1. are you an honest person?
2. you have failed at something on the job tell me how you overcame that failure
3. you can be perfect and on time or late and good at something which are you? those are the only 2 answers and explain your answer
4. you are reporting to work at 3:00 what time do you consider to be late? answer will be a time answer
5. If I was manager and I asked you to do something outside of your job would you do it?
6. You see someone stealing would you report it?
7. You see that HIPPA violation has occurred what is the first thing you should do?
8. Someone gives you something a gift would you accept it? It has a value of over $20.00
9. A big project is due and you are scheduled to leave at 4:30 would you stay longer and finish project?
10. If you could be any tree what would you be and explain your answer?
My interview was 5 minutes and the chief of the department asked me if I had thick skin or thin skin?
They have a list of questions asking about real life situation and they write your answers down
There are a number of types of interviews out there and in the lower job applications there are usually either performance based interviews or situational interviews . These questions do not have a right or wrong answer. This is used by hiring personnel to find out the type of person you are and if you are a right fit for THEIR organization. One word of advice: you will notice that in the government the more you can write in your application, the better as long as you get the right words down. This is because they are usually computer screened. On the other hand, you need to be direct and concise When you are being interviewed. The worst thing you can do is to ramble on and I think it is the number one hiring killer. just imagine you are an interviewer ( I was one )and this last person interviewing is taking up all your time for lunch or runs into somebody else’s time slot. What are that person’s chances of getting hired?
They asked some questions that needed real life experiences. They asked what some of the medical terms mean.They ask what kind of patients you've worked with and how I would deal with certain situations. They were right to the point.
Answered - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) - Martinsburg, WV
Tell me about a situation when something went wrong and a patient was not happy. What did you do to improve the situation and what was the result?
The questions asked depend on the job a person applies to.
Answered - Case Manager (Current Employee) - Nashville, TN
Tell a bit about myself, objectives/goals
Can you work 5 days per week
Answered - Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) - Pueblo, CO
Can you tell me a little about the history of the VA and the goals?
Answered - Medical Assistant (Current Employee) - Capitola, CA