Department of Energy Employee Reviews

High Powered Contracting
Contracting Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMOctober 18, 2018
I learned a lot about the Department of Energy (DOE) and it's culture. I worked for the Environmental Management Los Alamos Field Office. I learned a lot about nuclear waste clean up and contract administration.
Productive and educational
Sr. Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMOctober 13, 2018
Working with the subcontractors and the various disciplines within my organization to create the master schedule, while establishing the sequencing and lead time of each organization completion timeline. Progressing the master schedule in accordance to the update received to meet the project requirements.
Relaxed
Administrative Assistant/Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2018
This job is very stress free. You are not micro managed, as long as you come in and do your job all is well. Plus they have a ton of fun activities that they do with the staff through out the year including cookouts and pie throwing competitions.
AS a Special Police Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2018
I love Assisting people, worked and enforced security rules and policies to protect employee, sensitive document, and all the environment of the facility
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 1, 2018
Competitive challenging diverse fun interesting flexible hard work not boring teams players time management cultural friendly great hours upgrade programs excellent lunches
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People
It's okay.
Helpdesk/Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 20, 2018
No job security, Management is not great. Lazy workers. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this company. It's not all that. Nothing going on there. Thumbs down.
Productive fun place to work.
Radiological Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work with challenging roles. The workers are willing to help new employees by giving them the advice and guidance needed to become great Radiological Control Inspectors.
Great environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2018
Typical day at work is checking in on my staff and came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among then. Meet to discuss our goal setting wk.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Fun and Learning in one place
(DOE) Fellow Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
As a fellowship it was great. knowledge and learning in one place. the mentorship is amazing and they help the students with the research and to succeed in their career whether the BS or MS.
Security Clearance Processing area for Hanford site workers
Clearance Processing Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 27, 2018
Just wish I had the opportunity t work with their staff again. Enjoyed with at the Federal Building office. It was a contract position and I'd certainly welcome the chance to work their in the future.
Doe
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20585June 25, 2018
My typical day is to provide professional administrative support through knowledge of administrative management and office procedures. I have learned how to process visit requests in accordance with the regulations, policies, and procedures. The workplace culture is consist of civilian personnel. The most enjoyable day of this job may require training.
Pros
Offers (Metro Subsidy)
Typical day
Floor Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2018
a typical day at work would be dust mopping and burnished floors. Also mopping and waxing. I also clean and pull trash. Also other duties that the lead worker assigns me.
Review
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2018
The federal government is a very interesting place to work. However, just like with any job it comes with its positives and negatives. While I enjoyed working there, the constant change in management due to alternating political appointees, can make is rather difficult. I learned a lot and appreciated the experience.
Pros
training, interaction with management
Cons
constant turn over due to political influences
Great workplace enviroment.
Senior Planner Senior Estimator Project Manager, (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 15, 2018
The day starts with what is presented in the emails, which include LANL news and DOE news in the form of a daily posting of LANL today .gov which offers news and upcoming / ongoing events.
Pros
A feeling of belonging.
Cons
Some people are a little bit cold and stand-offish
Great Job for nature lovers!
Environmental Sciences Field Station Intern (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 13, 2018
Beautiful scenery, you get to work out doors, experience nature and all its creatures! Being outside can get a little exhausting, but as long as you stay hydrated, you'll be fine!
great job
Lead Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2018
Good position for learning and improving skills. Good co-workers and team work environment. Shared in ability to make your own decisions. Great Ownership
Doe
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
The mission at National Nuclear Security Administration is of utmost security and relevance to our nation's security. I really enjoy the magnitude of our mission and the culture is amazing. Stressful environment. Great staff. Be patient. Plans change at moments notice. Take the training to improve your performance. Dedicated and hard working team members with supportive management.
Good safe work enviroment
Operations / ERT Chief (Former Employee) –  Hackberry La.April 5, 2018
As an operator I would be responsible fluid movements to monitoring well pressures to running pumps and motors various pieces of equipment ect. I would also be required to handle all emergency or accidents as the ert chief
Pros
safe work enviroment
Cons
long hours maybe 1 day off a week
Contract inside of the Department of Energy
(Contractor) Custodian (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2018
Department of Energy maybe a great place to work however I work with a contracting company. The contracting company need to be more organized and help their employees more.
Contract Employee
INFORMATION DATA CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 29, 2018
Great environment to work in. Not stressful but collaborative. I hated that my contract ended. My intentions would have been to cross-over to full-time if there where any openings