Department of Justice Employee Reviews

Fast pace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 18, 2018
Great way to help children during their rehabilitation. Unfortunately, was laid off within the first six months. Was able to be a voice of motivation to the chidren who listened and make a difference.
Pros
Lots of walking and ways to stay active.
Cons
Laid Off.
productivity
Lead Main Frame Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  708 Main St Dallas TxJuly 17, 2018
I am hopping to team up with work that will allow me to keep busy for the most part. At the end of shift we as a team can say Job Done. When you work together to accomplish the goal it makes work so much productive..
Pros
possible overtime
Cons
not working with teamsters
Good Job Security; Little Autonomy, Salary Below Average
Division Counsel (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
Job Security is good and benefits are decent.

Difficult to change ingrained culture or entrenched bureaucracy. Salary difficult to live on in major city.
Great place to learn and get experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my team members. They were understanding and willing to help me to succeed at whatever task I was responsible to handle. The team had a good sense of humor.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Not a lot of room for moving up
Team work!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2018
There were constant meetings, managing projects, report writtings, viewing reports, managing and providing support to various teams to ensure company end goals were met. Monitered work groups, set up schedules and reported findings.
Pros
Stayed busy, work was interesting and challenging, efforts were positively received
Mixed Results Workplace
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2018
The mission of DOJ and OJP is what drives the positive parts of my review. Senior leadership lacks vision to empower staff towards career development.
Time for a change
Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2018
Change is usually good, an opportunity for growth but this time reorganization means major cuts to staffing and changes that do not serve the field. This position was my dream job where I felt like I made a difference, now it is one that keeps me up at night.
Pros
Mission - Serving the field to keep our communities safer.
Cons
Downsizing
If you need benefits thats all its good for
FEDERAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  WILWOOD, FLJune 11, 2018
The job its self wasnt hard or bad, what made it bad was the lack of attention the leadership would take to help prevent or slow down the use of force that came towards the officers from inmates. And no action would be taken against inmates who violated the prison rules, making it an even unsafer place for everyone because it aloud inmates to get comfortable with there actions and they got more and more risky and it was leading to more fight, more drugs, more knives and pretty much everything else they were not aloud to have. Im all for the action but only whe it is needed and it doesnt need to be a daily habbit to run a smooth institution. Should be ran by the book, period, that way all areas are covered
Pros
Cool people and good starting pay
Cons
No life, And mandations to stay back at work
One of the best places to work in the government
Undergraduate Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2018
I was completely blown away by how great it was to work in the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the Department of Justice. Great management, great co-workers, great work, and great location
Productive and Busy
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF IMMIGRATION REVIEW (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
My day would start with working on cases that were handed to me by the advising attorney. I would draft memorandum. Some days I would accompany one of the three immigration Judges to the court room, and take notes on the cases they heard. Being in the court room with the judge was the best part of my job. I enjoyed being present at the hearing and observing the prosecutor and the judge handle different cases.
Summary
Investigative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2018
A self learning position
Easy to manage
Workplace where everyone got alone.
Special task given by headquarters every 3 months.
there was nothing hard about the position
Pros
group lunched together
Great career
Surveillance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2018
The opportunity and experience is truly once in a lifetime. Once you get in the opportunity to advance are high and people here want to see you succeed as they help in any way that they can
Interesting and meaningful work
Executive Office of Immigration Review (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2018
I was a contractor with the US Department of Justice, so I was not privied to pay raises and evaluation bonuses like the government employees. I think that something that could be improved. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. Immigration Court was an amazing and interesting experience. Helping people in this difficult procedure and world of immigration law was meaningful.
Pros
Fun office, very understanding and family cultured environment
Cons
as a contractor no paid time off for weather and shut downs
Great Experience
Temporary Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
Good, easy working professional,a great opportunity and experience, receiving phone calls, filling & copying, running errands, associating with coworkers, and finish assignments in a timely manner.
Pros
Being Organized.
Cons
Being Unorganized
Unfair to contracted employees
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
The job itself is alright- Mon-Fri, great hours. You cannot become federal over a certain age. There is no advancement, no breaks, good luck getting a key to the bathroom.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Review Summary
Executive Office of the U.S. Trustees (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
Overall, good place to work. Great Benefits, and Pay! Training is provided on an ongoing basis to keep the employee up to date with the latest technologies. Hardest part of the job could be the commute if your not use to commuting.
Benefits
Cons
Commute
People at the Department like to play political games, like to stab people in the back, and love being comfortable. Some people were good though
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2018
Typically I would review collection accounts, perform financial investigations, draft (through CDCS) legal documents and letters to send to various debtors. People generally left me alone unless they worked with me but people loved to backbite and scheme others out of positions.
need new management
Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2018
need better management. The SLA runs things and takes everything personal and doesn't talk to people properly and has terrible people skills. The CA is new and does whatever the SLA tells her to do
Pros
Cons
poor management
Very professional atmosphere
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2018
I loved working at the Department of Justice with the prosecuters and staff and all the other agencies that worked together to bring in the criminals. I was able to go to federal court at times and was very happy they allowed me to sit in on some of the trails.
Pros
Pleasant and professional work atmosphere
great place to work
Tax Division, Office of Training (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2018
Was a great place to work, it provided me an opportunity while getting my degree for college. The Director of Training allowed his staff to have input in the direction that they wanted there programs to go. Our input was appreciated.