Five steps to success:
1) Bring operations, personnel, rider and community safety to the forefront.
2) Replace executive management with a experienced management team with a demonstrated record of success..
3) Actively partner with the FRA to address track and operational issues and get lines approved.
4) Update Operating Rules removing conflicting rules and information.
5) Reorient the perspective of Supervisors to be supportive of Train Operators and be proactive with focus on safety.
2 weeks - extensive background check
Most commuter rail agencies do not pay into RRB, and escape because they are intrastate. At one point New Mexico RailRunner was considering service to Denver; one contemplated strategy was to change crews at Raton so that no crew would cross state lines.
Easy going, management experienced in the railroad. People work hard. You can wear jeans everyday! :)
We even had a BBQ last month provided by the company. YEAH!