Department of Labor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to be if you know what you doing
Tier 2 Help Desk Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2018
great place to work if you can carry your own weight. If you are a direct fed hire then you are great. I was a contractor and the contractpr fired me after I had a stroke. the FEDs did look our for me however they could, great people
Okay place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2018
I really love my job but there no room for advancement and the hours don't really allow me to have a personal life because I work graveyard and most weekends. The most enjoyable part of this job is I work with young adults trying to better their lives and I love being apart of this.
Pros
When a students completes the program.
Cons
No benefit package.
Productively slow
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Christiansted, VIJune 6, 2018
Government in general is lacking the ability to keep good employs. 3 years ago, a raised was promised, nothing yet.

Good Environment.
Low spirited

Staff is friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
No overhead
Cons
No desire to boost employees moral
Mission-driven public service work
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
The U.S. Department of Labor affords employees the opportunity to serve working men and women in the U.S. The most valuable part of the job is serving.
Steady, but not overwhelming
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 2, 2018
Worked with under privileged young adults. Enjoyed interacting with residents and students. Staff was friendly and made working in the stressful environment more enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly staff & benefits
Cons
Off site management staff
Growth
CTR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15206May 30, 2018
Working there provided me with the opportunity to grow as a professional. I learned my worth and knew when it was time to leave. I enjoyed the students and staff however, there were many challenges along the way.
Pros
knowledge and training
Very fun place to work
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 29, 2018
A typical day at work would be me cleaning the cafeteria, auditorium, bathrooms and some classrooms. Working here helped teach me how to work in groups and to be patient working for people.
Professional workplace, with outgoing coworkers.
Licensing and Regulation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2018
Everyone was willing to help me with whatever i needed. i only was there for a couple months due to it being a youth works job but overall it was a very good experience.
Excellent place of employment, great supervisor and work environment.
Administrative Assistant, (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2018
This was a one year pilot program to provide paid training/education to veterans and low-income persons.

This job entailed recruitment, site monitoring, community resource recruitment, meeting with the customers, interviewing and encourage all to take advantage of the free educational and training benefits.

It was great to see recipients of the program graduate from the program and some to go on to higher education.

We also helped find housing, clothing and counseling services for all who became students of the program.
Pros
Free lunch, great business environment.
nice work environment
Office of Foreign Labor Certification (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
ability to learn more
friendly people
relaxed environment
learning how the government works
overall job is exciting
best job I've had in years
family oriented environment
Pros
incentivies
Cons
temporary job
workplace was enjoyable
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergMay 13, 2018
Working with applications that contained confidential information, multitasking and having to be very accurate. I worked there over 20 years and it was a ongoing learning process.
Great Place to Work
Secretary/Stenographer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20212May 4, 2018
Very good agency to work for. Lots of potential for professional growth. Classes were offered to expand employee skills and lots of on the job training.
If one can handle being time sticklers,.good place
Nations job count (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
Department of Labor hire for particular job skill and then there's the second and third part you were neber told of
Ok as they give training. Stickler on clocking in and out. Watch breaks, lunches, etc
Pros
Great salaries
Cons
One minute late, that is made up.
Very professional environment that required continuous professional development
Assistant National Monitor Advocate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2018
Working at the Department of Labor was a great opportunity to live in Washington DC and to work in a public service career. You learn a lot about the specific population you are servicing and how to best serve them.
Pros
Great salary and fringe benefits can't be beat
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 23, 2018
I'm still working here at the job and I love the environment and the people is so friendly and I can grow in the company soon to be permanent.. And that's a opportunity.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 5, 2018
I like about this job it have a good hours starting at 8:30 ending at 5pm. I learn how to help with computer and other services. The hard part of this job is trying to make everyone happy. I really enjoyed working with Department of labor.
Pros
It has a good schedule to work
Cons
has to have patient
Temporary Internship status
Claims Examiner (grad school internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
The job appeared to be slow-paced. The staff was laid back and worked independently. All of the work could be learned by following the prompts and using common sense. There was nothing difficult about sitting at a desk, faxing and filing papers and answering phones.
Pros
snow days were paid, make lunch schedule, 9-5 job closed and paid on all holidays
Cons
very productive program to help feed children
Business Class (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsApril 1, 2018
In The department of education school lunch program. There are many schools that need rules and regulations when feeding children snacks and lunch. Cooks must also follow rules and regulations on feeding children. it gave me the experience of how school lunch government workers go out to help make a difference not just for children but for adults that work for this program itself. Everyone worked as a team and managed to get most of the work done.
Pros
Free Lunches and snacks
Cons
Some lack of teamwork
Stressful
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2018
Make you feel worthless.. Morale is very low if non existing... Management is not present... Do not follow through on their own guild lines which makes the next person job difficult.
Pros
Parking on site
N/a
Unemployment Claim Specialist/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 30, 2018
A typical work day was normal. Enjoyable work environment. I would recommend others to apply and work in this capacity. Supervisors are knowledgeable of work and are very helpful