Dental Dreams Employee Reviews for Office Manager

This work place can cause an anxiety issue or even a nervous breakdown.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2019
Too many patients not enough care. They push the managers to make Doctors see more patients. They cause the managers to over book the schedule, that's why patients complain about the wait times. The managers are told on a constant basis ( not by all the regional managers) that they can give their two weeks if they can make goal or "if this isn't for you". They pay you a salary that is not enough for what you are doing and tell you that if you make bonus every month that it will get you to what your asking for. They tell you that bonus is possible every month but it really isn't, unless you pack the schedule in a way that is ridiculous or take people off the schedule and still have them on the side but not on the computer. It's really hard to meet their goal. Most managers that meet goal monthly are taking patients off the schedule and putting the or rather Printing out the route sheets and putting them on the side. The owners may not know this is happening not the regional/brother in law but this is how it's done. This is what a manager has to do to make bonus on the off months. The poor receptionists get an ear full every time they don't make their numbers and patients get called three or four times a month, it's an awful way to run a business. It's a revolving door at most dental dreams clinics. With all staff including the managers. If they offer you a position just say no. You'll be better off.
Pros
Free dental
Dont work for them
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2018
Dont work there. Horrible management, unprofessional culture, no career prospect, disrespectful to employees, low pay, no benefits. Extremely high turn over. People want to get out as fast as they can.
stressful
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 6, 2018
Patient care is put last. Production is the only thing that matters. you away. You can never care or do enough for this company. Owners don't care about you at all.
Stay Away
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 13, 2017
This is not a pleasant place to work. If you enjoy the upper management treating you unfairly or talking to you in a very disrespectful way then this is the place for you. They do not provide quality care and if you do your research on the company you will find out they are less than honest.
Stay away
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 26, 2017
I worked for this company for a year and it was the worst year of my life. This company does not care about its employees. All they care about is how much money the doctors are making per patient. The upper management is rude and condescending, The owners are rude and degrading. I do not think ANYONE should be sworn at in their workplace. If you enjoy being overworked and disrespected this is the perfect place. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Free Dental For workers
Beware of this company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
This company could care less about its employees! All they car about is money and making more money. You can read all the good reviews but don't be fooled they have all the current employees fill them out to boost their ratings. If you want to work for a company who pretends to care about employees and patients then this is the company. The dentist are the ones who care but they are so overworked they can't do what they feel is proper treatment. I only gave 1 star because it made me
Pros
The staff and only the staff
Cons
Everything about this company
Great work place with room for advancement
Office manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 22, 2016
I have been a manager with Dental Dreams for a little over a year and I must say it's been pretty rewarding. We have a monthly goal that yields a bonus, which our office has been able to meet almost every month. We are given the tools and resources needed to be able to succeed. The expectations are very reasonable and the list of people available to help is endless.

Daily tasks are given and once they are completed you can then spend time helping the other employees. It is pretty stress-free for the most part as long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, autonomy to run offices accordingly.
Cons
No 401k
Office manager
Office manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, nmAugust 19, 2016
I like the enviroment that I work in. Its extremely busy and can get tough but I have fun with my staff and my staff is hard working and the day goes by very quickly! As a manager one of the hardest part of my job is being able to step away from my reports and being able to spend more time with my staff whether that's one on one or helping them with day by day duties and patient flow. I have really hard days but I also have really enjoyable days with my employees.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long hours, no family life
Productive Work Environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2016
I enjoy working for this company as a OM you are responsible for the entire office which makes it a productive and busy work day. I love that because the day goes by very fast. I have learned alot working for this company.
I also love my regional managers they are always there when i need them.
Pros
Bonus System, Monthly Staff Lunches
Cons
No 401K
Great Company to work for.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
I love working for Dental Dreams I have an awesome Regional Manager that have taught me so much about the company.
I work with a great team that works to the fullest to meet our company goals.
Dental Dreams offer a great benefit package which includes paid vacations.
I could not ask for a better job.
Pros
As a manager I do not have to work on Saturdays
Cons
Long work days.
Work Hard Play Hard
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 5, 2016
As OM you are going to work very hard. You are responsible for the entire office, however you are compensated, you get a bonus and you feel a sense of accomplishment.

The Practice is owned by Family so they treat you as Family and are concerned about your family and you as an individual. You're not just a number.

I am impressed by all this Dental Practice has achieved and continues to do.
Pros
Family Owned, Rewarding, Lots of Support
Cons
No 401K
Fast Paced Awesome company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2016
Having both a clinical and a business background makes this a great management position for me. A typical day is non-stop from the minute you walk in the door until the time you leave. To be as successful as I have been you have to be able to multitask and be very detail oriented. The formulas set forth by regional and corporate are concise. Adjusting to the ever changing Medicaid and Insurance arena is challenging at times. The staff and Doctors that I work with are really great. Expectations are set, goals are met and our patients are well cared for. This company demands excellence in the management of it's offices and accordingly rewards well when you succeed.
Pros
Company loyalty. Hard working Doctors and support staff, Salary and incentive package, Great patient base who appreciate the care.
Cons
Work/life balance challenging at times
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILAugust 1, 2016
The hours are great!!!!! During our corporate events, we interact with owners, doctors and other managers!

The company is consistent - very direct - and expects employees to work! The same as any other company.

The benefits are EXCELLENT! It is very family friendly.

I recommend this company if you are looking to LEARN, ADVANCE and GROW!
Pros
Corporate Events, Monthly Office Lunches, Bonuses
Enjoyable place of work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 13, 2016
Dental Dreams is a very enjoyable place of work. As an office manager, I really love working here. You learn something new everyday. The job may get challenging somedays but that is just motivation to do better. I have a supportive regional manager who is available at all times, any questions or concerns she is there for you. The doctors and staff are great. We all work as a team!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not enough recognized Holidays
great place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 20, 2015
I have worked for Dental Dreams for almost 2 years and I love my job. I work with a great staff that enjoys helping people. The doctors are knowledgeable and work hard to provide outstanding dental care to their patients. Senior management has always been very helpful and supportive as well as providing a challenge for business growth. My regional manager is amazing as she is consistently providing positive reinforcement and always available to provide guidance when needed. It is truly a great place to work.
Pros
fosters and instills integrity
Cons
none I can think of
Questionable place to work
Office manager (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 25, 2015
Medicaid dental offices , business model is to overbook which leads to extremely long wait times. Stressful environment for front end staff due to leadership demands and patient dissatisfaction. Company owned by very greedy foreigners who have taken advantage of increased Medicaid expansion program. Most dentist who work for the company are here on work visas with the company and not trained in the states.

I worked there for one year and saw some questionable dental work. But since the patients are on Medicaid and not paying for the service they don't realize the work is low in quality.

Most of the offices are well designed and new.....If only the work environment was as good as the place looks
Pros
Super busy the day goes fast
Cons
Everything from management to culture
Do not apply here!!! No job security!!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MAJune 28, 2014
This so- called dental office! They are under staffed and do not care about patients! The cooperate office in Chicago are very disrespectful to their staff members.., they swear at them, threaten them, belittle them, oh and yes make inappropriate advances to them as well. All they care about is money and money .. NOTHING MORE! You are just a number there .. A short stay and never get comfortable at this joke of a dental office -- Look them up, the offices are all located at low income states and city = public aid = insurance fraud = over treatment and unneeded treatment on any patient that works through their door. After working there for over 4 years, I realized that all the stress and anxiety was from working there. Be warned -- you will never amount to anything at this company except for a number.. Your clock just ticks and you never when you hard, honest work will be FIRED FOR NO REASON AT ALL!! Another thing -- be careful who you think is your friend and or is a honest person -- they are all back stabbers and will use you for their own advancement !! Promise are just a word and raises are seldom. Working salary is suppose to be 40 hours as a manager but you end up working 60 or more.. For only the lowest salary possible ..

Board of health has been to the offices numerous times!!
Pros
Zippo!!
Cons
Nothing as well!!
I enjoyed this job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2014
Every day was different, working with the Dentist we would see different patients everyday. So there was never two days alike. I would learn something new everyday from a new patient about what they did for work or how they did their work. I was management, I was constantly on the move helping the Doctor or on the phone, helping one of the assistance or a patient. I was very busy all day and stayed after work on most days to catch up on my work. I loved working with the kids, they hated getting their teeth cleaned or worked on but when it came time to pick a toy out of the toy chest they just loved that moment.
Pros
I worked with many people everyday
Cons
I worked very long days
This company is very cheap
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 28, 2013
They are cheap, only hire untrained staff to keep their cost low.
Horrible place to work. Management is verbally abusive to staff
Dental Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2012
Would not recommend working for this company!! The management yells and curses at the staff. And insults under producing Dentists.
Pros
good pay for management
Cons
high stress over uncontrollable circumstances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight