And the option to call off and request days off. The only good thing about dental dreams are the very good down to earth Dr's and they are so helpful teaching you new things everyday about dental.
Pros
you don't have to clock out for lunch.
Cons
request days off with no issue.
Awesome enviroment
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 21, 2018
Great leaders
Awesome enviroment
Flexible hours place is always willing to teach and help ypu learn until you are comfortable enough to continue on your own.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2018
Steady work place. New patients daily. Great co workers. Everyone stays productive. Flexible hours. Some what challenging work place. Always have new employees though
Pros
Free parking/close to CTA bus & train
Cons
Flexible Workplace
Company
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
Company does not care about their employees and they have a lot of favoritism. It is really unorganized and the work is never done properly. There was many occasions where patients would come in and they would wait up to 2 hours to be seen.
dental dreams
Dental Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2018
My overall experience with the company was pretty much wonderful. i would come in and check my schedule for the next the day to make a reminder call to my patients that they have an upcoming appointment. I would then check in my patients upon arrival to appointment for the day of! checking an patient in means verifying insurance to make sure patient is eligible to be seen! i would then take out my call log for the day in between patients i would go to my smart doc and try to schedule at least 300n or more patients to com back or there 6months routine cleaning! and the list goes on!
Stressful
DENTAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2018
Typical work day is just that TYPICAL. I have learned that dental receptionist do not have it as easy as it looks. Management is great at one office. The hardest part of the job CALLS
Terrible manager who plays favorites and is mean to her workers
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 26, 2018
Manger was moody and took it out on all of the workers. Everyone was always talking about getting a new job, she also played favorites. Stressful environment where everyone wanted to leave.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Short breaks, no dental insurance, terrible manager.
great place to get your foot in the door
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 30, 2017
if your just starting out this place will give you the experience needed. as far as working here and expecting fair pay, great management and awesome warming environment . this is not it. the patients are more often difficult than not.
Pros
great exerience
Cons
pay sucks, un sanitary
Bad place to work. Wouldnt recommend to anyone.
Dental Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 14, 2017
Dental Dreams is only interested in making money off the welfare system. They dont appreciate their employees. They treat the patients badly. Management promises to work with your availability then gets upset for requesting days off
Pros
Other employess are nice
Cons
Short or no lunch. Management unqualified and rude.
Only do it if your desperate
Front Desk Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2017
The job started off as any typical field would. I instantly knew this thing was going down hill. Its unprofessional, ghetto and I wouldn't recommend anyone I liked to go or work there!
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
Only here for experience
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  USAJune 29, 2017
Depending on where and whom you work with, it can be an okay place to work at. Overall, it's not a good place to work at if you plan on advancing within the company. I am glad to work here only because it gave me the experience and skills I needed if trained by the right person. Some people can be very unprofessional and lazy!
Pros
Experience with computers
Cons
Unprofessional people, people who don't take their job seriously
Don't do it
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMay 25, 2017
They overwork the staff and especially the doctors. Every month they want more and more. No paid vacation or sick days or 401k. Employees only get free dental because they make the dentist do the services for free. Manager was so rude and disrespectful had her favorites. Pay was very low for everything that was required even house keeping duties were our responsibility. Glad I left this nightmare.
Pros
monthly bonus we busted our behinds for
Cons
Everything starting from pay to not being appreciated
Horrible place to work
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2017
The pay is horrible. Management had no idea how to manage staff. No experience needed. They don't really train the new people.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
The pay, short staff, no raises, disrespectful managers
the worst
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Worst job ever! The Office manager is rude and has no problem fiuring you for no reason at all. Do not attemp to work for them and they pay minimum wage. Most miserable job I have ever had.
Fun when busy
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60609December 27, 2016
Working here is good, we check in patients verify ppo insurances and present treatment plans. The only thing that gets really frustrating is when we have to stalk the patients to come in to their appointments.
Manager is bad.
Dental Receptionist / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2016
The manager will swear at you and call you stupid. Swears with the patient and gossips all through the office. Some of the doctors were great but they did not like the manger or the way the office was running so a lot of them left. They will pay you as low as they can and work you like a slave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight