Department of Veterans Affairs
66Average

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
Many different skill level to assist.
Decentralized support for Tier I support.
A lot of effort is made by management to enable innovative problem solving and an inclusive environment, where everyone who wants to be involved can do so.
I participated in a digital internship to develop web content for the Veteran Affair's blog. This included research, writing, graphic design, and editing. Very flexible as I could work from anywhere, and the platforms they used for staying in contact were manageable. Learned how to be in constant contact with other interns and supervisors. Culture of the workplace was generally relaxed and friendly. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of the communication platforms, and the most enjoyable part is by far the ability to work remotely from anywhere.
Good not great place to work. Military environment require getting used to and this one was no different. I was a contractor but was treated fairly by the FTE's.
Typical day was mainly covering core responsibilities for assigned job duties & participating in meetings and discussions relative to job function as an SME.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I hope the work I did will help to enhance Veterans healthcare. The hardest part of the job is a change of mindset of existing employees at VA hospitals.
It's been a pretty good experience for me. I have learned a lot. But there isn't much room for advancement and it's contract work so therefore temporary.
So far good to work with department of veterans . It is very large company and I used to work in the health sight , they care all veterans and also others
I really enjoyed the coworkers I had on my shift. It was fast paced and there were rarely any slow/dull periods of the day. A small complaint is that the office area was comprised of desk just being shoved together, but we made the most of it.
Good place to work, enjoy helping veterans. You get to see the work and service you are providing and that helps. Advancement is slow.
I have the best of both worlds. I work with great people, professional colleagues who enjoy the work. We work together as a team to deliver a great studio production and quality work for the client.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Promotion
A frustrating expereince working at the V.A as a consultant
Pros
Cons
Poor Vendor and government management
mainly testing and trying to make the testing practices better
 Involved in comprehensive Integration, Functional, Regression and User Acceptance Testing of system.
 Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases from business, technical and functional requirement & Use Cases using On Time.

 Used On Time for reporting/tracking all kinds of defects.

 Developed Test cases to Functional, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing of the application based on Business Requirements.

 Performed software testing and quality assurance of PMAS application working under Agile (Scrum) software development environment.

 Extensively used SQL Queries to perform Back End Testing.

 Communicate and coordinate test case review sessions with business analyst and designers to ensure that sign-off is received.

 Participated daily team scrum meetings and discuss various issues and possible solutions for various enhancement and change requests with different scrum teams of the application

 Communicated and coordinated with the client directly helping testing and resolving any issues in User Acceptance Testing.

 Participated in direct communication with the client in trouble shooting the tickets

 Participated in different client meeting discussing requirements and enhancements discussion, which gives overview of the requirements and helps in preparing the test cases.

 Also maintained test inventory for all the sprints which provides the percentage of successful completion of testing against the requirements.

 Conducted Functionality, Regression testing during the various phases of the application using QTP.
Good working atmosphere. Releases were aggresive and intense.
Enjoyed each day of my work day with my great Co workers, Challenged the new responsibilities everyday, and also the responsibilities that I have at my work, are increasing the value of my knowledge every single day.
I learned so much from this project. I enjoyed every single moments.
On-site security assessments of Technical Controls, Physical Controls and Non-Technical Controls according to NIST 800-53x standards for the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs Hospitals, Regional Offices and Data Center's around the country. Built and maintained a virtual test lab for testing and validating in-house developed automated Windows test scripts.
Pros
Got to travel to all 50 states
Cons
Some flights were very long
Loved working here. Sad the contract had ended. Had a great team with an amazing manager.