Dentons Employee Reviews

Dentons is a good place to work.
Director of Diversity (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
Dentons is a good place to work. A typical day provides opportunity for learning, sharing, and growing professionally. The management is interested and committed to creating a productive work environment where employees are valued and appreciated. The mission and goal is to maximize on the diversity and talent employees bring to the Firm.The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the belief there is potential for growth and that your colleagues are all interested in the well-being of you as an individual as well as, the Firm.
Pros
Prestige, Reputation, Brand
Cons
Silo's
not a balanced environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2018
Depending on your position at the Firm your experience can be different. However there is no moral at the Firm nor is there a balanced life. Expect to work 10+ hours a day with zero appreciation for the time you are putting in. Management here is a joke, their priorities are completely backwards and their desire to keep employees happy is non existent.
Dsyfunctional Firm
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
Firm headed in wrong direction.

No communication with management and employees.

High turn over in attorneys. Health insurance is expensive.

HR is upside down.
Pros
Donuts
Cons
No direction in management
Good experience for a law firm
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2018
Dentons was a part time job for a contractor in SF. Scope of work included supporting attorneys and paralegals. Gained experience in citrix virtual environments .
Freelance Translator
FreelanceJapanese Translator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2018
I worked in this office as a freelance Japanese translator. The staff is considerate and follows through on every project. The attorneys are knowledgable in their field.
Good place to work.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dentons. It is a productive, fast-paced work environment. The overall culture was friendly, but could be stressful at times. Salary could have been more competitive with other law firms of the same size in the area.
good company
Patent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2018
good, friendly environment and people work 37.5 hours per week. Work office is good, nice place o work. Dentons has a wide variety of lawyers. good company to work for
Not a positive work environment
Managing Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 24, 2018
The hours requirement is very high. My old firm merged and was paying a lot more which meant raises and bonuses were barely anything at Dentons. When we merged we were basically told we had to work harder and get paid less.
Fun workplace
SNR DENTON (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
It is a ok place to work. The people are nice, and it offers fun stuff here and there. It is your typically Law Firm environment. Not much room for growth,
excellent workplace
Litigation Record Specialist/ IP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2017
Working for Palmer Staffing Service at Dentons LLP was a very enjoyable experience. During my time there I have learned three major softwares which is legal key, file surf and file trail.
new management
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
working with fellow coworker was great. everyone is so helpful and friendly. working with management was another story. working there was stressful. did not know if you were going to be working for long since management was reducing employment
Pros
fellow coworkers
Cons
management does not care about their staff
Work environment felt like family
Network Administrative Assistant / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Exciting work environment, everyone was helpful. Professional environment and management ran a tight ship. Kept the work flowing and kept us learning if we did not know something.
Great place to work, people are fantastic and professional.
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Although everyone is over allocated, everyone finds time to make light and make the workday seem shorter. I learned how to remain calm and professional in the face of stress. The culture is that chaos rules and no project lasts more than 30 days even if the scope tells a different story. The hardest part of the job is teaching others that project management will make their lives easier.
Pros
Regular catered events
Cons
Workload can be unmanageable
The corporate folks are fun; the litigators are two-faced
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 25, 2017
I worked as a Contract Attorney and was promised a substantive evaluation when one of the Associates came back from maternity leave. When she came back, no substantive review and my hours dried up so I was making nothing.
Pros
Big name firm
Cons
Dysfunctional law firm masquerading as a big name firm
Work Day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Administrative AssistnatApril 4, 2017
Typical Work Day: Extremely high volume, must be able to multi-task. Always high volume of calls, booking meetings, ordering food, client relations and much more. Must have proper communication and organizational skills.
Fast pace and ever growing environment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2017
Often long days and weekends worked. Good compensation and a very good company to work for. With such a fast pace and very large growth pattern the work load must be self regulated but management is not over bearing on this aspect.
not what I expected
IP Project Coordinator/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2017
Merger occurred shortly after I took position.
What a mess - so unorganized.
small group of us moved while rest of firm was scheduled to move 8 months later (meantime we had to work on 2 separate computer system) it was a nightmare
A beautiful day working out on the water.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 19, 2016
once everyone was clocked in at 7am everybody soon found out where they needed to be. I was on the main deck plaid welding some platforms. It was a nice dry sunny day. Everyone that i could see was enjoying their day at work. convercated a little bit here and there. before i knew it we had done ate lunch and was headed back to clock out. That was a pretty good day at work for everyone.
Dentons
Interim HRIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2016
Work environment is great good people to work for! Good location great view good pay. I love working here, it was like a dream come true.
Pros
Basically everything
Cons
Advancement
Quiet place
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Not a lot of interaction with staff. Dentons is a world wide firm. We do very little communications with the attorney. We work with the secretarys to get out invoices out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dentons. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss