No, you do NOT need to be a veteran, nor related to one. Either as a WG or GS. With that being said, you will find a tension within the VAMCs. That what you heard is a normal either misinformation/disinformation communication process going on. Try volunteering while working within your field (civilian) sector, and networking within the field. And apply elsewhere also. Some VAMCs are highly clicking, so think small town, even in a large city.
And add as many experiences towards the job to be selected as possible, and practice the interview style used within the VAMC, as a outline on what they are seeking in your field. Look at the other people working there, and see if it is a cultural fit, house and car included.
No, some of the very... VERY best doctor on this planet call this place home.
No..... but willing to work with them
No but it helps
No but it doesn’t hurt
No, everybody who is eligible is possible
No but you will be pic before anyone else. Which is only fair
I have tried to work in VA but when I call Human Resources what they ask me if I'm a veteran or have a Veteran relative o husband active. When I say no they explain in order to apply any position in VA that's the first thing they investigate because they could be charged fine or fired. That's why I didn't applied no more to VA. Love to take care of our people who served our country and illness people but haven't had the opportunity even if I have the experience and professional studies they can't hire me. Sad but true.
No you don't I do under stand that they have been through more than I know each one went through something differently
No, but you should have a sense of what they have been through.
- If you were to leave Department of Veterans Affairs, what would be the reason?88 people answered
- What is the best way to get an interview?67 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Department of Veterans Affairs a better place to wo…57 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Department of Veterans Affairs?45 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Department of Veterans Affairs about how to improve it?36 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Department of Veterans Affairs? What are …27 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Department of Veterans Affairs?20 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs?14 people answered
- Why wont the VA hire veterans?13 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Department of Veterans Affairs?11 people answered