Denver Health Employee Reviews

Welcoming to Travel RNs
Circulating Nurse, Operating Room (all services) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2019
Worked at DH as travel RN in 2014. Great crew at that time; don't know about present day. This OR sees all kinds of surgeries and staff can handle anything!
Busy city system
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2019
The Denver Health Paramedic Division is still an excellent place to build up your chops as an urban paramedic. It's a very busy 911 system, and pay is among the highest in the area. It's a meat grinder, though; turnover and burnout are high.
Favouritism and a lot of Hear say
CNA - Acute eating disorder unit (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2019
I was 7 months pregnant when offered the job. After a month of shadowing and still on boarding onto the unit I felt welcomed, well I at least thought I was, but I was wrong. At 8 months I was admitted to the hospital and was out of work for four months. Upon my return after recovery and maternity leave my co workers expected me to know everything to start working independently not knowingly that I still was not properly trained. Well I was then called out not doing nothing and even made a couple mistakes and the unit manager wrote me up for. Overall unfair if you are not careful and a lot of favouritism amoungst the CNAs and nurses.
Pros
Being part of a company once on board great benefits!
Cons
Co-workers who dislike you will make you look bad in anyway
easy going work environment
Health-care cook (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2019
not a bad place to work, benefits are awesome, can improve on how they pay the people who work hard, compensation doesn't match production. Upper staff are nice
Pros
benefits, pto, people
Cons
pay increase
Great coworkers, horribly toxic management
CM (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2018
Overall, I loved working at DH because of their mission and the patient population that they serve. However, DH has a tendency to repeat the same mistakes, such as continuing to hire unqualified managers, supervisors and directors who ultimately are only interested in the salary and the authority that they gain. In the end, these types of managers/directors have driven out extremely talented and skilled workers. In my years there, we have already gone through 13 different directors and countless supervisors. The morale has been terrible for the past 5 years. Until DH is truly interested in employee retention and actually fostering true leadership, it will remain a very toxic and hostile work environment.
Pros
Great benefits for a hospital
Cons
Hostile and toxic work environment
learned a great deal & received valuable knowledge in working with denver health
journeyman maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2018
worked closely with skilled hvac engineers in the repair & maintenance of the heating,ventilation & air conditioning systems.learned the operations of cleaver brooks boilers at 125psi.management were great in providing a good environment to work in.workplace culture promoted a caring & professional atmosphere.i sincerely enjoyed my employment working with all staff members at denver health.
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2018
I have never worked at a place like this. Great culture of inclusion and diversity. Ability to make an impact on the companies growth. The company genuinely cares about it's employees.
Awesome place to work
Medical/Surgical Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2018
Great staff/ management
Lots of Trauma
Needs 24hr Spanish interpreter
Needs 24 hour EKG tech coverage
Needs later AUCC hours
Resources can be hard to come by
Great company with bad management
SYSTEMS ANALYST/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2018
The company and position itself are great. However, the 'good ol' boy' mentality of management paired with lack of true leadership skills makes this a challenging place to work.
Great Place
Clerical Support Specialis III (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
Im leaving the company because I don't fulfilled in my position. It's an awesome organization that I would recommend to my friends to wokr, but I have certain goals I have set for myself that I can not achieve in my current position
This job has pros and cons
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
Overall great hospital for on the job training.
Equipment is often in poor working condition. Patient hygiene not a priority on some floors. Hit or miss on unit manager involvement. Very dedicated Employees across the board.

Very limited places for employees to park. Denver Health WILL TICKET YOU!!! Employees have to pay for parking.... totally ridiculous
Pros
Great place for learning as DHHA is a teaching hospital
Cons
Employees must pay for parking... limited parking!
Tough place to work
Patient Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
Tough environment to work in due to patient population and over stressed/ overworked staff. Don't trust anyone because it's a cut throat untrustworthy atmosphere. Management isn't trained properly and HR doesn't follow their own policies. The culture is every man for themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing with endless complaining and non-stop gossip/bashing of fellow team mates. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving the patients a good experience as well as making sure they're satisfied.
Pros
Benefits/ 401 K package
Cons
Poor team work with backstabbing
Hard to lose the old culture but new management is changing it
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to serve the underserved and underinsured. Although the demographic is fraught with social issues, patients are grateful for the care they get. Hardest part of the job is the dealing with the old culture and reputation of Denver Health.
Nice place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
As a CNA this is a great place to work. Your skills are put to work everyday. Your coworkers make a world of difference. There is always encouragement to continue education.
Outstanding corporate leadership team who understands integrity-centered leadership.
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2018
Outstanding corporate leadership team at Denver Health. Absolutely wonderful, peaceful and inspiration work environment. Above average compensation plan for identical roles offer by competitors. Great benefits and tons of freebies.
moving up
Medical Assistant (HCPII) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
when wanting to improve and expand knowledge it makes it tough for some of the employees because of fear of being held back by supervisors and other co workers. The hours and flexibility is nice to have but when you are an MA and the face of the clinic more of recognition is appreciated.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no push to succeed
Productive, positive and helpful.
Clerical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
Overall Denver Health is a great place to work although there have been numerous changes in management lately. Fun environment with great coworkers. Eco pass provided at no cost.
Pros
Three day work weeks.
Cons
Too many changes in management.
I was a medical records clerk working the midnight shift.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Denver Health. I learned a lot of medical terminology, how doctors work and how important medical records are to a hospital. I especially enjoyed working nights.
Pros
I worked at night which gave me a larger hourly wage.
Cons
I had to take two buses to get to work.
a great place to work
Disease Intervention Specialist/ Study Coord (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204September 30, 2018
I grew from novice to professional while employed at DHHA. They gave me the reins and supported my growth in every turn it took. The management is actively involved in every day activities and I truly miss being a part of a great organization. They bought me out and retired me at 57...imagine that!!
Pros
great benefits and education growth encouraged
Cons
very often short handed as the hiring process is lengthy!
Denver Cares
Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Denver CaresSeptember 20, 2018
I work as an intermittent employee, I am only required to work one shift per month, however, I work more than that now that I am out of school. I have referred many counselors to Denver Cares as the environment is professional, clean, and team-oriented.

I have learned many things working in detox with the chronically homeless and addicted population and have led many clients toward treatment and a different lifestyle.

The most difficult part of the job can be dealing with an intoxicated person that is belligerent or aggressive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my co-workers and rarely working with the same people twice. All of the staff members I have worked with have displayed a friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate attitude.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Aggressive and belligerent intoxicated clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denver Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight