Department of Labor Employee Reviews

fast paced agency
Employment Security Representative (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 10, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone who likes to work independently and that can handle a large case load. it has been a learning experience for me and I am thankful
A lot of expectations
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 8, 2018
I'm a part of the department of labor through the program of jobcorp. We have many chores to complete. Such as roomcleaning, work in the cafeteria, and outdoor cleaning.
Many educational opportunities and advancement possibilities
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  District of ColumbiaSeptember 5, 2018
I worked for 27 years at the DOL most were very enjoyable. I had some very supportive supervisors most of the time. Enjoyed the travel afforded by some of my positions.
Pros
Good advance opportunities, office and building facilities very good
Cons
To many reorganizations to often
ability
Nursing Assistant/ MA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2018
gives you a chance to make a difference by educating young adults, and helping them prepare for life after school. they encourage staff and try to recognize accomplishment
Good location
Office Automation Safety and Health Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
Government agency like any other for the most part. If qualified can go far within and around a large agency. Advancement incumbent upon work ethic and qualifications
Excellent
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2018
Great work environment I would recommend and still actively do recommend employment through the Department of Labor. Great hour's and benefit's. The hardest part of the job was field note's.
Pros
excellent atmosphere
Cons
short break's
There is not one place that is perfect
Secretary Assistant III N/S (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 22, 2018
NJ Dept of Labor is an okay place to work for. They have good benefits and several days off for holidays. Trying to get a promotion is a challenge and one would need to be persistent.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
the commute
Government Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2018
I worked at GDOL several years. Worked in TJTC and NAFTA/TAA. Work was good and steady, fair employer and upper management. Work setting was business but relaxed.
Coal Mine Safety and Health Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHAugust 14, 2018
Laid-back, make own schedule. It is a great place to work. I can choose which days and hours I want to work which makes it easy to spend time with family.
Not an exciting place to work if you do not like traveling.
ECONOMIC ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
The position was part-time with little team interaction and too much personal vehicle traveling to perform surveys daily as a part of the job. THe job is best suited for individuals who enjoy changing and unpredictable environment.
A good experience for a temp position
Administrative Assistant - Temp (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work for me would be answering multi-line telephones and working directly with the Deputy Chief & The Chief Officer of Information & Support Services. I had a great learning experience and worked well with the other employees.
Pros
Learning the day to day process
Cons
The job being a temp position
The Springfield office was good to work for, but they are govered by Jefferson City who make the decisions that management has to abide by.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 6, 2018
Loved the pace of the office. Actually given sufficient time to train, however felt that some of the older employees were a lot tougher and harder to please.
Pros
benefits and revolving assignments
Cons
older employees
not to my liking
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
very poor management, they do not follow there own code and don't do what they are supposed to do management is horrible here wouldn't go back for nothing
A good starter job
Wage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 2, 2018
If you land in the right agency you could benefit long-term by learning a lot without being looked over by management or the cut-throat union office..
Pros
None at the moment
Cons
Management need to work harder on their people skills and understanding employees are essential
Productive and fun workplace
Local Census Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXAugust 1, 2018
I loved working for the Census Bureau. I was one of top managers in my region and had the respect of all 3300 employees. If the job was permanent instead of temporary, I'd still be there.
Pros
Great Management, awesome mentors, training
Cons
Temporary job
Please see resume
Administrative Assistant - State of Virginia (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2018
Assisting the Project Director on a daily basis.
Working with the youth, in an effort to change lives for the better.
Sometimes it can be stressful when you cannot locate a student as they have changed their minds about entering the program.
Pros
Working with the youth
Poor place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 24, 2018
Department of Labor looks for ways to blame for leadership failings and will create ways to get rid of good employees. It used to be a good place to work.
Helping Others
Employment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 18, 2018
I was able to help many people while working with this company. That was the best part of the job. I also enjoyed collaborating with coworkers on how to best help my clients. Management was also very supportive.
Claims Deputy (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2018
I think the Department of Labor is a great place to work for job stability. There should an increase in pay being as though the work can be overwhelming at times .
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Pay is not great
Bad place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lopez, PAJuly 10, 2018
I worked there for a bit and I just watched it go downhill. It started with the not showing up to work stuff when it started to show on the cars after people stopped doing stuff with them