Denver International Airport Employee Reviews

good team work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2018
on this moment I have to find some different shift the have others but is hard to get it so I normally work at night shift and I need to change for day shift
Learn to work under fast growing work place, Airport.
Licensed (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2018
I love Denver International airport. This experience was new for me. I have been doing office work, now I was working out side with all weather issues. Our Airline company was well organized, flights were coming in, the work was well done. I joy my time at Denver International Airport, I learn work under stress, which didn't was any problem.
Wheel Chair Agent
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  AirservMay 16, 2018
I worked in customer service in every job I had at the airport and at that time I enjoyed it, because I was able to connect with different people and learn so much about the airport itself while doing so. Also working different jobs allowed me to see what best fit me at the time.
Not a place to advance your career
Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2018
I would say this is a place where you go in your career to die...don't expect much and they will work you to death. Pay is well below private sector.
Good work place
PASSENGER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Norwegian air shuttleMarch 27, 2018
Good place to work and I really like it
The schedule is flexible, I have fun working there
I really like my job
The management is good
I really like it
Boring
Aviation Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2018
No career advancement, managers do not care about professional development. Whenever you talk about professional growth, managers don't want to talk about.
COO/DIRECTOR OF OPERATION (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2018
Overall it was a new company trying to compete against the big vendors. We had great service and the customers loved us. But the bigger vendors just was to big for us to compete.
Work day
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2018
Busy and fun and I loved it every other day. This is the type of job that you do not have to have feelings. \it makes you have less of a heart, and more for the money and it's a learning lesson.
Pros
Flights
Cons
Short Breaks
LandsideSservice agent
Landside Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoFebruary 21, 2018
This position was a field contract compliance position that included oversee and inspections of contract workers and ensuring the even flow of traffic at an international airport.
I enforced parking regulations in the airport public and employee lots. I oversaw contract employees who run the pay lots and construction workers working in the parking lots.
Pros
public service
Cons
distance to travel to work
Ramp Agent
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2017
The airport was a great place to work people were always so nice and the work was nice the conditions we had to work in kind of sucked just cause we were always cold.
Aviation Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time at DIA, but recent management changes made a fairly fun job, obnoxious and useless. The job seems to change as our political officers change, leading to changes in upper management. They, in turn, are trying to create their own little kingdoms out of whatever department the head. All the while heaping load of new policies and procedures on those out on the floor actually doing the job that most of the management has never done nor do they have any real idea of how we do it.
OK if you don't speak up.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2017
DIA is one of the best airports in the country, but comes up short when it comes to standing up to a government that is getting out of control. Expect to have some of your freedoms that our forefathers fought so hard for, to be trampled upon.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Provides productive and safe working environment.
Simplicity Ground Services-Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2017
A typical work day provided job consistency with hard working coworkers. Regular scheduled flights provided a busy work environment. Lead and Supervisory personnel was ready to help when needed and created a work environment was a safe environment for employees.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Changing coworkers
You play a part in national securiy
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2017
Not your normal 9-5 job. At times it can be fast-paced and unforgiving. It does offer great federal benefits and a means to transfer to other federal jobs.
Overall Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
Denver International is a great place to work with many opportunities to work in different capacities. There are many vendors, companies and airlines with various employment opportunities to choose from within the Airport. The pay needs to be escalated for the current price of living because Denver is getting very expensive to live and needs to commensurate all living expenses.
Pros
Discount for employees and various work opportunities.
Cons
Wages need to be higher
productive
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80249June 30, 2017
its is an exciting place to work and see many people from around the world, the hardest part working there is during the winter because flights get delayed and sometimes its hard to work in extreme weathers while trying to maintain pace
Fast paced
Courtesy Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2017
Fast paced movement on the job. Able to work overtime if desired. Been with the company for almost 5 years. Enjoy the ability to choose from a variety of shifts.
Very fast paced environment and very effiecent with fun employees and employers.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Sometimes the job was hard, but not because of anything anyone did just weather was unpredictable. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who works well by themselves and also loves a lot or responsibility. This job makes one feel like they are impacting lives because without fuel the planes don't go anywhere, but too little fuel spells catastrophe for anyone involved.
Pros
great hours, good breaks, unlimited overtime, get to work outside, not behind a desk
Cons
long drives to and from work, some trucks were old and broken.
Very productive work place.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2017
I loved the way we were able to communicate with management. Very perfessional setting. Great pay and always ontime. Never had a bad complaint while at work by any personnel.
Productive and Inspiring due to the amount of passengers come in and out.
Passenger Agent Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work is a mixed roller coaster ride. I have learned how to control situations in a positive way. Also how to work diligently with my respected coworkers and management. My management team is helpful and full of knowledge that they have passed down to me. But in the same since the company is very unorganized and needs improvement in certain areas. The hardest part when it comes to working at D.I.A, is that you have to maintain a great attitude even when you are having the worst day dealing with passengers. Plus they amount you work is rarely appreciated or noticed. Especially when it comes to your health, family, and /or pay. The reasons why I enjoy the Airport despite of the cons they have, is because I meet, listen, and learn a lot from my passengers and coworkers. Which is helping me become a better worker and person.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Flight Benefits, Schedule works w/ child care
Cons
Unorganize Management, Not enough hours, Not enough money