Read 22 answers
Unfair. If they already have someone, or a friend or a relative they give you the hardest questions they can find. Bay Pines VA.
Interviewed for LVN position, there were 3 people in the room. 2 Nurses and the manager of unit. Questions were a mix of clinical based and personality questions with the ending question being: What makes you stand out and why should we hire you vs the other people we are interviewing.
It was a panel interview consisted of 4 people. All performance based questions ( "Tell us about a time when..." "Give an example of..." "Describe a situation in which you...")
If you are shy or dont come in there prepared to be at Arthur's Round Table then you probably ain't gonna make it. Questions are very in depth, and on the spot, and you need to make sure that you would be the best bet for their company.
Panel of 4 supervisors from different units that you qualify for. Each will ask 8 questions each. Questions situational, job knowledge. At the end they will ask if there is anything you want to say about yourself that makes you qualified for the position you are applying for, questions you may have about your positions you applying for ie work environment, what is expected , kinds of documentation used in the unit, what kind of assistance you can receive for the VA to further your education etc.
Several people ask you a series of different questions with at least three parts to each question asked. Situational type questions.
Performance based interviews
Series of performance based questions, given by a group of three to four people.
They score your answers. Very competitive job interview.
Group style interview with questions made up by supervisor
- If you were to leave Department of Veterans Affairs, what would be the reason?90 people answered
- What is the best way to get an interview?69 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Department of Veterans Affairs a better place to wo…60 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Department of Veterans Affairs?46 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Department of Veterans Affairs about how to improve it?39 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Department of Veterans Affairs? What are …29 people answered
- Do you have to be a veteran to apply with the Department of Veterans Affairs?19 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs?15 people answered
- Why wont the VA hire veterans?15 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Department of Veterans Affairs?11 people answered