Department of Labor Employee Reviews

Work Here
Computer Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 5, 2019
Work here was great! Good working/at home balance, boss was very understanding, and lenient! Some of the people are all fashioned but the department is well funded and growing bigger and bigger!!!
Pros
working conditions, people, bosses
Cons
Pay, At times can be boring
fast paced, customer service oriented
Counsel, Civil Rights and Labor Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2019
good working environment, dedicated workers.Excellent benefits. Interesting legal work. Supportive environment. good location. Encourages independent thinking.
a review of Department of Labor
Governor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2019
I would recommend working for the Department of Labor in a management or supervision position. Be willing to relocate or travel in your state. Be willing to attend state and regional functions to meet others. It is helpful to be a global thinker and innovative.
Pros
nice place to work for management
Cons
room to advance
productive & educational
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2019
The technical side for Department of Labor, the day - to - day operations constituted Analyzed, reviewed, monitored and provided direction to System Administrators and Network. Upgraded system processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution. Administrative function was assisting the National and Regional office, strategic communications team. Coordinated, tracked and managed emails, memorandums, talking points, general correspondence and organization chart, using Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and Power Point Presentations. Arranged all travel management tasks related to executive schedules in accordance with the Federal Travel Regulations. While working with the Bureau of labor, I've learned that owing a woman's based business was so challenging & competitive, the hardest part was getting funding from the government and being successful and treated equal.
Pros
attending the seminars & meeting other women owned business
Cons
couldn't always attend work due to scheduling & shift rotations
productive and f
Electrical/Maintenance volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2019
This was a good company to do volunteer work for my trade, being an electrician I learned a lot of things in just two weeks. I think this is a good opportunity for a lot of people to advance their knowledge and skills.
Pros
the sight on the roof is spectacular good place to eat your lunch.
Cons
N/a
Good start.
Front Desk Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2019
Regular office building. regular office space with regular office workers, at work doing there daily routine. Strict policy for all visitors coming into the building.
Productive fun place to work
Registered Nurse-Individual coordination (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2019
I enjoyed working for the department of labor. Both patients and staff were nice. I learned how to care for patients with occupational exposure. I would work for the DOL again.
Pros
workday flexibility
Cons
home office located in denver
Very productive and competive to place to work
1st Assistant to the Branch Chief Assitant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2019
Starting off in the mailroom as a mail clerk, being moved to the position of a customer service, promoted to the Chauffeurs Lodge to drive the Secretary and her staff around in the DC, VA meetings, airports, conferences etc.. Promoted to the Head Security Office working under the Chief Branch, doing payroll, letters, setting up meetings, preparing literature for the telephones books, help market the new ID system. Secretary duties, telephone, taking messages, establishing a filing system. Very competitive position. Hard working and schooling at USDA...
Pros
Free education, work awards, holiday clelebrations, annual leave, and credit time
Cons
Hardwork, reliablity must, time frame assignments
Dol
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68509January 19, 2019
Absolutely love my job!!! I don't consider it a job, I wake up every day pregnant and never have issues about going!! Some jobs I wouldn't like and hated going, never had that feeling here!
Pros
Understanding of family life
Cons
It's a temp position
Great Work Experience
Worker's Compensation Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Excellent place to work. Hours are excellent. You can telework after you are trained and understands the procedures and regulations of the job. Leave and sick leave is great, with credit hours.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Work is productive and challenging
It was temporary work study
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJ 08625January 8, 2019
The Department Labor was great because it had a very professional atmosphere, everyone worked well together. I only received $8.50 an hour due to the fact that it was only work study for me but the actual pay for the permanent employees was pretty good, about 20+ an hour, depending on one's position. Management was awesome and worked well with my colleagues and I. I enjoyed the quietness of the atmosphere so that It was easy to focus.
I have been working at DOL
AWS Engineer, Splunk Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
Great people to work with. Enjoyed coming to work every day. Very hands on learning and people took time to help you with anything you needed help with. Excellent working conditions.
More work activities
Educational Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
I want to wrok at a place that's not only fully of good people I also want to be at a place where it's fun to work. More bonding moments to better the job chemistry.
Work independently
Field workers comp case manager. (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Meet with patients at physician apts, obtain progress, treatment recommendations, Obtain RTW date, Work with various types of individuals from various cultures. the hardest part of job is getting IW RTW with a difficult physician who feels IW is not ready, or job does not have mod duties, that IW has to RTW full duty. IW has to be able to RTW full duty before employer takes him back to work.
Pros
Return to work
Cons
Difficult patient
Structured and empowered
Regional Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
Given broad authority to complete work which varied daily. Managed programs over a 10 state region and given broad authority to conduct on-site monitoring within budgetary constraints.

Enjoyed opportunities to train both State and Local staffs on their request or on my insistence when compliance monitoring indicated the need.
Great place to
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2019
Great team management & great workplace to be work. All co-worker was friendly, help each other for any assist. My Project end, also my last pay team throw surprise party
productive department
Governor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Great place to work in the 1900's. A great job to learn how the government works at the federal level. I enjoyed traveling to different states and apply policy.
Pros
learned new procedures
Cons
more flexible hours
Automotive student
Automotive Student (Former Employee) –  Carville, LADecember 18, 2018
Living on center was stressed and packed i didn't enjoy it much due to the fact that the center was over crowded. On top of that students stole and fought and nothing was done to prevent this.
Equal Balance
Butler County CareerTRACK (Former Employee) –  PA CareerLinkDecember 17, 2018
Excellent benefits package; poor management, lack of support for employee grievances. There was little to no training for the new VP and no support for loyal employees which forced some to resign.
Contract Employment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Palmer, AKDecember 2, 2018
The Department of Labor has contracted this center to a Native Corporation. There are no federal benefits in regards to pay or medical and annual salary is not meeting the mandated pay per the department of labor. The Corporation pockets most of the contractual cost and does not follow federal guidelines. I currently qualify for food stamps working for this contracted company. Department of Labor does not visit site to ensure that Federal guidelines are kept up with
Pros
you receive a pay check
Cons
not backed up by Federal Governement