Denver Health Employee Reviews

Great Place
Clerical Support Specialis III (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
Im leaving the company because I don't fulfilled in my position. It's an awesome organization that I would recommend to my friends to wokr, but I have certain goals I have set for myself that I can not achieve in my current position
This job has pros and cons
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
Overall great hospital for on the job training.
Equipment is often in poor working condition. Patient hygiene not a priority on some floors. Hit or miss on unit manager involvement. Very dedicated Employees across the board.

Very limited places for employees to park. Denver Health WILL TICKET YOU!!! Employees have to pay for parking.... totally ridiculous
Pros
Great place for learning as DHHA is a teaching hospital
Cons
Employees must pay for parking... limited parking!
Tough place to work
Patient Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
Tough environment to work in due to patient population and over stressed/ overworked staff. Don't trust anyone because it's a cut throat untrustworthy atmosphere. Management isn't trained properly and HR doesn't follow their own policies. The culture is every man for themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing with endless complaining and non-stop gossip/bashing of fellow team mates. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving the patients a good experience as well as making sure they're satisfied.
Pros
Benefits/ 401 K package
Cons
Poor team work with backstabbing
Hard to lose the old culture but new management is changing it
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to serve the underserved and underinsured. Although the demographic is fraught with social issues, patients are grateful for the care they get. Hardest part of the job is the dealing with the old culture and reputation of Denver Health.
Nice place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
As a CNA this is a great place to work. Your skills are put to work everyday. Your coworkers make a world of difference. There is always encouragement to continue education.
Outstanding corporate leadership team who understands integrity-centered leadership.
Senior Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2018
Outstanding corporate leadership team at Denver Health. Absolutely wonderful, peaceful and inspiration work environment. Above average compensation plan for identical roles offer by competitors. Great benefits and tons of freebies.
moving up
Medical Assistant (HCPII) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
when wanting to improve and expand knowledge it makes it tough for some of the employees because of fear of being held back by supervisors and other co workers. The hours and flexibility is nice to have but when you are an MA and the face of the clinic more of recognition is appreciated.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no push to succeed
Productive, positive and helpful.
Clerical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
Overall Denver Health is a great place to work although there have been numerous changes in management lately. Fun environment with great coworkers. Eco pass provided at no cost.
Pros
Three day work weeks.
Cons
Too many changes in management.
I was a medical records clerk working the midnight shift.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Denver Health. I learned a lot of medical terminology, how doctors work and how important medical records are to a hospital. I especially enjoyed working nights.
Pros
I worked at night which gave me a larger hourly wage.
Cons
I had to take two buses to get to work.
a great place to work
Disease Intervention Specialist/ Study Coord (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204September 30, 2018
I grew from novice to professional while employed at DHHA. They gave me the reins and supported my growth in every turn it took. The management is actively involved in every day activities and I truly miss being a part of a great organization. They bought me out and retired me at 57...imagine that!!
Pros
great benefits and education growth encouraged
Cons
very often short handed as the hiring process is lengthy!
Denver Cares
Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Denver CaresSeptember 20, 2018
I work as an intermittent employee, I am only required to work one shift per month, however, I work more than that now that I am out of school. I have referred many counselors to Denver Cares as the environment is professional, clean, and team-oriented.

I have learned many things working in detox with the chronically homeless and addicted population and have led many clients toward treatment and a different lifestyle.

The most difficult part of the job can be dealing with an intoxicated person that is belligerent or aggressive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my co-workers and rarely working with the same people twice. All of the staff members I have worked with have displayed a friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate attitude.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Aggressive and belligerent intoxicated clients
Poor Management
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 17, 2018
The main laboratory (core) is a fast paced, stressful environment staffed by the most unhappy people I've ever met. All of their unhappiness stems from the atrocious Supervisors and Director that "oversee(r)" the staff. They play favorites to the extreme, form cliques, seem to enjoy making people cry, and fail to foster a culture of group cohesiveness. It's like being in High School. Definitely NOT a professional environment. The Director is entirely "hands off" and as several Techs have stated, rarely comes out to "talk with us peons". Management refers to the Techs as "the children". Complaints are blatantly ignored, and change is not at all forthcoming. If you are a good Technologist …. do NOT work here, as you will NOT be appreciated. The Supervisors view anybody with a brain as an existential threat to their position. Knowledge is not shared, but kept guarded as if it makes the holder of that knowledge invaluable. This is Healthcare? Run fast from this place
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Extremely poor laboratory management
it is a good company
Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2018
Company is not too bad, Denver Health and Authority provides safety net for uninsured and underinsured patients as well as patients with commercial coverage.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2018
Denver Health is a geat facility to work at. It is very colloraborative and all of the staff really, really cares about the patients. I always felt that the employees go above and beyond for good care.
Pros
tons of diversity of patients; you are never bored and can use several skill sets
Cons
Very busy
Best job I ever had
Clerical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2018
Exciting Environment and great staff. Received the best care here and saw the best care being provided. Their benefits are unparalleled. Would not mind returning.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Awesome place to work!
Staff Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2018
I absolutely love working at Denver Health! The culture, the people, the commitment.... we all love what we do. It is a great place to work because we care about the patients, no matter what their circumstances are.
Pros
Wonderful people
Very busy, all the time.
IT Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
Work, work, work, nose to the grindstone work enviornment. Very little downtime unless system goes down. The time does seem to fly by. One good thing is the upper Tier Support Staff always willing to help resolve issues.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Strictly by the book, no exceptions.
Poor quality of work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Great learning opportunity. Minimal to short breaks. No back up from management. Limited resources and availability of equipment. Limited resources. Difficult patient loads with limited support and assistance from charge nurses
Pros
Great learning opportunities, wide knowledge base, excellent trauma care
Cons
Short breaks, no funding, schedule changes consistently, no back up, always pushing to take more patients even when full and unsafe situations, poor raises, no cost of living raises anymore
Good work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2018
The people that work there are really dedicated to their job and the patients which makes the workplace less stressful. Everyone is always willing to help and teach.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
cleanliness
productive and fun place to work
Coder III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2018
Worked from home, no commute problems, no parking problems. Company has many opportunities for advancement. Good co workers, good salary. Location is difficult.
Pros
wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denver Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight