Department of Labor Employee Reviews

currently nice to work at.
Administrative Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GANovember 19, 2018
I enjoyed what i did, my manager/supervisor was very knowledgeable . I really enjoyed helping people learn the computer syster. I have worked with computers for over 30 yrs and really enjoy it.
Pros
i enjoyed what i did working with computers
Cons
was a temp job
More work less pay
OSHA Investigator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 19, 2018
while you were continuously given more inspections with less pay, the moral is horrible turnover is like a revolving door, lack of leadership. training was almost impossible to get. So was support
Pros
busy
Cons
low pay
Fun working environment
Immigration Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPNovember 19, 2018
Get in get it done, learned that working is important. Typical day inspect documentation of passengers review and make decision on the spot weather passenger is legally entering the Commonwealth Territory to the United States.
Pros
overtime
Cons
under-paid
A great start to actual work
Student-Aid (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 12, 2018
A great peak into an actual office job and what to expect. It was my first actual job and I enjoyed the enviroment and the people involved. Being an intern for this job showed that I could intern anywhere else.
Pros
A fun internship
Cons
sitting for 8 hours
There was not much flexibility
Benefits Specialist-TEMP (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 6, 2018
While employed with DOL, I'm not so sure the agency cared much about their employees. Especially the ones who needed to be compensated for injury. The hours here were long, there wasn't much hope for growth and our job was always threatened by upper management.
Shortage in manpower
Executive secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPNovember 1, 2018
Management would micromanage the employment section. They wanted what they want to happen and not because they meet the employment requirements. Pay was low but staff was to improvise on cutting back on expenses. Staff were violating regulations such as no call no show but not given warnings for their negligence. Employment services is the first stop to finding work but management is reluctant to give wage increases to staff every year because one reason or the other. I enjoyed working there. I just didn’t think that those staff working hard was being recognized for their hard work but fast to find their faults. When management would abandon their responsibility without notice and expect staff to not be productive because Boss is not in the office.
Pros
We meet our quotas every month
Cons
Management encourages one staff member to blossom instead of the entire staff
Not allowed - Government Employee
Information Technology Specialist Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2018
Not allowed - Government Employees are not allowed to do this publicly because it increases exposure to liability or discipline or Hatch Act violations.
Great Place, great people good company
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Trenton NJNovember 28, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
A very good company where information was productive and a team which is very supportive