Department Of Public Health Employee Reviews

very relaxed environment
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
Good environment to work in. You work independently most of the time, but have the option of working in teams. Positive atmosphere, nice co-workers, happy.
Productive, fast paced, very detail orientated
Health Clerk (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 17, 2018
Working in the schools as a Health Clerk, is very fast paced and very detailed orientated position. Managing confidential health records from staff and students making sure they maintain the requirements for the Department of Public Health was my main task.
Pros
40 minute daily lunch breaks
Safe and Comfortable environment.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2018
Workplace was friendly.Also, the most enjoyable part of work in DPH was teamwork, because i atchived lots of experience from my co-workers to know how should i handle different tasks in different situations.
Cons
helthecare
Great company great management
WIC Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 30, 2018
this company was great to work for the only thing that wasn't so great was that it was part time and due to funding they were not able to open full time positions.
Educational
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  AtlatnaApril 19, 2018
Depending on your job, you will be able to learn something new daily, be in meetings all day and/or in a training. Being able to educate residents is very enjoyable. The agency really appreciation their employees.
Pros
Penison
Cons
Expensive insurance
Amazing
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2018
This space was amazing to be in. There are alot of new diffferent skills that you learn and the people that work there are so nice and so helpful. I felt like i could ask anyone anyth8ng if i had any questions. It was also amazing to interact with children.
Pros
Nice people, learn new skills
Cons
Alot to take in
DPH Management is poor
Accounts Payable Manger (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2018
The management in the financial area is unexperienced and immature, their primary focus is looking good on the surface versus building a strong foundation. The are willing to violate DPH policy and participate in unethical behavior.
Pros
State Holiday
Cons
good
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
t was a great place to work it was hard to see the patients. some were there for an undetermined length of stay. sometimes it didn't smell very clean there.
Pros
it was close to the zoo.
Cons
it was in a dangerous part of town
Great Job
CALIFORNIA CHILDRENS SERVICES /OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 20, 2018
Very rewarding job. I was part of a team that was responsible for obtaining life saving medical treatment and medicines for children whose family could not afford to pay for same.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Knowing how some of these children had been abused
A good place to learn and wort with the public
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasMarch 12, 2018
Very fast pase, you do learn a lot about every think that is provided. You work with the public and that is very rewording. You work with diffrent culture and believes. I believe the hardest part was the extended hours, the most enjoyable part was having great co-workers. Management was not that great, but was able to work with it.
Pros
half hour lunch, got out early
Cons
vaccation leaves, was a challange

Want to know more about Department Of Public Health?

Ask a question
Extremely micro-managed
Environmental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2018
There is no room to grow. You can be the most knowledgeable top producer in the field but will not grow unless someone retires or unfortunately passes. Favoritism is throughout. The job requires us to inspect multi-unit homes and that in itself can be dangerous. I have had many dangerous encounters.
Excellent professors
Graduate Assistant to Chair of Department (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 28, 2018
Teaching staff was very helpful and thoroughly enjoyed my learning experience. Very organized staff, several people have retired now so am not aware of current staff.
Technology Management
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2018
Worst management I've ever worked for in my career. The IT Department I was in was horrible moral was the worst I've been around and I worked with TCN's(Third Country Nationalist in the Middle East). It's place were you can see something bad happening by a stressed out employee.
Pros
Cons
Management-Lack of Professionalism-Structure
slow snd lazy
Bacteriologist I (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 22, 2018
this is typical state building. No one wants to work and they will suck the life out of you over time. I used to think my lab was different but after a year and a half i can honestly say that everyone eventually becomes the typical lazy state employee. No matter what you do about it you will be next so don't even start here!
Pros
after 6 months its near impossible to get fired
Cons
Nobody does anything because its impossible to get fired.
low wages
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2018
If you are a Student Assistant the pay wage, benefits and work load is unfair in my oppinion, you get no paid leave unless you accumulate the sick leave which technically is different.
no benefits,could be more productive.Only received 28 hours a week once pay raised from 9.00 to 10.00.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
low pay & no benefits
Cdph sucks
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 16, 2018
The managers, Chief Engineers, and Plant Operations Chief were lazy , non-suportive, and total lack of knowledge. Purchasing repair parts was a joke. I would never work there again.
Pros
Cons
drains your life force
The lab scene was very fun
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I was working in tight quarters with other labs assistance, and so it is very important to respect each other boundaries. The people I worked with were extremely cool, the assignment is very repetitive.
Sometimes very slow
Sr. Programmer/Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2018
We did have 4 hospitals to support. However, when it was slow, it was very slow. I did my best to keep busy. We did have a software update which I was very involved in.
Opportunity to make a positive difference
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 6, 2018
Supportive workplace culture, excellent environment for professional growth, opportunity to make a difference, great colleagues, good work life balance
Everyday is different
Environmental Health Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. We worked as a team to complete difficult task. Each day is different, I have learned a substantial amount of information since the very beginning. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do everything all at once. You must have excellent time management skills. The most enjoyable part for me is being able to perform inspections and reward facilities on what they do correctly and educate them on what could use improvements.
Pros
training and continuing education courses
Cons
n/a