department of finance & administration Employee Reviews

8am-4:30 pm
TAX SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2018
Relaxed sometimes...busy during tax season Jan-April....unable to take off work during those months

lunch break 30 mins
two 15 minute breaks

great job for those trying to finish a degree and work full-time
Wonderful environment
Senior SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 7, 2018
Wonderful environment to work at DFA.Good Colleagues.

Work ethics are good and good time management.

Flexible timing and good Team.thankyou
SAP application needs more experienced resources
Stressful
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72204February 8, 2018
I have not worked there in many years, so I cannot fairly give and evaluation of the work place. But when I did work there it was constant drama. I do not miss working there.
Fun work place
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Marion, ARJanuary 26, 2017
Working full-time with part-time benefits. no raise, no vacation time, no sick time. Customers was really nice. If the benefits was there for me. I would have stayed on the job.
Pros
Cons
like you in prison
Easy, laid back job with traveling ability to network and meet other employers and individuals
Support Tech for Handmail Department (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 12, 2016
My job consisted primarly of handling U.S. Postage and state agency mail. A typical day consisted of transporting mail to other state agencies as well as the post office. The most enjoyable part of this job was delivering the mail because it gave me the ability to network with other companies and individuals as well. The worst part was the weather. I had to deal with the heat during the summer and winter during the winter months. Overall, I enjoyed this job and the networking skills included.
Pros
network opportunities, traveling within 30 mile radius
Cons
weather conditions
Starter job good for getting into the state gov
DFA Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 6, 2016
The job itself is an ok job. I don't do much. Mostly getting about 8 hours of exercise for walking around all day. People in the office (tax auditors, supervisor) watch you on the security cameras waiting for you to do something and want you to pry in other co workers business to get information. I mind my business and do my job and go home. If you like people, walking, and you are easily entertained you could work this job. It's more for young people starting out that need the money, or someone older who is retired and just want money and benefits. If you're looking to grow in the position and move up, you won't be here long. Once you get the gist, there's nothing else to learn and nowhere to go from there unless you transfer to another state job. Little bit of typing involved for daily reports. Other than that, it's fine.
Pros
Good benefits, guaranteed 40 hours, exercise, potlucks
Cons
No advancement, management is wishy washy, laid back one day, nit pick the next, high turnover rate
productive workplace with no end to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 17, 2015
it was better a few years ago, also things get lost and misplaced there, and paperwork is always lost, but the people who work there are very nice and friendly.
Jobs
Assisting Associates (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 11, 2015
As a typical work day, it may consist of logging on the the computer system, processing the data. learning new skills, assisting associates and performing deletions with co-workers. the most hardest part of the job is not having enough time to do more. the most enjoyable part the job is helping others.
Pros
Helping
Cons
Not able to help everyone
Df&a
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 20, 2015
At this job the hours are set I love that I worked Mon -Fri 8-4:30p with 11 paid holidays and birthday off.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Cold Building
Good
DFA SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 15, 2014
A good place to work if you are content with your work status.