Mean girls on unit 63!
I was forced out by unit 63s mean girls club.
Work like a dog, no weekends off, force you over.
Management. There are no leaders, only managers.
Anti-employee policies. They constantly threaten to take action if you're not complying with the multitude of policies institute. These are general threats told to the masses every day.
And they have no concern for Veterans, only whether or not you're producing at the level they expect.
Some of the upper staff need to be dealt with, they have no respect for the ones who is really doing the work. This will always be a problem.
Abysmal work conditions, harassment, retaliation, nepotism, indifference and lack of proper compensation.
Management does not do their job. The Director does not do his job. They expect you to do their job, on top of doing your own. So when Management ask, "what's taking so long to get your work done?" you are completely stumped by the ridiculous question. We can't fax or make copies because Management won't get off their butt's to order a fax/copier machine. They always come back with, "Oh we ordered it, it just takes a while". Here we are 4 months later and still no copier/fax machine. We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed and I can say honestly, not one issue has been fixed in the whole year I have been at this VA. My biggest reason why I will be leaving the VA is, Management and co workers with their noses stuck up Management's rears, and they get mad at you for spending to much time with each Veteran. Each Veteran has their individual needs that need to be addressed. And they keep coming back or calling for the same issues for months and months because nobody will help them the whole way through. I mean, aren't we there working at the VA to help the Veterans? Way to many people passing the buck, especially Management. It seems like my office is the "Venting Office". Everyday I get co workers coming in to complain about Management and how they ignore the Veterans. I'm sorry but that is getting old. The final straw for me was when I heard upper management say, " That guy is bleeping nuts!" (Pertaining to a Veteran), Seriously??? What a nightmare this place is.
I was forced out by my former Supervisor, Mgmt CNS and Nurse Manager. I never wanted to leave my job. They said my conduct was bad by telling a nurse, "No, I'll be back for trash". They didn't have the guts to tell them anything in my defense. Just fired me & put me back onto the street again. Lack of RESPECT in Dept of VA.
I'm now a homeless Veteran wondering what to do next...Hum!
Bullying, Harassment & Lack of training.
When I retire, or die. The VA can't be beat.
- What is the best way to get an interview?69 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Department of Veterans Affairs a better place to wo…60 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Department of Veterans Affairs?46 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Department of Veterans Affairs about how to improve it?38 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Department of Veterans Affairs? What are …29 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Department of Veterans Affairs?22 people answered
- Do you have to be a veteran to apply with the Department of Veterans Affairs?19 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs?15 people answered
- Why wont the VA hire veterans?15 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Department of Veterans Affairs?11 people answered