Department of Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive fun place to work.
Radiological Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work with challenging roles. The workers are willing to help new employees by giving them the advice and guidance needed to become great Radiological Control Inspectors.
Great environment
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2018
Typical day at work is checking in on my staff and came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among then. Meet to discuss our goal setting wk.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Fun and Learning in one place
(DOE) Fellow Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
As a fellowship it was great. knowledge and learning in one place. the mentorship is amazing and they help the students with the research and to succeed in their career whether the BS or MS.
Security Clearance Processing area for Hanford site workers
Clearance Processing Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 27, 2018
Just wish I had the opportunity t work with their staff again. Enjoyed with at the Federal Building office. It was a contract position and I'd certainly welcome the chance to work their in the future.
Doe
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20585June 25, 2018
My typical day is to provide professional administrative support through knowledge of administrative management and office procedures. I have learned how to process visit requests in accordance with the regulations, policies, and procedures. The workplace culture is consist of civilian personnel. The most enjoyable day of this job may require training.
Pros
Offers (Metro Subsidy)
Typical day
Floor Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2018
a typical day at work would be dust mopping and burnished floors. Also mopping and waxing. I also clean and pull trash. Also other duties that the lead worker assigns me.
Review
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2018
The federal government is a very interesting place to work. However, just like with any job it comes with its positives and negatives. While I enjoyed working there, the constant change in management due to alternating political appointees, can make is rather difficult. I learned a lot and appreciated the experience.
Pros
training, interaction with management
Cons
constant turn over due to political influences
Great workplace enviroment.
Senior Planner Senior Estimator Project Manager, (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 15, 2018
The day starts with what is presented in the emails, which include LANL news and DOE news in the form of a daily posting of LANL today .gov which offers news and upcoming / ongoing events.
Pros
A feeling of belonging.
Cons
Some people are a little bit cold and stand-offish
Great Job for nature lovers!
Environmental Sciences Field Station Intern (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 13, 2018
Beautiful scenery, you get to work out doors, experience nature and all its creatures! Being outside can get a little exhausting, but as long as you stay hydrated, you'll be fine!
great job
Lead Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2018
Good position for learning and improving skills. Good co-workers and team work environment. Shared in ability to make your own decisions. Great Ownership
Doe
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
The mission at National Nuclear Security Administration is of utmost security and relevance to our nation's security. I really enjoy the magnitude of our mission and the culture is amazing. Stressful environment. Great staff. Be patient. Plans change at moments notice. Take the training to improve your performance. Dedicated and hard working team members with supportive management.
Good safe work enviroment
Operations / ERT Chief (Former Employee) –  Hackberry La.April 5, 2018
As an operator I would be responsible fluid movements to monitoring well pressures to running pumps and motors various pieces of equipment ect. I would also be required to handle all emergency or accidents as the ert chief
Pros
safe work enviroment
Cons
long hours maybe 1 day off a week
Contract inside of the Department of Energy
(Contractor) Custodian (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2018
Department of Energy maybe a great place to work however I work with a contracting company. The contracting company need to be more organized and help their employees more.
Contract Employee
INFORMATION DATA CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 29, 2018
Great environment to work in. Not stressful but collaborative. I hated that my contract ended. My intentions would have been to cross-over to full-time if there where any openings
DOE great
Security (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2018
Great Place to work good people and good team mates and colleagues. Provide Clearance and proper training. ex CPR Firearms and media emergency management.
Benefits
Cons
Work Hours
Fun and creative team members
Internship (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 21, 2018
It was a great opportunity to work with the Department of Energy. Met new people and had a chance to experience dealing with people who had different beliefs and backgrounds in and out of the working environment.
Discuss
Public and Media Affairs Specialist, MSTS (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2018
The NNSS is a delightful place to work. Interesting things happening all the time. Although, often, secrecy concerns keep us from discussing events here. Happy to discuss this further.
Summer
Shadowed an Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2018
This was a summer opportunity and a 2 day trip where I was a member of Patriots Technology that allowed me and the group to shadow an executive for the day. It was an excellent experience.
Great Place
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNFebruary 26, 2018
good place to work. contracts roll every 3-5 years and made job security uneasy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The culture was very laid back.
Relaxed and enjoyed going to work everyday
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 14, 2018
productive and relaxed place to work. Family oriented and team oriented coworkers. Helpful coworkers in every aspect of the job. If we did not know each others job we found out the answer and helped anyway.