DENVER ZOO Employee Reviews

stressed,exhausted,fun
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2018
I learned that a lot of people clean up after themselves and it is fun after you worked there for awhile the management was good and the hardest part of the job was working in all black clothes because it was hot outside on somedays the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and talking to kids about the different animals and seeing all the animals everyday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long lunch breaks
The Denver Zoo was my first job: Would not Recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2018
If you like dealing with small children and upset parents all day, than The Denver Zoo is the job for you! Let’s not forget about the constant smell of animal feces and a requirement to stand beneath the blistering sun for hours at a time. Truly a paradise!
Fun in the Sun with the Monkeys
Summer Safari Captain (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2018
The Summer Zoo Camp is such a fun place to be in Denver.
The staff were great!
Management were friendly, supportive, well-organized and helpful with any problem.
Great place to work.
Great work and good experience working with multiple ppl
Denver zoo (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2018
I loved working at Denver zoo because they was a lot of opportunities with accomplish. They were so many people to meet and work with every. It was very fun being a cashier and I would go rides sometimes on my breaks cause we had that option
Popular place and lots of animals
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2017
This is a fun place to work. The culture is positive. The organization is committed to conservation. There are lot of animals. It's great when the new tiger exhibit opened in early 2017.
Pros
Vacation, people, animals
Cons
Needed fundraising
Supportive and fun Co-workers
Zoo Educator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2017
I really enjoy working at the Denver Zoo, I have been working there for awhile now and its been really enjoyable. If looking at a VARIABLE PART TIME position don't count on getting 20hrs a week.
Pros
people there are very supporitive
Cons
extreamly commpetitive
Love this job!
Admissions Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2017
Hours are flexible, management is amazing, work can be slow or fast depending on the guest flow. I learned a lot about the animals and animal care that they house.
Denver zoo was a fun place to work at.
Cleaning and cashier. (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 7, 2017
I learned many things at Denver zoo for example I learned how to deal with customers using critical thinking, I also learned how to clean neatly. when I clean I like to clean so neat and am so organized.
Pros
we had free lunches at denver zoo, and airport Mcdonalds
Cons
2 breaks for 30 minutes.
Giving you an opportunity with people skills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2017
Enjoyed every moment over the years but never gave opportunity for people that had seniority to feel appreciated. This did help me learn and understand what potential I actually had.
Great Place to work
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2017
IF you're looking for a good stable place to work, That will keep building you up to better things. Then you will enjoy and appreciate this job. yeah!
Growth in Experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2017
Great first job during my time in college. Developed key retail skills, found out skills about myself, as well what to work on in near future. What a wonderful experience during time in college.
It was hot!
Cashier for concessions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be cashing out people at the dip and dots concession. I was never really moved around and I asked multiple times to be moved around to different concessions. I learned a lot how to interact with people and make a good day out of a hard one. The management was organized and well staffed. The hardest part of the job was the heat. Especially wearing black, it was hard to cool down. The best part was being surrounded by animals and my co-workers were really cool.
Friendly people
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2017
everyone there is nice and great people to work with, however basic communication is lacking. higher ups pass blame down as well management treated you like they didn't want you there they would just hire someone else
Incredible Staff
Nutrition Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 20, 2017
Denver was such a fun place to work at. The staff there is amazing and there is such a strong team atmosphere. I worked at the animal nutrition center and everyone there was so supportive and helpful.
Fun and family atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2017
The Denver zoo has amamzing people working for them, but when it comes to paying their assocaites, they are a litttle low on money.
a fun environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2016
As a cashier i provided excellent customer service and sold products to every customer that came into the store. I learned how to up sell and add additional items to each transaction. the hardest part of the job was knowing every employee since there was so many leaving and coming in, the most enjoyable part was the environment i love the zoo and working there was fun.
Pros
I got alot of hours
Cons
no autonomy as an employee
Very Fun Summer Job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2016
Working at the Denver Zoo you'll experience many different people,working with you and guest. its very fun, always changing, just getting used to the smell.
Pros
free lunch, shift bid
Temporary Job at Best
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2016
Constant turnover of staff, management wishy-washy, and job specifications ever changing.
I worked here part time for less than 2 years while I attended college. In that time I have over a dozen different managers.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Money taken out for lunch/break, constant coworker turnover
Working with animals is the best I guess N everyday over 700 people needs help and showing them around
Runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2016
This job made me feel that I can do everything cuz I was the only one who was doing two different positions at one place and every week I was getting 50,cent discount
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great and fun place to work!
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2016
Great place to work. Was really respected from the employees, and the management team. enjoyed working at the restaurant, seeing all the kids and the pleasure they were having at the Denver Zoo