Read 46 answers
Tiptoe on unit 63 around a group of females who run the unit like it’s their own personnel playground. Don’t let couples on the unit together. It’s causes drama.
The work conditions are abysmal. I work in a metal cage, alone for 40 hrs/wk (combat veteran w/ PTSD) with no heat or A/C. The leadership is vindictive and incompetent and they care more about how they look than the veterans themselves. They'll pile on extra tasks without any form of additional compensation and forget getting help for anything unless you ask a dozen times. Gross mismanagement of funding is so bad that it should be criminal. My advice: stay far away from VA jobs.
I have worked at two VA facilities. The first had favoritism and the like, but in general people were competent. Managers worked with senior leadership well and had plans to meet national directives that came down. My position was not managed properly, but if I was not a trainee I would have had a better time there. Second site was bad. Chief left and supervisors in place now are micro managers that know nothing. Senior leadership and supervisors only care about end result. Supervisors change things after award based on whims. VA culture is very dependent on where you go, I would recommend only if you need benefits/ stability from the federal government, otherwise why would you take a pay cut when you can help veterans in other ways.
It's the best place I've ever worked. I'm lucky to be surrounded by colleagues who are passionate to serve Veterans every step of the way and I'm proud to be on their team. I've been in my current location for three years and I look forward to doing my job every day. Working where I do, I get to be right there to help Veterans navigate the system, be heard, validated and have their needs met. I cannot imagine anything better than to be there for them.
Most of the population working within the VA does not have enough working skills and do not want someone that is not the same race to be even Supervised them.
The VA has become a facility full of families that has infiltrated a Federal Facility and completely devoured it from the inside financially with no regard for patient care.
Horrible. I was subjected to harassment because I have depression and anxiety. My doctors signed letters requests for accommodation for my disability, but the requests were ignored. I was fired for deep breathing at work even though my doctor approved it to cope with anxiety. HR and the on site EEOC office were totally incompetent and did nothing to accommodate my disability. I'm still waiting for an EEOC hearing after two years.
Amazing! Everyone greets you, asks if you need help! People hug you! I guess it’s because I’m in the south. It’s one of the best work environments I’ve been in!!
Dysfunctional, toxic, stressful, fraught with favoritism, nepotism, hostile work environment, doesn't follow va policy, no growth opportunities, promotes bullying and micromanagement. The worst job envy I've ever had. But l loved helping veterans and my actual work I performed.
Culture is toxic and pro black. No team work, lazy people protected by union.
- If you were to leave Department of Veterans Affairs, what would be the reason?90 people answered
- What is the best way to get an interview?69 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Department of Veterans Affairs a better place to wo…60 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of Department of Veterans Affairs about how to improve it?38 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Department of Veterans Affairs? What are …29 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Department of Veterans Affairs?22 people answered
- Do you have to be a veteran to apply with the Department of Veterans Affairs?19 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs?15 people answered
- Why wont the VA hire veterans?15 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Department of Veterans Affairs?11 people answered