Department of Revenue Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyable
Revenue Processing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 22, 2018
I left revenue for a salary increase due to the circumstances in my life. Everyone worked as a team. Managers and co-workers were all treated equally.
Pros
Cafe upstairs
Cons
long walk to the car
Costumer Service
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 17, 2018
The workload is super light and the tasks are not difficult. Wish they would pay bi-weekly and that the pay was higher. I worked as a costumer service representative and everyday was a different day. Yes you learn the routine of issues that are raised by costumers but every single person has a different experience.
Great Co-workers
Senior Clerk / Revenue Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2018
Paper driven environment, data entered into computers is a daily routine. Client interaction via phone and in person is also a big part of your work day.
Pros
Healthcare day one
Cons
Pay into retirement
Great
Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Great place to work they have a great employee moral. This company works to permute those who work hard. I really enjoyed working for this company overall.
Great Learning environment
REVENUE SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2018
I received an A rating for effort and the ability to learn new things. Also its a diversity community. People are willing to help and train on the proper learning procedures.
Nice place to work
Operations Review Specialist (Business Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 13, 2018
Nice environment and friendly people. I have learned a lot and continue to learn more and more each and every day. Management is each to communicate with and has an open door policy.
Revenue Agent
Revenue Agent (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 12, 2018
Helped small businesses comply with Washington State regulation. Great staff and management just too low paying. The work life balance was great. Wish it paid better
Good starter job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 9, 2018
Good place to get your foot in the door with a Missouri State Department. Once you get in start looking for a new job so you don't get stuck there for a long period of time.
Amazing
Revenue Specialist II- Interstate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
Best place to be employed!!!! This is a very professional place of business, however, it is not stressful and strict. They applaud hard work, and appreciate breaks and rewards.
Data Entry Operator II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2018
Great place to work... Have a great schedule and friendly people to work with. I enjoy being with a company who actually cares about you. Great managers and supervisors very attentive.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Irs
Temp, data entry clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2018
Keep in mind, I was in a temporary position.
Keyed various type of taxes with speed and accuracy.
Flexible hours, well you had set hours but they were good at working with you when unplanned life situations happen.
taxes
Data entry specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 25, 2018
I only worked here as a temp person, I imputed tax documents into the system. I was only here a short time, the people I worked with were great, they answered questions as needed.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2018
Phone - file - process payments - create files for clerks - lots of data entry - My supervisor was great - work place was nice quiet had my own office - hardest part of job setting all day- must enjoyable was data entry.
Department of Revenue
Tax Temp (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 13, 2018
The department of Revenue has an interesting line of careers. It is a great place to "get your foot in the door", with State work. Unfortunately, it is also is very much, like being in high school again and dealing with "the mean girls."
Cons
co-workers are mostily superficial.
good
Processing Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2018
This is a state government job that is Monday to Friday with the Department of Revenue. I enjoy my job for the most part and for the most of my co-workers it is a pleasure.
Pros
Monday to Friday, Paid Leave
Cons
Salary
Exciting work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2018
Taking inbound calls from taxpayers concerning their state refunds. Assisting them with a payment plan if they were behind in their taxes. Making sure all contact information is up to date.
Productive workplace
Revenue Agent (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work is busy answering phone calls from customers about their WI state taxes owe.

I learned a lot about WI state taxes.

I learned that we can go to management if we need help with solving a problem.

The workplace culture is casual and professional.

The hardest part of the job is taking collection action.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers to resolve their WI state tax balance.
Pros
I enjoy helping taxpayers
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, lack of career advancement opportunities
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2018
Nepotism is a big problem at the Department of Revenue where well-connected people without supporting education or job experience assume key leadership roles and they hire and fire employees at will. The skill level of the employees is very low and as a result the quality of the output is very limited.
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, lack of career advancement opportunities, low wages.
Same answer as before
Tax Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2018
please read my review from my previous position with Dal-Tile Corporation. You will see how I feel about the company and all that it has to offer. I give them 2 thumbs up
Pros
close to home, good discounts on products
Cons
non
Great for firat time eployees but dont get paid enough for the job duties that get added that they do not tell you about
Office Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 24, 2018
First time employees would do well as a start working for a state company. They overworked employees and didn't pay them enough. I was put on 4 duties that were not in my title at first but then changed it to office support assistant. I was doing a total of 5 jobs and not being paid enough and was put under alot of stress. You never got the credit for what you do. Multiple times I've helped with projects and the other certain staff who also helped got recognized instead of all of the staff who helped.
Pros
Great starter state job
Cons
Not paid enough and no recognition for extra work