Department of Veterans Affairs
65Average

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

Great place for veterans to get employment. Benefits are great! Compensation is okay. If holding veteran status, you are respected and thanked a lot for service.
Meeting all the different veterans and helping them was always great. However, trying to provide more services or get more help for the Veterans was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Even local management had hoops to jump through to make things happen. Upper management at larger VA clinics have no empathy for smaller clinics and would rather see them fail.
Pros
Working with Veterans from multiple generations
Cons
Politics runs everything you can do
This is my retirement job. I have never worked where I feel completely comfortable, and confident in utilizing my skill. Education is also encouraged.
Pros
Retirement, vacation, and benefits
Cons
This is a great place to work. Easy promotion opportunities if you do your job. It's a government job so you get all of the holidays off. You get vacation time as well as sick leave.
Pros
Promotion opportunity
Cons
Short lunch break.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I used to love working there. I had the opportunity to work in many different areas and work never got boring.
Good workplace with good salary.sometimes stressfull.Got good experience working with critically ill pts .Gave us a lot of course to perform better at our duties among other things.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stressfull
Would work for the VA again.Very focused on improving services for vets.Individuals who work there care about the population they serve