Dental Dreams Employee Reviews for Dentist

Stay Far Away....
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2019
I wish I could speak up my mind to everyone and say how low I think of this company.
They do not appreciate hard work, manager controls how dentists see patients and how long they take. There is a TON of pressure on production and numbers. If you don't 'produce' they will threaten your job and/or take away the minimum guarantee. Money is all they care about. They say that they have mentors and people that will help you, but that is a total empty promise. No one will help you. You are on your own!
So many different adjustments being cut from your paycheck for no apparent reason. They literally take your money from you.
Trust me when I tell you, do your research. The money they offer with the locations is not worth it AT ALL. You could do so much better elsewhere.
They make you see 30 patients a day, who care if you are in the office until 8:30PM?? Not them. Who cares if your shoulder hurts? No them. You don't even get a thank you at all. You barely even get a lunch break, let alone a balanced life-work environment. The employees are rude to dentists, and no one shows any respect to dentists or any appreciation. The front desk will switch around PPO/Medicaid patients based on which dentist they like more. They will manipulate the schedule based on how they want to make goals and get bonus. They do not care about patients. They have patients walk out every single day because of wait time. Even if patient's show up super late they will still see them. They will have about 60 patients booked for each dentist everyday. If another dentist calls in sick, they won't cancel the
  more... patients and just have the other dentist see extra, extra patients.
During the last 90 days of you giving them notice to leave, you will see so many adjustments, you will be threatened to pay $500/day for every day you call in sick. They will seem like they care about you, but they really do not. Trust me.
Trust me when I tell you, this company only cares about money.
Pros
None.
Excellent Place to Work
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2019
Overall good experience and nice people. Dentists help each other out and new hires assistants willing to learn. Regional manager and office manager easy to talk to.
you can make money yet it is poorly managed
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2018
If you are willing to work from 10am to 7:00-7:30pm everyday and don't mind seeing 18-25 patients a day and only interested in the compensation, this is the place for you. You will often see that management would allow certain Doctors to choose their assistant(good ones) and would unfairly give most of the PPO/FFS pt's to the ones they like: meaning the doctor who produces the most;). You will also very often see that some doctors do not like to see emergencies and front desk dumps all the emergency charts into your bin. They do not want high producing doctor to be angry
You will have weekly Doctor's meeting with your regional manager where you basically come up with NO solution to any of the problems that doctors and staff have. You will hear your regional manager talking during these meetings and you will doubt yourself for a second if you really speak/understand English because points made (or at least were tried to be made) are usually nonsense. If you are already working for this company, you know what I am talking about :) :) :)
When you hear that you will have an assistant for each doctor, please do not believe in them. I unfortunately cannot say that we had one assistant for one doctor and floater everyday. Conversely; you will end up doing everything yourself at least half of the time you work.
Just so you know, they will cut $200 from each paycheck for "Miscellaneous" fees. What are they? God knows, because I haven't met anyone in the company who knows what is that for . That is little over 5K (26 x $200 ) from your yearly salary !!!
  more... They work with one of the worst dental labs in the world (yes; in the world, it goes to china) and I promise that even if you are the best dentist out there, you will often have serious issues with your cases (including but not limited to losing cases, open bites in dentures etc).
You will have some paid vacation days but you cannot use them during the notice period (that is if you decide to leave the company and give your notice). I have used all my vacation days before my notice. Make sure you do the same!
They will only pay some of your Malpractice/Health Insurance not all of them.
Compensation is fair if you like to work hard but I do not think it is worth working with them if you are getting base minimum.
I have written down what my observations were while I was working with them. My points might sound subjective, however you can confirm my points with any other working dentist at dental dreams. Good luck!
Pros
Cons
no lunch breaks
Bad Company
Dentist (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 2, 2018
From top to bottom, this is a poorly run company. The emphasis on production at all costs really makes life terrible for the dentists, staff, and that trickles down to the patients.

Supplies are insufficient, cheap, or down right defective. The owners will try to intimidate dentists with the contract they hold over your head the minute you sign it, and if you give a 90 day notice, they will cut your pay so you're essentially working for free. If you leave before then, you will get sued for days scheduled to work that you didn't work.

I would not encourage any dentist to work with Dental Dreams; you're gambling with your license and patients' overall health.
Pros
A learning experience of how not to practice
Cons
Terrible management from top to bottom; no respect for Dentists
Did not enjoy working for this company
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 22, 2018
The company was poorly run from the top. There were not enough patients to fill a schedule and the management did not seem to care about that whatsoever.
Horrible Place
Dentist Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2017
They treat you like a slave.you work 12+ more hours. don't care if you have a family at home. don't recommend to no one.expect you to do everyone jobs with little pay
Terrible Company
Dentist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 18, 2017
Dental Dream is a terrible company, it's the last place you would want to work at as a dentist. just be patient and keep looking for the right opportunity.
Zero respect for dentists.
Pros
The last place a dentist would want to work
Dentist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 2, 2016
Everything is true: long hrs, no lunch breaks if busy, no respect from the management, lack of dental supplies, many patients heavily based on walk-in, mostly medicaid patients, administrative staff and dental assistants with attitude, management culture based on production vs.quality care. The worst part is that they don't let you get out of this horrible place until you clear the contract...sad.
Pros
could not find any
Cons
rude management, no lunch breaks, long hrs
very productive
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2016
Very busy office, great opportunity for new graduates. Highly recommended . Compensation is very good with minimum guaranteed compensation with great benefits.
Pros
Busy practice, comfortable hours. .
High volume office, autonomy with treatment planning
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2016
Dental Dreams offers great opportunities for recent graduates. The patient schedule is usually very full and there are few idle moments. The office manager, front desk staff, and dental assistants take care of all the logistics of running a dental office (scheduling, insurance billing, inventory, etc.) which allows the dentist to focus on the actual procedures and patients. There is a pretty high turnover of front desk staff and dental assistants (a lot of them leave the company for higher paying opportunities elsewhere), so a good amount of patience is required as new staff are frequently being trained. There are clinical directors who offer mentorship but also allow the dentists autonomy with treatment planning. Dental Dreams is a dental practice model that has proven to be very successful with many locations nationwide. There are frequently hectic times and dealing with patients who are aggravated after having to waited over an hour to be seen, but at the end of the day you are providing quality care to an underserved population.
Pros
High compensation potential
Cons
Limited benefits, long hours
Dental Dreams dental experience
Dentist (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 6, 2016
Typical day at work is seeing about 14 -18 patients a day. Most patients are medicaid and some patient's do not care about their teeth. Usually do not get lunch break so be ready to skip lunch when your busy. Quality of supplies and equipment are poor. Difficult to order specific supplies. Be ready to do surgical extractions without surgical handpiece. The management push hard to have you produce. Some assistants are good but there are ones that have an attitude. Hardest part of job is trying to do the work fast. They mostly give you medicaid patients about 90%. Fee schedule for medicaid is low.
Pros
Can see many patients.
Cons
Most patients are medicaid so you mainly do fillings, dentures, extractions. Rare to do crown/RCT.
learned a lot
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2016
very good placed to learn and start as an associate dentist. very nice and helpful colleague. however, some assistants are very laid back, not helpful and just want to leave.
Fun and an enjoyable place with nice people to work with
Dentist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2014
What i have learned working in the dental office is how dentists work and how to be a dentist assistant and secretary and most of all i learned to be a responsible person earning money with my hard work. I like to work in the dental office because the people i work with are nice and funny and i get along with them pretty good.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short breaks