Department of Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The people are helpful and friendly
Administrator Assoc (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 20, 2018
I been on this job for a great of and enjoy working for the people they surround me,with very friendly and learn a lot seen I been working for this Department
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Health insurance is good
fast pace
Compress Natural Gas Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2018
very good time in regard to learning but I had to go to be relocated. Friendly people and somewhat stressful because I stayed busy. Good time and now its time for new challenges
Pros
Free time
Cons
Stress
very nice place to work if your up for hard labor and good money
DOT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
a ordinary day at work is getting suited up for the highways get all of our equipment from the shop and get straight to work also we set a goal for the day such as starting at the spots that may take longer
Politics and cutthroat
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 14, 2018
Very Political and favoritism; 37.5 hours a week and job security

The employees were great!! You didn't know what Manager to trust and no support.
benefits
Cons
management
Highway Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work. You will be in relation to road repair fundamentals and direction of experienced personnel. Great leadership and employee relation.
Pros
Learn road repair, drainage, sight problems, safety of the roadway, You be competitive, and challenged to learn the values of safety, Learn to operate variety of small and large construction equipment.
Cons
Its your second home.
Productive and Eengaging
Construction Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
This is a great place to work. With the constant change in leadership, the work is ever changing. However with the proper middle management in place - the work continues.
Planning
Reporting and Planning lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
Led the Planning team to implement Revenue Planning, Resource allocation, Budgeting and Long Range Planning for Department of Treasury.
Designed a new reporting process to improve department’s cash flow visibility from diverse government sources such as federal grants, gaming, banking etc; Worked with the Treasury group in the process
Dot
Trade Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 9, 2018
Great to get your cdl without paying for it excellent all around work experience team building and place for personal growth. I recommend it to anyone who is looking to figure what they like
summary
Senior Certified .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2018
There is no such thing as typical. Daily, I interact with team members, project managers, QA members, federal employees, and internal stakeholders to provide technical support and guidance on all matters relevant to the QMITS rewrite effort which was eventually renamed to QUASAR. Every day there is a new issue to analyze and a fresh challenge to tackle.
Pros
Blue Sky Cafe is available for lunch
Cons
Follows procedures very regidly
The Department always looks for the improvement of the employees. Annually there's always a family day where all the workers are allowed to travel
Legal Officer (Former Employee) –  PhiJuly 6, 2018
My experience at the Department was a satisfying and fulfilling, a had a great time of exploring all the career improvements and experience specifically on the travel opportunities.
Fun work place and Busy
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2018
In the morning it would be slow but then as it get's later in the day it get's busy and i start to move a lot faster. I have learned how to be more independent but also how to ask for help when needed. I learned how to sort specific files. I learned how to greet people over the phone in the right manner. I have learned to be more patient and always follow direction even if it sounds weird it might just work.There is really no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people. Having the experience to be in a work environment.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
staff meetings
Very great job to be at.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 27, 2018
I love my job. Everyone is very respectful and nice. I would recommend this job to anyone. They also pay really good. The kids can be challenging, you just have to build that relationship with them.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Can be stressful
tough caca
Air Traffic Control Specialist - Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2018
Overall it was a great experience. No guarantee of a job after 3 months of absolutely no-nonsense immersion into a completely foreign concept is a tough pill to swallow.
I was there for work not fun and games
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 24, 2018
I find pleasure where ever I work as I have a mutual respect for my fellow workers and focus on them as the individual that they are. Everyone is an individual created with his or her gifts
Pros
short but pleasent
Cons
great working environment with hardworking people
Internship (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2018
Fast-pace and hardworking environment with committed employees. The work being done here on a daily basis is to serve the community as a whole. Highly suggest pursuing a career here.
good benefits
Administrative Assistant - Personnel (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
I don't remember much from working there. However the benefits were great. I worked in several departments in summer positions so the work was different for each one. Pretty easy. Management was ok in all except one. He was very mean. Other than that, the jobs were ok.
Towing Representative I (Former Employee) –  6700 PULASKI HIGHWAYJune 20, 2018
Assist customers with getting thier cars out of impoundment learned how to help and go beyond the call of duty to get the job done management was awsome the workplace was fast pace the hardest part of the job is getting verbally abrusied by customers coworkers became like family
Pros
Good people
Cons
not a good place to worl
Parts manager (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 19, 2018
if you don't kiss butt youll never go up so if you want to work here get them lips ready is all I can say ,the pay is ok working conditions are ok the people depends on where you go
decent place to work
IT Specialist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2018
It is a good place to work; the salaries may be good for some but not that good for others; it depends on previous history. Performance reviews and promotions are not based on competence but may be based on favoritism.
Flexible scheduling, excellent work life balance, not much opportunity for advancement
Application Developer/Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2018
It's a good place to work if you are looking for a stability and a work life balance. Very flexible work schedule and but the salary is below the private sector. There is not much opportunity for advancement.