Dentsply Sirona Employee Reviews

Big corporation with all the good and bad that comes with it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2018
This is a company that treats salespeople relatively well, especially if they pay proper homage to their managers. Basic sales training is very thorough and valuable. The challenges are average product lines acquired with no overall strategy, ill-supported by a very weak product management function. The sales function has to make up for all of these shortcomings, which creates stress on the whole system.

A constant reliance on buying new market share through mergers & acquisitions, instead of strategic product line investment and development, also meant that territories, product lines, and reporting structures were always changing, which was a barrier to personal success and fulfillment in a lot of cases.
Pros
Fair compensation, big-company stability & structure
Cons
Lack of flexibility, rigid culture
Accomedating
Summer Internship - Dentsply Sirona (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 21, 2018
The internship was unstructured because the position was very last minute. The team was very open and accommodating. I was able to learn new things about the trade and apply what I had learned previously in my studies.
Factory Work
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEMay 7, 2018
Worked there for years. The company was overall good. Room for a lot of overtime and growth within the department you are working. Three shift options and very family oriented.
Pros
yearly gatherings
Cons
poor pay, poor management
Decent Company to Work for if you're ok with no advancement
Inside Account Manager Northeast Territory (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 4, 2018
Good company to work for. The upper mgmt team is excellent, the supervisors, not so much. There is absolutely NO room for advancement here. Even the supervisors are hired from outside. We went through 4 the time I was there and all of them were hired from the outside.
Pros
Good work/life balance, great benefits and competitive pay
Cons
no growth, and supervisors are worthless
No trust zone
Trade Show Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
zero communication from upper management, very unethical behavior from many, no life-work balance. lack of trust is the biggest issue there. if you like and enjoy brown nosing; then this is your place of work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
horrible bosses!
Great company
Vice President and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2018
a lot of changes in culture in front of it, as the merger comes together

Great brands

Great people

Great industry

Good comp

evolving culture
Pros
challenge
Exciting and fun place to work.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 13, 2018
A great company to work for. People were a tight-knit group that always worked together for a common goal. Great work home balance. Company was interested in my professional and personal growth.
Great Place To Work-family atmosphere
Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2018
They do not micromanage and allow you to do your work as you see fit as long as you achieve results. I would go back there if they had openings. Good company to work for
Pros
end of the month free lunch
Cons
In some ways it is like a call center
Corporate legal dept
Former employee in Corp legal (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 4, 2018
Recommend staying away from job opportunities in corporate, particularly corporate legal. Was great place to work before merger in 2016. Environment declined drastically in October 2018.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful, managers lack experience and have no desire or ability to resolve issues within the department.
Great job
Department Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, GAApril 4, 2018
Wonderful job. Balance is life and work. Pay was great. Had lots of fun and met great people. I learned alot of skills that I took with me to the next job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job moved to Florida
Fantastic Place to work
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 4, 2018
Great company with tons of room for advancement and a lot of care given to the employee moral. Amazing benefits and plenty of work sponsored events. Great PTO and UTO program. Favorite job of I've ever had.
It is a very good company.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 29, 2018
Dentsply Sirona is a very good company. Good people, good management. The company has very good benefits, there is a good opportunity to learn some thing new.
Solid company with horrible pay
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 21, 2018
Yes Dentsply Sirona is a solid company, management is excellent, supervisors are very helpful. Other associates are helpful as well, will assist you with any question you have, very fast paced atmosphere. Have the choice to do some overtime on weekdays and weekends. Good benefits as well IF you are hired and officially part of Dentsply (temps are exempt from this) Cons: the pay (do so much for so little, does not add up) and work/life balance. I’d suggest fixing that issue if management sees this.
Pros
Good atmosphere, management/supervisors, benefits
Cons
Pay (suffering)
quick paced, family oriented
Ax Support (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 4, 2018
Worked 6, 8 hour days/ nights. I worked 3rd shift, Sunday night through Friday night. The best part about working at DENTSPLY was the fact that they offered excellent benefits and the family oriented atmosphere. The hardest part was that we worked a lot of hours, which is a plus as well.
Pros
Excellent benefits, decent pay
Cons
3rd shift
Would not recommend
Territory Manager-Hygiene (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2018
Very cut throat environment, poor leadership, high turnover, aged products, limited R&D, poor benefits, micro-managed, and extremely poor compensation structure.
Great Company to grow your skills
District Manager (Former Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 25, 2018
I was challenged and grew my business with them 200% . They were fast growing and demanded the growth yearly. Going public changed the company attitude.
Pros
Strong Products
Cons
Saw employees as disposible
Excellent organization
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Worked with a great team. Challenging projects. Result driven with a emphasis on team building. Global leader in the dental healthcare. Management supportive in career development.
Benefits
Worst Job Ever
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Sad. Unacceptable behavior by management and Supervisors. If you liked high school antics you'll love this job. Would expect fair and equal treatment for employees from a company that thinks so much of themselves. A total waste of time.
Pros
A, paycheck
Cons
Treats employees like criminals
Great place with good benefits and great people.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 10, 2018
I really love to work for Dentsply. I grew a lot through my 18 years. I started as a bone cutter at R&D department and seven years ago took a opportunity and move to a quality department to performed returned product investigations. The culture of the people that make up the company are great, and most of the management team at the executive level are of the highest caliber. The part I enjoy the most is being part of a hard working team that was supportive and engaged in their work.
Was awesome place to work; Now, not so much
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Merger of DENTSPLY with Sirona has yielded a much more stressful work environment. There is significant pressure to reduce costs (managers asked to give back budget $ before year end, travel restrictions for marketing, there was a cutback on having lunches during meetings over lunchtime, etc). Major division recently closed and top 8 executives at corporate "retired" (I thinks this translated to "were retired").

Products are excellent as is service. Generally the people are very bright, but there is now a dual personality. The older DENTSPLY employees will stay for forever (if they are allowed to).
Pros
The products and the people
Cons
Management, especially at corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dentsply Sirona. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight