Dental Dreams Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Worse place ever
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 27, 2019
Manager plays favorites. She is a bully that loves to belittle her employees. Likes to see her employees fearful. Absolutely horrible person and manager
Pros
Once a month free lunch
Cons
Poor pay
Helpful staff
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  WaukeganJune 14, 2019
Great company gives a lot of hours , nice for a sit down office full time job very helpful staff and respectful dentist nice to have sundays off also would recommend for anyone who wants office experience.
Pros
Hours, friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks
Save Your Time
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 12, 2019
This is not a receptionist job, this is a telemarketing job with the added work load of working the front desk and answering the constant phone ringing . They expect you to make 50 calls an hour and then report after each " Call sheet" how many appointments you booked , then are given another one . The customers dont want to be bothered , they hang up on you , cuss or just dont answer the phone at all. If they were upfront about the job expectations , it would have saved their time and mine. I'm not sure how they are in business.

300 Calls a day is a telemarketing job .
a good learning place
Dental Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 3, 2019
Doctor are great the best. They did make worker feel comfortable. Really professionals, Miss them, i do thank all of them, for everything that i did learn.
Dental Nightmare
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 27, 2019
Manager was very unprofessional. Staff did not respect doctors. I think corporate needed to make unannounced visits. Office staff knew the days corporate was visiting & put up an act. It was ridiculously funny. Almost made me want to pull him aside and let him know
management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2019
This is a place just to come and get some experience, Management is horrible and treat their employees like they don't matter. They don't work with you if you need to change your schedule around.
Don’t do it
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 23, 2019
Do not waste your time! Horrible company to work for, you get paid absolutely nothing to do so much they want you to make phone calls to patients that do not want to be seen and if you do not make a certain amount of phone calls you get in trouble or yelled at by a regional manager that comes around maybe once or twice a month and threatens you and your job. They want us In the front to clean their whole office(including bathrooms) and do everything else in a timely manner for minimum wage. You do not get a proper training and are left to fend for yourself but if you get things incorrectly you get yelled at. Stay away I’m telling you
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place overall
Reception (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 9, 2019
I cant say anything positive about working at this place. Manger is horrible and ways uptight. The place smells like cigarettes because the manger and workers have to got outside every 20 minutes. The dentist are always late and never want to do anything to help their patients because "they dont have time." I wouldnt recommend anyone working for them let alone getting service provided by them. There turn over rate is high due to lack of communication and poor management. Plan on dealing with patients getting upset due to waiting for 1 or 2 hours past their appointment time. I recommend throwing the whole place in the trash and starting over from scratch.
Pros
No longer working there!!
Cons
Everthing, manager, dentist, atmosphere
Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 18, 2019
I’ve only been here for a short time but so far I like working here. The manager is nice and always give you your days off you ask for and works with your life schedule!
Disgusting management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAApril 8, 2019
They don't care about patient needs. They only care about meeting the monthly goal.
Horrible amateur management. I wouldn't recommend this job to a homeless person.
I would never take my child here. The dentist are all inexperienced. BEWARE
Pros
Cons
Complaining patients every other appointment.
Only thing I got was experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2019
I only recommend this place to get experience, but other than that you would be staying late past closing hours. You can’t beg people to come in if they don’t want to.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, have to call so many people, no paid time off or sick days, had 3 different managers, stressful, and staying late
busy
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 19, 2019
Very busy dental office ,which is good because then you stay busy It is a good job to have. working with great people.
greeting customers, filing charts, pulling customers charts in the morning.
Worst company/place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2019
I do not recommend this job to anybody. There is really no structure in this place and they make you do work that it seems the manager should be doing. They treat their employees and their patients like garbage, which explains why half of the patients leave on a daily basis before even being seen. The turnover rate for employees are very high and the wait time for patients is always almost an hour to two hours. I do not recommend working here or having anything to do with this business.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
20-30 min lunches with long shifts, health insurance, medical insurance, low pay for as much work you have to do including cleaning
Trash place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2019
Dont do this to yourself. its not worth it I promise. Bad management. lack of hours. lack of pay. terrible location. pretty much a slave. rat infested, terrible doctors.
They are just a terrible company.!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 10, 2018
There is nothing to look forward to. They mishandle employees, they don’t like giving raises according to your work ethic and when they do it’s $.50 there are power struck and money hungry.!
Pros
You run into some people who you may really like
Cons
You will hate the job
Worst workplace you could ever work in
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 3, 2018
Everything about this job was horrible, don’t waste your time. Management was very bad, regional manager very unprofessional. I’ve had a lot of bad jobs in my life but this one definitely won the trophy.
Fun workplace but BAD MANAGER
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2018
The second manager we had was more flexible than the new manager that just got off training. The new manager has the WORST attitude, tries to put the regional manager against the whole front desk (especially the bilingual receptionists) & expect to see more than 100 people a day when barley anybody wants to come because of the work the old doctors did poorly & the lack of attention that they get from the new manager when they need a problem fixed. Would prefer old manager back (that got fired unfairly).
Cons
Short breaks, Attitude Issues, Poor Manager Skills
Would reccomend to get experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 30, 2018
My experience at Dental Dreams was ok. They worked with my schedule which was a plus and I learned everything I needed to learn for my experience in front desk. Bonus was good, but goals were sometimes ridiculous. It is not a long term job unless they pay you well.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Low pay, to much pressure from owners
Coworkers made it a decent place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 29, 2018
Typical day at work was stressful patients were very rude. But understandable due to having to wait for hours because owners wanted to triple schedule.
Business was unprofessional , owners were more money hungry than anything. Really didn’t train me threw me at everything so then I would learn .
Pros
Coworkers
worst company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  LeominsterJune 19, 2018
TERRIBLE!!!! Company to work for. Boss was childish, didnt know how to manage an office. Lied about pay hours. Patients were great! Staffing and everything about the company itself????absolutely terribly
Pros
nothing
Cons
quitting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight