Department Of Consumer Affairs Employee Reviews

Not a bad place if you are a student
Pedi-Cab Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
People and fellow members who started with me are friendly and they have respect among each other.
Not only that the whole system is very stable and managed properly
Pros
Good timings.
Cons
pay is very random
productive work environment
Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Interview complainants, follow up on request for medical records. consult with supervisor regarding updates on cases with a running statute. Productive work environment
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
limited term position
productive work place
Programmer Analyst of Information System (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 24, 2017
A common day of work at this agency is to arrive at 8 am to check if the whole technical system is in perfect condition, to help and reestablish any service so that the company has an excellent function. This company helped me expand my knowledge in the technical area of the system, keeping me updated every time with the technology that was emerging in the technological field. This place of work could recommend it as it has very good services for its employees and also in an agency that allows its employees to have the opportunity to expand their knowledge. You do not work under a strong stress throughout the day, excellent fellowship in the same and excellent communication between the manager and employees. Before leaving the place of work I checked if everything was running in perfect condition before I left for my home at 5 pm
Provided Skill Training and Ongoing Education
Project Manager and Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2017
DCA is a great place to work, with outstanding leadership, additional education and professional atmosphere. They helped lead me in a direction to became a subject matter expert (SME) on various procurement processes, project management and I gained the respect,confidence and trust of others.
Pros
Retirement Benefits, Medical Benefits and room to promote
Cons
Lower pay than private sector
Review
Chief Deputy Director (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work with an important mission. Great people who care about what they do and how they impact consumers. Numerous opportunities for career advancement.
Enviroment was relaxed and the Director was engaging
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
I liked working there I learned new tasks and I get to learn FMS NYC wide, co-workers were always willing to help. I enjoyed my time working in the Finance Division.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
not paid
Working environment
Computer Programmer/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 25, 2017
It is freedom with a good manager. However, too many unnecessary meetings daily. Need extra income.. for certain purposes. Seeking in home work such as customer care services.
Pros
Working on-line at home
Cons
Pressure
A relaxing office job.
Office Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 20, 2017
I only worked here for 2 months as a intern. It was a intern for High School credit. I would love to stay if it wasn't a intern. I was young and still in school. The department only got me doing the mail and filing it during the time I was there.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Not enough work to do.
Great work experience
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Department of Consumer Affairs and obtained a lot of knowledge and experience as a Special Investigator. I also obtained new skills that will help me succeed in my future employment.
Pros
great expierence
Cons
N/a
Very busy and fast pace office, must be able to juggle several balls in the air
Office Technician (Typing) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2017
From the moment you walk in, it is a fast pace and busy office. You must be able to do multiple things at the same time. Must know how to prioritize and still be calm, cool and professional and still have a smile on your face.

Must know how to deal with the impatient public calling, the Executive Office and the Governor's Office and they all want answers. You must know how to handle all this and still be professional. I love this fast pace type of environment.

Sometimes I get so busy that I forget to stop and eat lunch. I love taking care of the Executives, the Staff and the public..
Pros
Great potlucks & birthdays celbrations. l
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Its a good enviorment the people are nice and friendly
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
I got to learn a lot meet new people and grow
We had Christmas parties Halloween parties very nice environment to work in everyone worked as a team you not only do your job but you learn what others have learned very friendly place.
Excellent Place to Work
Press Officer (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 30, 2015
Working for the consumers is always good. In this department there is a lot of work and the people is always kind. The co workers are great.
good to meet people
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
its all About the consumer must be on time and always welling to go above n beyond always on the move and some times working through lunch
Wonderfull expirience.
ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 27, 2015
My assignment were:

Press conference
Press release
Social Media

I learned to create new projects for the company and protocols related to public relations.

PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT
Equipped to provide excellence in high- level support
Highly-dependable, bilingual and social abilities with aptitude to help others. Creative, dynamic, agile, organized and punctual. Willing to learn and improve myself. Follow instructions and work as a team. Empathy and working under pressure.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
• Knowledge in protocol, editing, press conference, crisis management, investigating markets and creating advertising campaigns.
• Knowledge in statistics, press release, and journalistic writing.
• Certified as social and corporate event coordinator.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Solid summer internship, opened my eyes to QA
QA Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Weekly meetings for projects, with target issues and report guidelines. The day was allotted for research, working on spreadsheet analysis, and technical report writing. QA department was close knit, and a lot of personality types blended well together, both with other interns and main staff. The hardest part is writing a complex idea in simpler terms within reports, but the most enjoyed part was report presentations.
Pros
Consistent workflow, clear requirements, fair management
Cons
Short breaks, creativity limited at times
Gained great work experience with the State of CA
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
My daily duties as an office assistant consisted of answering phones and routing calls to appropriate person, drafting and disseminating letters and memos, assisting staff with general clerical tasks. I learned a lot about the services we provided to consumers by holding medical professionals accountable to their actions. I absolutely loved my manager and co-workers. They were a fun and lively group of people. The hardest part of the job was that it was only part time but the most enjoyable part was definitely the great work environment.
Pros
great co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
Needed a full time job but only part time available there
Not a fun workplace
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT, PER DIEM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Directors making decisions in a personal manner as opposed to a professional manner.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Inexperienced Directors
Delivered mail to different divisions
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2013
A typical day at DCA was clocking in and assisting in getting mail ready for the routes. After preparing the mail I would get the mail for my route ready and put it into the vehicle and drive on my route. After driving my route in the morning I would take a lunch then I would get my afternoon route ready then go out on my second route. After my second route was complete I would go back to the office and assist in putting mail carts away for the night and I would clock out. Management was good. My co-workers worked well with me and they helped me a lot when it came to sorting mail. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all the routes. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent customer service to everybody that I saw on my routes.
Pros
driving
Cons
distance
A lot of potential -- try after election
Employee (Former Employee) –  NYCFebruary 14, 2013
Could be a great agency, and maybe it once was, but under this administration, employee morale is very low, turnover extremely high, and management is poor and unprincipled. Ironically, the agency, which advocates honesty and transparency in businesses, just obstructed a routine audit by the Comptroller and is now being investigated by the Department of Investigation.
Pros
some great staff
Cons
poor management, low morale, high turnover
Nice Career, Furlough are the only downfall.
AGPA - Records Management (Current Employee) –  Sacremento, CAJuly 27, 2012
Projects, upgrades with current systems and products. The process of mail deliveries and functionality on a daily basis in a high productive environment are fun as well as the digital print facility I work with.
Pros
close to home, great team
Cons
furloughs