Department of Revenue Employee Reviews

Department of Revenue Port Angeles
Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WASeptember 28, 2018
The management is profoundly bad. The job would be good if the management was not so bad.

The manager was a solid employee until she became manager and then she was forced to resort to underhanded tactics to maintain control because her understanding of leadership techniques is nonexistent.
Pros
Everything except management
Productive and competitive workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Analysis (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 20, 2018
I work at the Georgia Department of Revenue for almost a year. Basically, My Daily work was answering phone calls (inbound and outbound) by assisting taxpayers in English, Spanish and French.
Not a pleasant place to work
Auditing Technician (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 16, 2018
The “long term” employees that have been there since DOR opened its doors, are not welcoming whatsoever. If you are of the younger generation, the long term employees will have it out for you. Supervisor in BIT unit seems to love gossip and is not good at managing. There are many other state departments that are great, don’t waste your time at Dept of Revenue.
Pros
Cons
Work environment, management
nothing i didnt mind answering
Mail service Tech (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOSeptember 6, 2018
great place to work with great benefits. Ive learned a lot about taxes and what forms i need to fill out and send in when certain things arise in my life. Nothing is hard because i genuinly enjoy what i do.
benefits
The works are productive, strictly management people
TAX EXAMINER I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2018
It is a very competitive, secure , advancement work place. The agency provides a lot of benefits to the hard working employees , I have no bad comments.
Pros
It offers a very better pay rate than other agency
Cons
Reasonable time off benefits for long service employee
fast paced and fun work environment
clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 10, 2018
I would get to work and sit down at my desk. I would log on place my headset on and start taking calls. the people that sat around me were very friendly, And very helpful if I had a question.
Tough skin job
Revenue Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 2, 2018
DOR is a very difficult job because of the managers. The job itself is not hard at all. But the managers are micro-managing their employees. They may ask what your plans are for advancement, but they will not allow any extra training to help you to advance.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
you'll be laid off at a drop of a hat
Office & Administrative Assistant (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 1, 2018
I worked for demographics within the tax operations division, was told our lay off would start in September which I was okay with due to my daughter going to school, we were laid off in May and before that if they all of the sudden had no work we would get what's called work interruption so we did not get paid for being off sometimes a entire week! before you say yes to a position at revenue ask ALL the appropriate questions before leaving your prior position!
how i feel
Mail & Material Processor (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 24, 2018
I have been a seasonal worker for the DOR for 2 years now, i started there as a temp and worked my way to seasonal, i have learned a lot from them and continue to learn each time i am there and i am given more responsibility every year well liked by my co-workers & respected, unfortunately they do not have a full time permanent position for me at this date.
Pros
great people
Cons
no permanent position
Work life balance decent, pay isn't so good.
Revenue Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 23, 2018
The state is big on work life balance. Supervisors are okay. Not much autonomy to make own decisions. There is a lot of training and resources available to you to perform your position.
Pros
Flex Schedule
Cons
Pay, Lack of Autonomy
not applicable
REVENUE SPECIALIST III, Child Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 16, 2018
Not applicable.I don't want to do this I find reviews of jobs to be too personal and not applicable to other individuals. make up your own mind about where you want to work.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 5, 2018
Department of Revenue was a State job. It had a lot of benefits and I semi-retired at the end of my employment. I was promoted twice while employed with the DOR and went to many seminars.
Benefits
Cons
Disorganized during sales tax collections.
Contract Employee
Taxpayer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJune 29, 2018
I love my job. The only reason I am leaving is to relocate back to my hometown in order to be closer to family. My management team and co-workers always had my back and were there for any questions or concerns that I had.
Fun to work
Tax Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 27, 2018
.A good to get a job at Department of Revenue
Good people to work with overall
You learn how to do your positive n and it was a good place to work overall
You gain at life t of experience and position ve place
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
State Agency with excellent benefits
Employee Relations Consultant - SES (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 25, 2018
As a state agency, Department of Revenue offers excellent benefits. As with most state agencies, salaries are not always consistent as employees are many times paid different wages for performing same job duties.
Pros
State agency with generous benefits
Cons
inconsistent salary practices
Place for opportunity and advancement within the department.
Revenue Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 25, 2018
Department of Revenue was a company of mirco management which didn't always follow the guidelines. There was a lot of schism in the department. Once you get older or have been there for a long time, the department tries to find ways of firing you or making you go into early retirement. They expected the same work from older people as the young which came off the streets or college and the two always coincided.
Pros
They have good insurance benefits and retirement benefits.
Cons
They are partial most of the time and is not understanding.
fair job
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 6, 2018
The State of New Jersey is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits and is a stable job. I recommend working for the state. Management is not so great. But overall I would recommend working for the state
Pros
Great job state work
Cons
Some of Management should not be working as a Mangaer
Enjoyable
Revenue Processing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 22, 2018
I left revenue for a salary increase due to the circumstances in my life. Everyone worked as a team. Managers and co-workers were all treated equally.
Pros
Cafe upstairs
Cons
long walk to the car
Costumer Service
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 17, 2018
The workload is super light and the tasks are not difficult. Wish they would pay bi-weekly and that the pay was higher. I worked as a costumer service representative and everyday was a different day. Yes you learn the routine of issues that are raised by costumers but every single person has a different experience.
Great Co-workers
Senior Clerk / Revenue Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2018
Paper driven environment, data entered into computers is a daily routine. Client interaction via phone and in person is also a big part of your work day.
Pros
Healthcare day one
Cons
Pay into retirement