Denver Health Employee Reviews

Productive, fun and positive effect in the community
General Practice Residency (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2018
I loved being a resident here despite any challenges. Very good place to receive and education while helping patients who need care. Medical faculty are very helpful and great educators.
Denver Health was not a enjoyable place to work at.
Patient Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
After trying to apply for promotions at Denver Health many times I was always looked over and never promoted to any of the positions I was qualified for. Being a Denver General original employee when they became Denver Health they offered early retirement for all of us that were grandfathered in so I took it as an opportunity and accepted.
GreatCulture
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
Love the people and patients The employee engagement and experience Is great. New management and commute the reason for looking elsewhere. would love to come back to another department
Cons
New management
Poor management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
Lack of emotional intelligence within management and leadership. Staying for years and getting your 1-2% annual raise is the only way to increase your salary. No performance based raises. This leads to resentment among good employees, and also allows others to do the bare minimum with no incentive to do better. Management doesn’t promote within or treat their employees like they matter. Instead of fixing problems, they put it on the employees to create action plans even though we have no control over any of the real issues, like flexibility, communication, task efficiency, better or any training, etc. which is what really needs to be resolved.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Salary, management, everything else
steady pace work flow
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
Denver Health is a great place to work, sometimes the supervisors forget that we are people too. The lab was always full of patients. with a good team built one can have an easy work flow. Denver Health saves lives.
it is a fun work enviorment to work in
Enviormental services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 8, 2018
Denver Health has a lot of growth potential and great benefits, this is the kind of job that wants you to work for them but is also all about helping you find yourself and advance to bigger and better opportunities.
Smart coworkers
Epic Application Analyst, eHealth Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2018
Lots of learning experience. Majority of the staffs have previous Epic experience and I am lucky to have smart and well experienced coworkers. Fun place to work!
Low stress
Senior Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2018
Lower stress than other facilities in town. Upper management doesn't seem to value our opinion on things that matter. We give our feed back, but decisions have already been made. Upper management doesn't know our job, doesn't seem to care.
It was a good place to work
RELEASE OF INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
Good place to work People are friendly, the hours are consistant, the management was very encouraging. I would work there again any time. Good place to grow.
A good place to grow and learn.
RMPDC / Nurse Line/ OUCH Line (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204June 12, 2018
I enjoyed the many years that I worked at Denver Health. Denver Health provided great medical benefits. Learned a great deal working at Denver Health.
Pros
Great benefits
A unique place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2018
There would always be an opportunity to learn through out the day. A typical day at work was very rigorous depending on the patient. There was always people there to help and support you. We worked as a team.
Pros
Many resources to support you.
Cons
It could be tough working there in an intense environment at times.
Great benefits, but Horrible management
Clerical Specialist V (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 31, 2018
Denver Health offers great benefits, but management does not know what they are doing. They frequently change processes and policy's and dont understand why they do not work. Growth is almost unheard of, as the company usually will always promote from outside, never within.
benefits
Cons
management, no room for advancement
Fast Pace Stressfull meaningful
ROI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Answering phones assisting patient, attorney and doctors in obtaining medical records. The hardest part of the job was witnessing patients that would not get quality assistance in healthcare.
benefits
Cons
managment
Did not enjoy working here at all
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2018
My manager was a horrible person and ended up getting fired in the end. She really went out of her way to make everyone's life miserable. The CEO at the time was also very difficult to work for, he ended up stepping down as well.

Difficult population to work with as patients. University of Colorado would turf their Medicaid patients on us and then it was like management would take that out on the staff.

I wanted to work her to help a diverse population, people in real need. Management made that difficult.
Pros
met some really great patients
Cons
management
N/a
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2018
Strong presence within the city and county of Denver. Constant variety in the day. Fast paced. Safety-net hospital, Level One Trauma Center, teaching hospital.
lots of diversity
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2018
I worked there 16 yrs, so I felt at times it could be demanding, but
do-able. Met a variety of people and did a variety of jobs there. I enjoyed the versatility there and liked working with a variety of pts.
Pros
free meals
Cons
parking can be difficult
Very competitive
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with Denver Health because I was interpreting for patients who were limited with their English language. Loved my job! I felt a feeling of great satisfaction at the end of the day! Management however made it difficult to work there. Lack of flexibility was tough, lack of communication, and stressful situations without any type of support made it hard to keep wanting to work there.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Competition, stressful
Fair with room for improvement
Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2018
Most of the employees really do care about their patients and work hard to provide quality care. We work with many challenging characters but that's part of what keeps this job interesting, at least for me. I love meeting the large variety of people we serve, from the homeless to immigrants to the poor to refugees. I meet people from all over the world, from all walks of life. I have a lot of autonomy which I enjoy.
The hospital is always strapped for cash, so they can't offer as many modern amenities as other hospitals. It also means they demand every team runs very lean. Expect to work hard.
Management ranges in quality like any large organization. They do make an effort to lead "from the bottom up" so every employee has a voice. Whether that voice is taken seriously or not depends on your management.
It can be frustrating, as an employee, when the hospital won't put more money towards needed things - updating infrastructure, newer equipment, more job positions. The clinics - both general and specialty- are overwhelmed and do not have nearly enough staff. As an employee, I've had specialty follow up appointments be 2-3 HOURS late - very frustrating. It can appear that finance keeps wanting to cut things without realizing how we are all operating on a shoestring already. If only they would invest in us more, we could earn them more money by seeing more patients in a day and still being able to provide quality care. But I'm not with the finance department and I'm sure there are challenges that us front-like staff aren't aware of. FYI - There is very little financial support
  more... for continuing ed so be prepared to pay for that out of pocket.

DH has many passionate and fantastic providers. We provide care for everyone regardless of insurance or income. While it comes with many challenges, I would not give it up for the world.
Pros
autonomy, low level employees can voice opinions
Cons
unorganized, always strapped for cash
Great place for beginners a teaching hospital
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Very diverse and great benefits accepting to new graduates which is very hard to find I found this to be a place you retire from good people great pay
Great Place to Work
Clerical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
I worked at DH for 5+ years. It is a great place to work. I was very happy with my original position with the organization. Main problem was that someone didn't like me and that is what led to my termination. I would go back to a different position and I would still recommend this organization as a place to work for friends and family. The benefits are outstanding and I was always in a very supportive environment. They believe in a diverse workforce. I am still a patient with the organization and hope that I can continue to go there when I get new insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denver Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight